Pacific Rim Jaeger Resource **03/04 Striker Eureka unfolds added**

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
***UPDATED 3/4/14***
RPFer Glitch 5902 has been working on remodeling and unfolding the Striker Eureka suit pieces for paper pep. :thumbsup It's still a work in progress, but he has about 80% of the suit done. Link is below :thumbsup

I recently teamed up recently with fellow RPFer SriLanKING to try and get some decent files together and hopefully build some pretty amazing Jaeger suits. The most recent batch has been culled from the new Pacific Rim 360 game, with fairly promising results after some tinkering. I will post Jaegers as I can, in textured PDOs and also suit OBJs with separate BMP files, all in .zip files. Hopefully with the help of modelers and unfolders, we can make these more accessible for everyone to build with.

FIRST OFF THOUGH, some info and guidelines:

1- These initial PDOs and files are of entire Jaeger suits, and have not been separated into pieces yet. That's where we could use some help. Preview pics are included in the post to give an idea of resolution.

2- Don't ask me to split these suits up for you into pieces. That's why this thread was started, to offer the files to everyone and hopefully get help from people capable and willing to work on this.

3- New suit models and PDOs will be posted up as I can and will, no need to ask if I am done with a particular one yet (such as Stryker Eureka). If I have the Jaeger, I'll post it.

4- I'll try and keep all updates and new unfold links in the first post so they're easier to find. I'll also try to add any unfolds and pieces people get done in the original post.

5- If you're unsure how to open/unzip/apply textures/unfold/etc., google is you friend. So is search. Do it.

6- I had a #6 but now I forgot it. That sucks.

On to the files: FILEPACK LINK IS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH SECTION

CHERNO ALPHA

Cherno Alpha Filepack (PDO,OBJ,BMP)
Cherno Alpha Filepack 2 (Separate component OBJs) **added 7/31, these still need to be cleaned up**

CRIMSON TYPHOON

Crimson Typhoon Filepack (PDO,OBJ,BMP)
CRIMSON TYPHOON Filepack 2 (Separate component OBJs) **added 7/30, these still need to be cleaned up**

GIPSY DANGER

Gipsy Danger Filepack (PDO,OBJ,BMP)
Gipsy Danger unfolded helmet letter .PDO
IGN Gipsy Danger unfolded helmet A4
GYPSY DANGER Filepack 2 (Separate component OBJs)**added 8/1, these still need to be cleaned up**
SriLanKING's updated 8/6 cleaned GYPSY DANGER parts .ZIP

STRIKER EUREKA

Striker Eureka Filepack (PDO,OBJ,BMP)

NEW ADDITION: GLITCH 5092's STRIKER EUREKA PAPER PEP .PDOs (75% complete):
03/04/14 zip files

COYOTE TANGO

Coyote Tango Filepack (PDO,OBJ,BMP

Let me know if there are any broken links/etc... Have fun.

Last edited:
Re: Pacific Rim Jaeger Model Resource (READ 1ST POST BEFORE QUESTIONS!!!)

I think I just had a nerdgasm... I was just talking about how awesome this would be with the guys where I work. Now that much awesome is 1 step closer.

*runs off to play with the files in blender*

It will make a good fill in while I wait for the stuff I need to finish my Tie pilot build.

Added Cherno Alpha individual .OBJ filepack in the first post. This zip contains the individual part .OBJs, they have not been cleaned up (still have overlapping meshes).

Awesome! Been wanting to build a Gypsy Danger helmet to display.

c57840c27l34bv7fg.jpg
Cherno Alpha.zip

gu07pfnlz3o9cknfg.jpg
Gipsy Danger.zip

here is the updated link with my version of cherno Alpha to boot

Last edited:

Fabulous thread! Thanks so much for sharing!

Love to pep some of these would be awesome!

....added Crimson Typhoon separated .OBJ pack and SriLanKING's Gipsy Danger pack

DANG IT... Now I have to build a Gipsy Danger suit... and I was just about finished with my Ironman armor. My wife is going to kill me (off to buy foam)

Gipsy Danger seems to be the most popular suit; If I get some time I'll try to clean the components up on that model first so it can be built properly. No promises for a timeline, but it is DEFINITELY the easiest model to clean up of the three posted.

Gypsy Danger's individual component OBJs updated in the first post. A texture file is included with these packs.

I'm 100% new to foam modelling but the idea for a Gipsy Danger costume has been burning in my brain for the past week since I saw the film and dove into the internet looking for resources and ideas. So glad to have discovered this forum and all of your amazing work and research so far! I'm hoping I can stick with this and learn how to work with foam since it seems like a really rewarding craft, I've only ever done sewn costumes.

q8d7u2j2sm01ojufg.jpg
t8snl74xh06ij0wfg.jpg
97cujd9wgy7dmyvfg.jpg
uotr76f0cbmecwpfg.jpg

Not to hijack but here is what the gipsy danger helmet unfold looks like when I peped it :cool

That helmet came out great, really clean.

my question is how would we scale the actual suit? because if we were to scale everything to the size of the helmet the costume would be like 9ft tall

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back