OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: My growing blaster family... update 01-22-2015

"Where´s Han Solo? He´s not in the cargo hold?!" "No, he´s now in the top drawer."

That's really cool! I've thought about doing something similar with a Death Star panel or something and using it as a light switch.

That drawer panel looks awesome, Markus. I'm jealous!

It´s been very quiet over the last months, not being able to spend much time with prop-building instead of an occasional visit in my workshop for casting some Schermuly parts.

Anyway, I was able to work on some EP1 blasters (which I will post a few pics of asap) and finish this little gizmo: A HIC "hero panel" drawer faceplate

I had the parts for this hero panel for years and realized, that it´s unlikely to ever build a 1:1 HIC due to the costs and display space involved. So I just pimped my office by replacing one of the drawer front panels with a fully functional "hero" panel. Hope you like it (sorry about the pics being somewhat grainy, taken in an unlit room):

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/...0-57A7-4AD0-92DB-A048CB89105E_zpsue1vblmh.jpg
http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/...7-B2A9-43FF-BA83-50ACC91007E0_zpsf7ma2ihy.jpg

Markus

So what you need to do is get a mini HIC and outfit the top drawer with it so that you open the drawer and he is inside.

I would put a mini fridge inside . . . where you keep your stash of Bourbon and Scotch or whatever cool drink is your favourite inside :wacko

Chaim

You guys are WAY TOO creative :lol

But hey...keep the ideas coming :p

Markus

Inspired by el locos ANH DH17 build, I did some modding of my own rebel blaster. Idealized (have the resin cast of the ANh DH17, but decided to use a MR instead), but I like it :) Real SP and vintage scope rings, real pulley disc, real L2A3 grip...

And here´s a better picture of the HIC drawer panel, taken in daylight:

Thanks for looking!

Markus

Had a tiny bit of spare time over the easter weekend and FINALLY gave the Naboo Heavy blaster V.2 a GO :)

Already have one version of that blaster, which is based on a M960 cast that suffered from resin shrinkage. My new blaster will be build with one of Morganthirteens wonderful Calico casts (with a few real parts transplanted from my old blaster). Started to build the basic shapes of the shrouds with MDF, here´s a pic in its early stages:

Stay tuned for updates!

Markus

I thought you were going non-prequel in your blaster collection.

That´s -partially- correct :lol

I decided to focus on OT props and not to expand my collection with PT stuff any further.
BUT I just can´t let go my Naboo blaster collection (real LP200, real LP1, real C55, Shawns resin Calico), these are a) too cool and b) have been way too expensive ;)
Besides of these, I only have the MR Jango blasters, EP1 lightsabers, Yodas and Count Dokus saber.

Markus

Nice! I still think of that movie I Come In Peace whenever I see Calico pistols. I still kick myself for not getting the MR Jango blasters...

Ladies and gentlemen

After about three months w/o any kind of progress, I am finally in the situation to show you another -nearly- finished member of my laster family.
The Naboo CR-2 heavy blaster :cool

Based on one of morganthirteens wonderful Calico M950 casts, I decided to redo a blaster, which I had done about a decade ago! While the first incarnation was nice, it was not as accurate AND was missing the scopes. Since the day I purchased Shawns resin Calico(s), I was keen on starting V.2

3 months ago, my desktop looked like this...

And this is how my desktop used to look a few days ago...much better, huh!? ;)

Starting to assemble the parts...

And here it is 95% finished. STill have to adjust the scopes a bit and add the sling (waiting for a few parts to come in).
I chose it to be an amalgation of the MANY different CR2´s in existence. All varying in color, scope configuration, with or w/o sling and even differently shaped scope-mounts.

Many thanks to morganthirteen, sidewinder, westarsmith, kurtyboy and SHAPEWAYS ;)

Oh...and here´s a sneak peek of its brothers. Will post an updated picture, when I added the sling, made a display stand and have it displayed along with the other PT blasters. AND YES...these will be the only PT blasters I make/ own :lol Back to the OT now :cool

Thx for looking!

p.s: Will be selling the remains of my V.1 CR2 in the JY ;)

Markus

And sorry for not being able to update my threads title...no matter what I try, it won´t update (mods already contacted).
Having it still at 01-22-2015 is a bit annoying :(

Markus

I know just one more PT blaster that´s going to join that round up. Someday anyway, that is :p

I know just one more PT blaster that´s going to join that round up. Someday anyway, that is :p

Cpt. Typho??? ;)...well, that depends on you buddy :cool

Simply HAD TO work on the Calico the day before we left to Stuttgart (not Radolfszell, as I told you earlier).
Sitting in a biergarten right now, sipping on a Mass :D

Markus

Last edited:
Re: OdiWan72s blaster family - Naboo CR-2 heavy blaster

Wow, this obviously is another redheaded step-child amongst all StarWars props...over 200 views since I posted the pics and just 1 post. We really seem to hate the PT :lol

Markus :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back