Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do a series (connecting the negative leg to the next positive) or a parallel (positive to positive) set up?

There were kits for amplifiers (back in the 80's) that had a run of LEDs in series that lit more as you turned up the volume - IE it took more power to light the whole board.

Yes i agree, it would explain why the power drops as it goes down the LED bands. I have ordered the right ones...from hong kong!...gonna take ages.
Hate it when that happens, you press buy it now, process your order..THEN you realise its from china or Japan. fail.
Still, hope this resolves my problem. Thanks guys :D

If you know the voltage drop of your LEDs, you can get your resistors from ebay from the UK.

I normally use LEDs which have a voltage drop of 2v and get the resistors from ebay UK, no need to go to hong kong.

Did you do a series (connecting the negative leg to the next positive) or a parallel (positive to positive) set up?

There were kits for amplifiers (back in the 80's) that had a run of LEDs in series that lit more as you turned up the volume - IE it took more power to light the whole board.

If you know the voltage drop of your LEDs, you can get your resistors from ebay from the UK.

I normally use LEDs which have a voltage drop of 2v and get the resistors from ebay UK, no need to go to hong kong.

Yeah I wired in a series. Think I just have the wrong resistors. the ones I have are 390ohms...I need 10ohms. Well out. Shame is I had already finished the order for the resistors before I noticed they were located in Hong Kong. Just have to wait for them to turn up.
Don't know the voltage drop on LED's, information didn't come with them. I could ask the guy who sent me them but it was him who sent me totally the wrong resistors, and I even ran him through what I was using them for and described the whole layout. So what ever info he's going give me I can safely say its not going to be that credible. I do have a back-up stash of 12v LED's at home, so if the resistors still don't work I can remove them from the circuit all together.

Yeah I wired in a series. Think I just have the wrong resistors. the ones I have are 390ohms...I need 10ohms. Well out. Shame is I had already finished the order for the resistors before I noticed they were located in Hong Kong. Just have to wait for them to turn up.
Don't know the voltage drop on LED's, information didn't come with them. I could ask the guy who sent me them but it was him who sent me totally the wrong resistors, and I even ran him through what I was using them for and described the whole layout. So what ever info he's going give me I can safely say its not going to be that credible. I do have a back-up stash of 12v LED's at home, so if the resistors still don't work I can remove them from the circuit all together.

Depending on the voltage drop of the LEDs you get, the type of resistor will be different. You gave to calculate and get the specific resistors for whichever LEDs you have.

As everyone isn't getting the same exact LEDs the resistors will be different.

- - - Updated - - -

There are quite a few sellers on eBay who sell cheap resistors. Just email them and tell them the exact ones you need.

Ok so I just saw a TUT on YouTube on how to find the voltage drop on an LED. First on the list when I get home :)

Depending on the voltage drop of the LEDs you get, the type of resistor will be different. You gave to calculate and get the specific resistors for whichever LEDs you have.

As everyone isn't getting the same exact LEDs the resistors will be different.

- - - Updated - - -

There are quite a few sellers on eBay who sell cheap resistors. Just email them and tell them the exact ones you need.

--Quick update--

Finally after one and half months of waiting for my second pair of MAGS, they arrived!

The box looks like its been stepped on by an elephant but the shoes are fine. Shame about the box though, I'm gonna have throw it out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

--Quick update--

Finally after one and half months of waiting for my second pair of MAGS, they arrived!

The box looks like its been stepped on by an elephant but the shoes are fine. Shame about the box though, I'm gonna have throw it out.

Good to hear they finally arrived. Interesting you say about the box being stepped on because the box of the pair I got tonight has also been stepped on. The footprint is a large sports shoe print, not an elephant.

MAGs MAGs MAGs

US8 (left), US9.5 (centre) and US13 (right)
10308241_10152428523588841_154768563205214403_n.jpg

Good to hear they finally arrived. Interesting you say about the box being stepped on because the box of the pair I got tonight has also been stepped on. The footprint is a large sports shoe print, not an elephant.

The outer packaging was actually okay but the box inside was just a wreck. I'm pretty sure this is how the box was prior to shipping them out.

Looks like this is a perfect excuse for a BTTF Nike Footwear bag!

Looks like this is a perfect excuse for a BTTF Nike Footwear bag!
And it is not too far away either. Hopefully in the next week, I will knock one out of coreflute and pending how well that works out, get a few done in black ABS.

ok so, I' have figured out the forward voltages and currents for each colour LED.
RED - FV 1.95v, 5.6ma
GREEN - FV 2.65, 5ma
YELLOW - FV 1.95, 5.6ma

I have done an online resistor calculator, for the red and yellow its saying use a 120ohm and for the green a 100ohm.

My question, now I know what resistors to get, is...Is it cool to mix resistors up on the same board?

Sorry if this is simple electronics guys, but with this sort of stuff I'm firing blanks, in the dark, at a black owl lols

It should be fine to mix resistors since the flow only goes one way through each line of LED's.

On another note. Since these batteries are really good for the power they give over 4-5 hours but they are fragile and can easily break contact inside the battery case, I removed the battery from inside the casing. After that I made sure all the connections were secure and then encased them in hot glue. This will keep the batteries intact and not fail along with reducing the size of the battery:

E10E7533-841B-4257-8632-32A94409144C.jpg

(Response to CavX - sorry, forgot to 'quote') Nice. The 13's for someone else I'm guessing? Even yours (9.5's) haven't gone as yellow on the midsole as mine though.

(Response to CavX - sorry, forgot to 'quote') Nice. The 13's for someone else I'm guessing? Even yours (9.5's) haven't gone as yellow on the midsole as mine though.

Yes the US13s are not mine. I have agreed to make some basic mods to them in exchange for using the parts for creating a master in larger sizes. So I will have small, medium and large for my new clear soles project. The scaling of these shoes is interesting because the US9.5 seems to be about 10% larger than the US8s and the US13 seems to be 10% larger than US9.5s.

It should be fine to mix resistors since the flow only goes one way through each line of LED's.

On another note. Since these batteries are really good for the power they give over 4-5 hours but they are fragile and can easily break contact inside the battery case, I removed the battery from inside the casing. After that I made sure all the connections were secure and then encased them in hot glue. This will keep the batteries intact and not fail along with reducing the size of the battery:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/jedifyfe/E10E7533-841B-4257-8632-32A94409144C.jpg

Dammmmnnn!!! Did the LiteLongs fail on you too just like the BluBaby's?

Jedifyfe, could I get you to post the length (or a photo) of your display against your wear pair (sole against sole) please?
I am just curious to know by how much (if any) the US10s are larger than the US9.5s.

Jedifyfe, could I get you to post the length (or a photo) of your display against your wear pair (sole against sole) please?
I am just curious to know by how much (if any) the US10s are larger than the US9.5s.

If Jedifyfe doesnt get back to you let me know dude as mine are 9.5 and 10.

The bottom pair are an unmodified US size 10 vs my modified US 9.5's on the top.

Although there is not a great deal of difference in look there is a huge difference on how they feel on your feet.
uploadfromtaptalk1400767362616.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back