OdiWan72´s prop family

I understand all too well.
I had to "tweak" the Bespin mounts quite a bit, but they´re still not quite right (the lower edge is rounded instead of a clean 90° angle).
The Hoth mount was used as it is, but with my real TD124 disc instead of the repro one PLUS I used my existing flashhider!!! The BD just did not look right.

BTW: I´ll be having a Hoth DL44 kit up FS soon :cool

Agreed... That's why I made my own ESB mount for my live fire Luke. My hoth also will have a non BD flash hider... that one just seems too long and big.

They look great! The Thorens end cap looks spot on. Did you paint the center a yellowish color or is that just the lighting. Best Thorens finishing I have ever seen, looks like the screen used one was put on your blaster.

Did you drill out the mount post?

those are looking great. What's the hoth flash hider made of?

It is a aluminum fh from a small run Dan aka Anakin Starkiller did a few years ago.
I finished it to look like painted delrin.
It is much closer to the accurate specs of the Hoth hider IMHO

An no, I did not drill the mount post out...it was already that way on this scope !? :wacko

- - - Updated - - -

They look great! The Thorens end cap looks spot on. Did you paint the center a yellowish color or is that just the lighting. Best Thorens finishing I have ever seen, looks like the screen used one was put on your blaster.

thx!
I painted on yellowish clear to simulate the aged glue-residue

Ich denke er meint den Gewindestift im Bespin knob, der sieht "ausgebohrt" aus. ;)

Scott:
Are you talking about the threaded rod? Nope, it´s looking that way ...allen screw :)
The screw on the Han blaster will receive a treatment with a file, since it is not accurate the way it looks right now

Scott:
Are you talking about the threaded rod? Nope, it´s looking that way ...allen screw :)
The screw on the Han blaster will receive a treatment with a file, since it is not accurate the way it looks right now

Yes thas has what I was referring to. If you fill with jb weld you can blue the jb one filed and cured

Proceeded with digging through my storage and found 4 more tank scopes, that I couldn´t even remember owning :lol
Two of these are obviously some variation to the standard...
A M19/ M32 with added rear lense assembly and "shroud" on the front, so it resembles a M38/ M40
A M40 scope with crinkle finish and a lense insert at the front I haven´t seen before either.

Any idea about the background of these two scopes?

(and NO, I DON`T KNOW why photobucket is messing with the orientation of the pics ?! :darnkids)

I also dug out the box labeled "Sterling PARTS".
It obviously paid off, that I did my deac-shopping before the new laws applied two months ago.
There are five full Sterlings in the box, plus two part kits :cool

Have another unconverted L2A3 and two unconverted MGC Sterlings on display in my mancave, plus the converted ones on my blaster wall.
I love being a hoarder...sometimes :lol

I think they were re purposed, but cannot recall now (a few years ago and all have now gone to new homes) what as. I've an odd thing in my head which is a naval thing hence grey coloration?

I think they were re purposed, but cannot recall now (a few years ago and all have now gone to new homes) what as. I've an odd thing in my head which is a naval thing hence grey coloration?

hmmm.....interesting.

If anybody else can share some insight about these two scope variations, I´d appreciate if you´d post here

I think I read somewhere, but don't remember where, that the M38/40 with the extra lens was in fact re-purposed for artillery.

Sterling frenzy lol!

I only have two :cry

Photobucket has been acting up for me as well in the last week. Changing resolution for no reason sometimes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back