Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, amazing job! They look fantastic.

How did you manage to slim the lace ribs so much? By using the ironing method?

Just wanted to share. After 2 months of blood, sweat and tears (literally), I finally finished my V2 mods. :D
Not an easy project at all! Lots of frustration, lots of errors, but the outcome is worth every moment.

Patience is the key word in this entire process. I learned so much from doing this (first time soldering, working with electronics, etc). For those that are starting mods for the first time, I promise you, read EVERY page in this thread and you cannot go wrong.

Big shout out to Cavx (Mark) and (Jedifyfe) Brad, along with the rest of this group, for contributing all your trials and errors, and assisting us noobs in a successful mod.
So happy to have a pair of these now! Just need to do the final touches (sealing with flex glue) and I'm off to give these wear pair their first test run.

Can't wait to work on the next pair ( cavx clear soles and cloneprop buckles are a must). Cheers!

View attachment 580246

Wow, amazing job! They look fantastic.

How did you manage to slim the lace ribs so much? By using the ironing method?

Yup. The first time I just went over it with an iron over and over, but didn't see any change.

Then I remember reading that Brad would actually press the iron on the ribs while his hand was inside the shoe so that there is more pressure. You need to press HARD. Sure enough it flattened the ribs.

Make sure you cover your hand with something so you don't burn yourself like I did the first time. :p

ok, but what is the name of the stuff ? Just "rubber" ? I don't find anything when I look for just "rubber" or "rubber cast" :(

and guys, what the H are you doing with cat litter on tour mags ?!!! :lol (to scratch the soles ?)

You need to look for flexible "polyurethane" or "elastomer" and some companies call it "polyurethane elamstomers". Unless you are prepared to buy a vacuum chamber and pump, this will cause you more upset with fails than you want to imagine. Including the new pump, have spent almost $6000 on this project now. And I am about to have a bigger chamber built and then I will probably have to add a 2nd pump.

Would those lettering work with HC shoes?

Of course. Buy a tube of super glue and you are all good.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Thank you. Yeah I loving the results right now and can't wait until I have the new vacuum chamber up and running.

You need to look for flexible "polyurethane" or "elastomer" and some companies call it "polyurethane elamstomers". Unless you are prepared to buy a vacuum chamber and pump, this will cause you more upset with fails than you want to imagine. Including the new pump, have spent almost $6000 on this project now. And I am about to have a bigger chamber built and then I will probably have to add a 2nd pump.

Of course. Buy a tube of super glue and you are all good.

Thank you. Yeah I loving the results right now and can't wait until I have the new vacuum chamber up and running.

cavx I emailed u again thanks for everything

Thanks cavx, i'll see if I can grab some of these and run some tests. I head about another way to degas that is cheaper than a vacum chamber. I'll tell you if that's good (if I find it and some "poly elasto...";)

I head about another way to degas that is cheaper than a vacum chamber.

I'll save you some time and money. The "high pour" does not work really well. A vacuum is the only way to remove the air bubbles.

Pressure pot casting could be good, though, I am not 100% convinced that is the key because you are not pulling the air out, rather just crushing the air bubbles down. Maybe a pressure pot after the degas process works.

Yup. The first time I just went over it with an iron over and over, but didn't see any change.

Then I remember reading that Brad would actually press the iron on the ribs while his hand was inside the shoe so that there is more pressure. You need to press HARD. Sure enough it flattened the ribs.

Make sure you cover your hand with something so you don't burn yourself like I did the first time. :p

I should try that, I got mine flattened a bit ages ago by stuffing heaps of socks in them and then ironing it but it still didn't become as flat as yours.

Can anyone verify if I these are legit ? I found this on Instagram ready to sell and have been negotiating for an hr and she said she'll

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    790.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image.png
    image.png
    763.7 KB · Views: 101
I was refering to some shaking plate that i saw. That thing was used to remove the air bubbles ;)

Not the stuff I am using. Test the vibrating plate on honey after mixing air into it. If it vibrates all the air out in under 10min, you are all good. I somehow doubt this will happen.

Yeah that sounds like a scam.....and a bad one at that. Why would she not want to send pictures when she already posted them all over her Instagram? Lol makes no sense.

Definitely a scam. C'mon man. Ask yourself, why would ANYONE sell these shoes for less than the going market value. Either they are worn and broken OR it's a scam....THINK McFly....THINK!
Sorry Biff I guess I wasn't thinking right. Guessing she better make like a tree and get out of here!

I posted this video a few days back showing how I was making the letters.

Here is an update on my decals and how I think I will be doing them from now on.

These were de-molded a touch early but are ready now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back