Officially Licensed STAR WARS: Leather Outerwear. BOBA FETT New Teaser Added 3/22

Re: Universal Designs Ltd. and LucasFilm: Star Wars Merchandise Coming in 2011

Thanks for the update.
I'll be on the look out too.

It appears that the Imperial Cog on David's jacket are rotated 60 degrees off... one of the inner "spokes" should be vertical, parallel to the sleeve's seam.

otherwise, looks fantastic!

License Update in First Post. :)

It appears that the Imperial Cog on David's jacket are rotated 60 degrees off... one of the inner "spokes" should be vertical, parallel to the sleeve's seam.

otherwise, looks fantastic!

Yikes! Easy fix though....:lol
Thanks for pointing it out. :thumbsup

Rimma :cool

Re: Officially Licensed STAR WARS: Movie Replica Motorcycle Suits.

Just to add....
We're going to aggressively take the R&D to a whole new extreme with some of the armored characters from this fantastic world of Star Wars.
Going to be fun!!!!

The Black Leather 'Ceremonial' inspired jacket is only the beginning.
You can expect to see quite a few Movie Replicas with all sorts of form molded leather details...and all designed with removable CE Approved Body Armor. Fully Functional, wearable motorcycle wear.

That said....White leather is already in the development stage....:angel

More to come!

David

nice! seems the obvious choice has to be a biker scout trooper jacket. :)
those guys ride "bikes".

As always, our focus will be on the source material but Dave has also enlisted the help of board members GINO and Art Andrews to assure we...stay on target! We feel that their passion and expertise will help us create some of our most exciting and unique Movie Replica motorcycle suits yet.:thumbsup

Rimma

Lotsa hints dropped there, though from the people involved, I would guess that there's Vader and Fett inspired items on the way.

Though the icons in your signature hint at a few others too! Coincidence?????

I must have watched the wrong films.
I dont recall any motorcycles or motorcycle jackets in the Star Wars trilogy, so how can your products be movie replicas ?

I must have watched the wrong films.
I dont recall any motorcycles or motorcycle jackets in the Star Wars trilogy, so how can your products be movie replicas ?

Movie Replica because it's a 'replica' of what was seen on film. :)
The black leather version of the Ceremonial Jacket that you may have seen, on the other hand is not a movie replica.

Seeing as it's motorcycle wear, there's going to be material substitutions...but we're working towards capturing that beloved 'look' we've all come accustomed to all these years.:thumbsup

Our goal is exactly the same as it's been all along with Batman, TRON LEGACY, Wolverine, Iron Man and The Dark Knight....work hard to make it look like the costume, make it functional, safe, high quality construction and do our best to keep it fairly priced......all the while respecting the source material.
We're working hard to build a certain product philosophy that people associate to UD Replicas and as such, the SW Universe is perfect for our 'particular' kind of outerwear. We're hoping you'll feel the same way once we debut our first 'movie replica'. :)

Of note, Batman doesn't wear 'motorcycle wear' either...but our products are classified 'Movie Replicas' just the same.:cool

..... and we hope that our efforts will please, if not impress you all. We're certainly going to be working 'outside of the box.':angel

Hope that helps.

David

Question for you David:

Do you guys have plans to produce any Star Wars leather goods that are not specifically designed for motorcycle riding?

I am very interested in your upcoming Star Wars leather goods, but I am not a motorcycle rider, and hence don't really need the extra safety features.

Thanks and keep up the great work! :)

Question for you David:

Do you guys have plans to produce any Star Wars leather goods that are not specifically designed for motorcycle riding?

I am very interested in your upcoming Star Wars leather goods, but I am not a motorcycle rider, and hence don't really need the extra safety features.

Thanks and keep up the great work! :)

We get that question a lot. :cool
The reality is any common leather jacket with some weight behind it, or made from stronger leather is generally used as a 'riding' jacket anyhow...we take it a step further and incorporate removable CE Approved body armor on the inside of the garments. Removable for a lot of reasons...some people like to replace it with their own of choice...so the pockets for the armor on the inside of the garments is already there. Cleaning and regular maintenance are also reasons to have the armor removable.
The simple fact that this armor can be removed makes that possibility a reality for anyone not needing it. However we certainly do not recommend riding without it.
Also let me add that this license is not leather specific...expect to see textile garments, leather garments...and combination's there of.:thumbsup
Did that make sense?
Sorry...I feel dizzy. Real long day.......:lol

David

I'd love to see the ceremonial jacket made in yellow leather, same color as the real jacket. Or in orange, like the snowspeeder jackets. If you made them in girl sizes, I know my girlfriend would be interested!

The big negative I see with this is I have a bobber. Now I'm going to have to get crotch rocket to go with my sleek leather.

awesome..!!! cant wait to get a look at the star wars line.. so far their other stuff is top notch...

Wow, amazing stuff! Even my wife thought it looked cool and she is not into this kind of thing at all.
Added to that, I have promised not to ride until the children are grown, so I would also be looking for something that could be worn "around" without needing a bike to justify it.
The stuff you have already done is really beautiful!
I am looking forward to the new designs, though so far, the Tron stuff is probably my favorite!
That Star Wars jacket from the interview may pass it though as a little more subtle.

Thanks guys! A lot of really cool stuff is coming....2011 is going to be very exciting! :thumbsup

Wow, amazing stuff! Even my wife thought it looked cool and she is not into this kind of thing at all.
Added to that, I have promised not to ride until the children are grown, so I would also be looking for something that could be worn "around" without needing a bike to justify it.
The stuff you have already done is really beautiful!
I am looking forward to the new designs, though so far, the Tron stuff is probably my favorite!
That Star Wars jacket from the interview may pass it though as a little more subtle.

Looks like that Star Wars jacket that I wore in the interview, better known as our 'Empire Cafe Racer' jacket...should have a price tag of $298.00 USD.:cool
This design is certainly influenced heavily by the Ceremonial Jacket, and features the following:

- All Leather Construction. Grade A Cow Hide - Smooth Grain Finish.
- Snap Buttons on Cuff, and Wrist Zippers.
- Two-Tone Embossed Shoulder Logos.
- Incredibly Clean, Crisp and Beautifully Executed Ribbed Sleeve Details.
- Removable Quilted Interior.
- Removable CE Approved Body armor
(Shoulders, Forearms/Elbows, Full Back Spine Protector)

- $298.00 USD and Distribution is WorldWide.

More details, clear images and size chart coming soon!
:thumbsup

David

Can't wait to see the prototypes. Everything you've touched so far has turned into gold.

Everything except a Howard the Duck motorcycle suit! (just kidding!)

Can't wait to see the prototypes. Everything you've touched so far has turned into gold.

Everything except a Howard the Duck motorcycle suit! (just kidding!)

Yea...couldn't get those darn feathers to stick to the leather. :lol

David

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back