Our Collective 5-Foot Millennium Falcon Build

Studio Kitbash,
It actually hurt me to go through your lesson learned on expandable foam. The previous post showed a beautifully built armature and aircraft rib airfoil to ensure proper disc curvature. A very rigidly built structure. I had no idea that “Great Stuff” created such force when expanding during the curing process. Blame it on tricky chemistry.

Thanks for sharing the horror. I admire your persistence & never surrender attitude.

Moving all the kits from the studio to the garage was making good progress,...

IMG_0570sm.jpg

... and then it was hunting season.

Boys brought home four deer and hung them in the garage right between all the kits. (This picture of the last two waiting to be processed).

Ah, Happy Thanksgiving -- may your studio scale build not have that raw venison smell about it!!!

Moving all the kits from the studio to the garage was making good progress,...

View attachment 1764318

... and then it was hunting season.

Boys brought home four deer and hung them in the garage right between all the kits. (This picture of the last two waiting to be processed).

Ah, Happy Thanksgiving -- may your studio scale build not have that raw venison smell about it!!!
Venison is quite tasty. Enjoy

If you haven't already seen it, you HAVE to watch Hiroshi Sumi's "Voice of a Star Wars Fan" -- it will literally bring tears to your eyes to see someone more obsessed than you already are about this one spaceship...
Outstanding. A tribute to ILM and Star Wars. Those who cherish the art of kit parts will understand the depth explained by this very creative individual Mr. Hiroshi Sumi.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back