Nuka-Cola (Fallout 3) Bottle replica: Ideas please!

Same thing, except it glows, and the label apparently just says "Quantum". Also, neither label appears to wrap around.

Nuka-Cola_Quantum.jpg

Quantum_comparison.png

(This image just shows the difference between a high end system, and a low end. Crappy computers can't see the glow.)

By the way, there is a Nuka Cola web site.

There are several ways to get the glow. You could use a glow stick, which would last for a bit, but you couldn't drink it. Also Tonic Water glows under ultraviolet light. Or, if it's just gonna sit on your shelf, you could pour in water, and stick a blue LED behind the bottle.

Mr. Fusion cola ;)

2490913833_c12240e698.jpg

2491731522_d0f0f1b762.jpg

2491731376_0552d99de7.jpg

I made this as a energy drink gift set for my brother. Xmas morning, opens the box, fog spills out, glowing bottle.

Printed on a late 90's bubble ink jet on regular printer paper. I'm a noob at best :) The text is readable on the larger pics. http://flickr.com/photos/29489125@N00/

The bottle was a Cola "Blak", a bit smaller than standard cola bottles. If you heat up the peroxide you get a more intense glow but it burns out faster :) And the water and glow stick fluid in the bottle is a lot like a lava lamp and they don't mix.

Just a note, add vaseline to glow stick fluid and you get Predator blood!

That is so Awesome on so many different levels. I especially like the cooler!

So let me get this straight, Doc's time Machine could theoretically run on Predator Blood? Now there's an interesting cross over :lol Is the barcode a referance to "The time to smoke" or "The answer to life, the universe, and everything"? :rolleyes

That is so Awesome on so many different levels. I especially like the cooler!

So let me get this straight, Doc's time Machine could theoretically run on Predator Blood? Now there's an interesting cross over :lol Is the barcode a referance to "The time to smoke" or "The answer to life, the universe, and everything"? :rolleyes

I don't know but we are on limited supply after some A-hole named Quaid knocked out the oxygen on Mars for a few days.

I should have filled the whole bottle, gunna take about 30-40 glow sticks to fill that nuka-cola up. Maybe find a bulk seller ;)

Last edited:
Same thing, except it glows, and the label apparently just says "Quantum". Also, neither label appears to wrap around.

Nuka-Cola_Quantum.jpg

Quantum_comparison.png

(This image just shows the difference between a high end system, and a low end. Crappy computers can't see the glow.)

By the way, there is a Nuka Cola web site.

There are several ways to get the glow. You could use a glow stick, which would last for a bit, but you couldn't drink it. Also Tonic Water glows under ultraviolet light. Or, if it's just gonna sit on your shelf, you could pour in water, and stick a blue LED behind the bottle.

Wow, talk about speedy delivery! I didn't realize the pics on the wiki had such a high resolution!

For pictures and a short little fan video I'm doing I am going to put blue glow stick juice in thems since it would probably have the best glow. As far as being on display on my shelf, I think I will try something with an LED. Maybe I will use vegi-oil instead, since I think the density of the oil would glow better then regular water. But I could be wrong.

If you mix food coloring with Vegetable oil, will it just separate?

Wow, talk about speedy delivery! I didn't realize the pics on the wiki had such a high resolution!

For pictures and a short little fan video I'm doing I am going to put blue glow stick juice in thems since it would probably have the best glow. As far as being on display on my shelf, I think I will try something with an LED. Maybe I will use vegi-oil instead, since I think the density of the oil would glow better then regular water. But I could be wrong.

If you mix food coloring with Vegetable oil, will it just separate?

Pretty sure on that, although I'm also sure there are oil "soluble" dyes, if that is the correct term. Smooth on has resin dyes, that might work..

Very nice work to all of you! Those are some very fun props.

Just my two cents on the awkward shaped Nuka-Cola bottle would be to check out old perfume bottles for something with a similar shape.

Hey guys, I've been working on replicating Quantum logo. I think I got it. This isn't finished product, I just threw some grunge on to get a feel of what it will look like. The colors are so strange, considering the drink is blue! I think I might tone down the green, other than that I like it.

quantumlabelrough.jpg

Comments? Concerns?

Too bad this stuff didn't glow green. If you just plan to display it you could've filled it with antifreeze and set up a black light somewhere nearby.

Perhaps this? :love

1778.jpg

Another option would be a blue Jolly Rancher (Blueberry I think) and your favorite clear drink. Fill the bottle with your choice, and drop in a jolly rancher. Let it sit, and eventually it'll disolve and tint the liquid (I suppose you could try shaking it, but that's tiring). Add more jolly ranchers for stronger taste or deeper color.

For the kiddies, I'd recommend 7-Up, Sprite, or something similar. It'll give it that "Soda" taste and the Jolly Rancher will give it the color.

For the adults, I'd recommend a Vodka, Everclear, or other clear drink.

And for the people who don't drink soda or alcohol, water will do just fine. The Jolly rancher will give it a candy taste, or you could just use a few drops of food coloring.

Quantum Labels finished!

I emptied a few blue glow sticks into the bottle just to see how it look. The pics don't do justice for the color of the glow, it looks a lot better in person.

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

Boy.... Those Quantums go right through ya! :lol

DSC01270.jpg

I wonder if blue highlighter juice will glow as well as the yellow under UV.

Im still surprised that no company has produced something that can glow under black light and is safe to drink. I think we all know how well that would sell. :lol

That blue margarita mix looks perfect for something that would actually be drinkable.

Have you seen Coke under UV? Stuff glows green. And AndrewRP's suggestion on tonic water is the best for UV glow, you can even colour the water (it's the quinine that makes it glow). I think an LED throwie in the cap would do just as well.

For the label, could you print onto T-shirt transfer paper, peel it off and stick it on? It comes on a sort of plastic film and fits in your printer.

you could try to take the label and lay it out flat, then take some clear wide packing tape and put over it as even as posible, and IF there are air bubbles poke them with a pin and try to mash the air out of it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back