OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: New blaster family members-UPDATE 08252011

I may need to upgrade after all! Something to showcase my 2nd pair of real Model 7's!

:lol thanks gentlemen!

I´m pretty proud of the paintjob I did, even if the artificial lighting and the flash washes out most of the details :unsure
Like I said I plan to take some better pics in daylight to show the very subtle paint-scheme/ -variations.

Marcus:
The "S" is part of Shawns cast.

Markus

I may need to upgrade after all! Something to showcase my 2nd pair of real Model 7's!

You had to rub the Model 7´s under my nose, riight :lol
I am in deeeeesperate need for a set myself ;)

Thought you´d pass on Shawn´s V3 until someone molds/ casts a real Rexim, huh ? :p

Markus

Nice nice nice. I really like the paint you chose as well. What did you use for the 'S' decal?

Are you going to add the wires too?

Fogot to answer...no wires on mine.
They are only seen on the screenshot of the blaster lying on the cantina floor, but not on the commonly used ref shots.

Markus

That's because the commonly used ref photos are pre-production. The blaster is incomplete.

Fogot to answer...no wires on mine.
They are only seen on the screenshot of the blaster lying on the cantina floor, but not on the commonly used ref shots.

Markus

hmmmm....but where exactly are the wires attached?

Markus

To the gun.

Sorry. :lol

Shawn's rexim is pretty exacting. I don't know what's up with the little disc under the front muzzle/cap though. I don't see this on any other ones. Nitpicky, but I wish he had cast the selector switch separate so you could choose what position to put it in.
I'm trying to get a thin metal dust cover made to replace the resin one.

BTW, if you search on youtube for rexim favor, someone has a nice, REAL one that he shows off. I'd post the link but I'm at my communist job.

We need to talk someone into casting a real one!

Can't remember where the wires attach I'll need to do a little digging. I don't think I could actually work out where one end attached. Maybe a hole drilled in the gun for another reason?

To the gun.

Sorry. :lol

Shawn's rexim is pretty exacting. I don't know what's up with the little disc under the front muzzle/cap though. I don't see this on any other ones. Nitpicky, but I wish he had cast the selector switch separate so you could choose what position to put it in.
I'm trying to get a thin metal dust cover made to replace the resin one.

BTW, if you search on youtube for rexim favor, someone has a nice, REAL one that he shows off. I'd post the link but I'm at my communist job.

Okay, just checked. Maybe they had three scopes on this gun at one time making it symetrical? Because the wires seem to attach in the exact two spots on the left side where mounts would be for another scope!

Awesome display !! thanks for sharing and BUMP for a fresh look at all the picks on this thread. :love

WWWowww !! :eek

Ladies and gentlemen,

please welcome four new members of my ever-growing blaster family :D

ANH DH17
It started it´s live a a regular MR rebel blaster. Inspired by clutch´s conversion, I took a MR apart and had it lying in a box for about three years now. Since I wanted a fast success, I "upgraded" the MR with:
- Real SP scope
- Accurate scope rings
- Real Sterling grip
- Imperial disc
Gave the whole thing a slight weathering and voilá, it looks sooo much better than before :)

DSCF6119.jpg

Next in line is the new version of my Hoth rebel blaster rifle, the A280.
It is based on a resin copy of a STGW44 with
- Real SP scope
- Real V8 model kit parts (motor coils, pistons)
- Leather sling by ogibendogi
- "working" red-dot rear scope (scratch build)

DSCF6126.jpg

DSCF6127.jpg

DSCF6128.jpg

The third new member of my blaster family is the first of FOUR different ROTJ DL44 I´m building...This one is the "Enter the Bunker" version.
- Real MGC C96 (milled details by Lichtbringer, THANKS AGAIN Michael :thumbsup)
- BD mount
- BD scope
- BD muzzle
- Aluminium pistons

DSCF6115.jpg

DSCF6116.jpg

The next one is another variation of the han ROTJ, called it the "hero", if you want ;) As you can see it´s still a WIP...
- Real MGC C96 (AGAIN, milled details by Lichtbringer :))
- BD mount (discs and spacer by Lichtbringer)
- Aluminium pistons
Right now it features a "Frankescope" (not totally accurate) and no muzzle, since I´m waiting for it to be machined).

Not shown are the Stembridge ROTJ, which Ißm still collecting parts for and the one with the reversed H&W 3x scope, which is also on my list :cool

DSCF6120.jpg

DSCF6123.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Markus

Re: New blaster family members-UPDATE 11042011

Sweeeet, finally some pics. Great work, as usual. :cool

I´m glad i could help a little bit. :)

But there are some questions left - am i wrong or needs the one to be without the safety lever?
And "aluminium pistons"? Did i sent you the wrong set? I thought i´ve sent you the delrin ones. :wacko

Sweeeet, finally some pics. Great work, as usual. :cool

I´m glad i could help a little bit. :)

But there are some questions left - am i wrong or needs the one to be without the safety lever?
And "aluminium pistons"? Did i sent you the wrong set? I thought i´ve sent you the delrin ones. :wacko

You´re right about the safety.

Reg. the delrin pistons...
I would have needed 6, where I only have 3 atm. And because I couldn´t decide wheter to put the set on the bunker or the other ROTJ DL-44, I simply used my alu pistons for added coolness (and less accuracy :lol).

Markus

Noice!

Great to see the "King" getting some love lately from you and Michael. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back