Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my charge ports are done.

8F15E083-FC23-439A-A4B1-BD581EE2399B.jpg

5058FC1B-C48E-477C-A420-0FE35875921E.jpg

Yeah, interesting about the V1s. I never saw any other pairs of those. Glad to see a few pairs of the V2s around.

A quick tip for anyone reglueing the strap.

While the super 77 spray is good, I've found its not very strong and after a while it's prone to coming apart.

It's also messy when spraying and a bugger to get off your hands.

Recently I've been using some contact adhesives like evostik impact and clear contact adhesive.

These are much easier to apply, and super strong when glued.

I tried to peel apart a strap I made a few days back and it's glued perfectly and will not come apart.

No need for super 77 now, just get a contact adhesive, put the glue onto both sides of the strap, wait until slightly dry and then stick together.

I wish I'd done this earlier as you get a ten times better result that is cleaner and superior.

Last edited:
Has anyone had much success making the top part of the uppers more stiff, like the RD's?
I notice that the 'wings' always spread out a lot when pushed down by jeans.

Has anyone had much success making the top part of the uppers more stiff, like the RD's?

You'd have to make up the part in some form of heat formable plastic first, then unpick the white cuff from the inside, insert the plastic and then reattach. It might make the shoes uncomfortable to wear given you have now restricted the flex in the collar.

You'd have to make up the part in some form of heat formable plastic first, then unpick the white cuff from the inside, insert the plastic and then reattach. It might make the shoes uncomfortable to wear given you have now restricted the flex in the collar.

You can't do anything with the knockoffs as there isn't enough grey fabric on the upper half.
The actual grey fabric is stitched directly to the white puffy leather, and even if you unstitch it and insert some stiff foam in there, there is not enough grey fabric to stretch over and around it.

I already tried it with a scrap pair of uppers I had, you can barely stretch it enough to cover some thin foam.

Its pointless anyway, given that the shoes have other flaws which are far more visible compared with the 2011 and Movie version, there is no point fixing one thing,
if there are countless other things which need to be done.

eg

Back of grey soles is too high
Front of grey soles is too low
Uppers shape incorrect + wrong triangle shape cutout and visible stitching
Bulging Lace Ribs
Clear Soles not staggering outwards

The floppy look of the uppers is actually pretty close to the movie version, that's how they are in the movie, soft fabric. The only difference is that the movie version has a thick piece of foam in the grey top half compared with the knockoffs which is just a paper thin piece.

When I suggested un-picking the cuff, I was referring the to white part and undoing that inner seam only. This is how Jedifyfe puts the switch in his cuffs. The plastic would need to be thin like 1mm and possibly heat formed first. It would be a solution but maybe not the best one.

Has anyone tried to starch the uppers? Like with the steam toe mod, you would not want to place the iron directly on the fabric.

- - - Updated - - -

Back of grey soles is too high
Front of grey soles is too low
Uppers shape incorrect + wrong triangle shape cutout and visible stitching
Bulging Lace Ribs
Clear Soles not staggering outwards

Add to that SWOOSH is to big.
Laces too wide
Cuff to thick.

So the clear sole molds begin...

10514751_10152524176153841_1538390657952944772_n.jpg

I am starting with the front of the left shoe. Here it ready for the first half of the mold to be poured.

10494706_10152525758033841_3399416683717404420_n.jpg

And the Pinkysil mixed and poured.

10351899_10152525755753841_1921845485927016942_n.jpg

And ready for the top layer.

10441185_10152525852698841_2406360039145722570_n.jpg

This setting up as I type this.

And check this out.

10487602_10152525763188841_7906132456985405105_n.jpg

My youngest boy found this in the garden. This is left over from the clear sole project I did about two years back. This glob of rubber has been sitting in the garden and exposed to the elements all that time and notice it is NOT yellow. Here is hoping the new clear soles last much longer when worn and stored under normal conditions.

Last edited:
And check this out.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd....2_10152525763188841_7906132456985405105_n.jpg

My youngest boy found this in the garden. This is left over from the clear sole project I did about two years back. This glob of rubber has been sitting in the garden and exposed to the elements all that time and notice it is NOT yellow. Here is hoping the new clear soles last much longer when worn and stored under normal conditions.

Wow, very impressive that that stuff didn't turn at all! Would be nice if the damn rep factories would use something like that to begin with.

It is expensive and why they are not using it. 1 KG of material costs more than a pair of shoes and if all goes well, I should get 4 pair of soles. That said, this is the first time I have done proper molds and casting, so I could be just throwing money away like I did on 1st clear sole project. Back then, I didn't have the knowledge or the tools I have now.

cool the clear sole rubber held up well. Pity you can't buy clear pyramid rubber in sheets like the black one. I'd have loved to replace the soles on my V1's with a clear pyramid mat. I used a red rubber hot water bottle for the rubber to replace the worn down yellow rubber and the pattern on it makes them feel strange to walk in, lol.
If your project is a success you might be able to turn a profit selling clear soles, if the pinkysil will hold up to multiple castings of your clear rubber material ;)

At this stage, I don't care if the project is not profitable. I just don't want to lose money doing it. To break even is perfect at this time.

Hey all! This is my first time posting on this site in about three years where i first signed up to learn about the markpoon mags. Well the time has come and i've finally got a pair of mags to convert. So i bought a pair of mags off of a guy on youtube (He commented on jedifyfes video looking to sell them) where he had started the conversion but had messed a few things up so he was looking to sell them. I got a pretty good deal on them even though its gonna take alot of work to make them look good. He also threw in most of the switches, 3 el panels, the leds already soldered to the board, and a ton of other things needed. He claimed to have over $400 in them and I paid around $150 for everything so i couldn't pass it up. I just plan on taking my time and trying to make these look good. He's already done the toe mod (which he obviously messed up some on one shoe), he painte
the midsole grey, and it also seems he dyed the sole blue which looks pretty great in person.
IMG_4093.jpgIMG_4095.jpgIMG_4096.jpgIMG_4099.jpgIMG_4101.jpg

Yeah they are pretty rough right now but it will be a good pair for me to learn on and also wear alot when im done.
As for the rip, im not sure right now. They guy ripped it before he fixed the toe and glued it back because it doesn't go back even and no matter what I do there's going to be a crease somewhere. So im gonna do some cutting and glueing and see where it goes hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back