Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

Hi! This is my first post, i have been lurking for a few weeks. I just received my pair from Karin as suggested by other members, it took less than a week from china to pa, usa. Just wanted to let you all know how appreciative i am of all the investigating you all are doing (Taff83 especially) to get the strap mod working in a cool way. If you do decide to make these, i am definitely interested (especially if using the cloneprops ankle buckle).

Thanks for the info and help from everyone. Mine arrived this morning from Karin. Man, they're better than I expected. Love 'em ! Also looking fwd to a modded strap. Again, thanks!

wanted to post on your thread,

I've got a few more questions, do you think that (ebay.uk) plug and the battery will fit in the buckle? I see you jumping the v2 wire, is the plan for the v2 to ultimately run the entire shoe off of the new set up, or jump their plug and use their power source? what options are we looking at? Also, will you run one wire that splits and charges both shoes at once, and will you stick with usb?

I know its a lot, thanx in advance.

The end goal is to have one battery and one switch, at this point in time I can't make it possible due to a severe lack of knowledge, I work in the oil industry and I really don't know much about electrics and all this stuff just the basics, but in time I have high hopes this will be solved, no doubt when someone with more experience gets there hands on them. I have soldered up the buckle to the v2 switch but I just can't get the el panel to turn off only to turn on, personally I think the switch on the inverter is to blame but I am not sure at present.

Hi! This is my first post, i have been lurking for a few weeks. I just received my pair from Karin as suggested by other members, it took less than a week from china to pa, usa. Just wanted to let you all know how appreciative i am of all the investigating you all are doing (Taff83 especially) to get the strap mod working in a cool way. If you do decide to make these, i am definitely interested (especially if using the cloneprops ankle buckle).

Thanks glad you are finding my thread useful and gratz on getting your pair from Karin :)

Below is a wiring diagram showing my ankle buckles at the moment but please note they are not connected to v2 switch.. yet anyway :)

Oh I used "Sugru" to stick the battery/inverter and dc ports to the inside of the buckle, it's amazing stuff I highly recommend it!

The end goal is to have one battery and one switch, at this point in time I can't make it possible due to a severe lack of knowledge, I work in the oil industry and I really don't know much about electrics and all this stuff just the basics, but in time I have high hopes this will be solved, no doubt when someone with more experience gets there hands on them. I have soldered up the buckle to the v2 switch but I just can't get the el panel to turn off only to turn on, personally I think the switch on the inverter is to blame but I am not sure at present.

Thanks glad you are finding my thread useful and gratz on getting your pair from Karin :)

Below is a wiring diagram showing my ankle buckles at the moment but please note they are not connected to v2 switch.. yet anyway :)

Oh I used "Sugru" to stick the battery/inverter and dc ports to the inside of the buckle, it's amazing stuff I highly recommend it!

Your diagram is good, but you need to put a diode on plug charger,if you dont put that, would be problematic in "some situations".repeat again that:Is not obligatory the diode for be totally functional!!!but is better in my opinion.for my first tests I cant use the diode,but the objetive is to add to my final configuration.

Last edited:

I have 3.6v diodes but I don't have the dc charger port wired up yet due to the ones I have being to big. Your right though a diode should be installed for safety.

I've never had to solder one before but I'm right in thinking it just runs through the positive wire from charger to battery? As that's what I have planned, let me know if that's wrong before my buckles blow up :p

I have 3.6v diodes but I don't have the dc charger port wired up yet due to the ones I have being to big. Your right though a diode should be installed for safety.

I've never had to solder one before but I'm right in thinking it just runs through the positive wire from charger to battery? As that's what I have planned, let me know if that's wrong before my buckles blow up :p

Your buckle never blows up for that!! If you fail soldering a diode(diode only works in one direction/position) you notice the fail,because your battery cant be charged(I assume that you are putting the diode in plug charger,isnt it?).one good solution is to test the position with simple LED and battery.test the position diode; if the LED doesnt turn on,you have on "wrong position diode mode".
PD: you have updated photos of ankle buckle with primer??can you post in my "cloneprops ankle buckle v2" thread these photos????Thaaanks :)

it would look something like this but after getting some professional advice this morning from a qualified electrical engineer at work, he told me he has done similar setups in the past and never used a diode when connecting charger ports to batteries so long as you can control the voltage going to the battery from the wall socket, as i have a adjustable dc plug charger this is safe, apparently..

I will do a test strap with and without a diode and decide from there i think, as you basically said Cloneprops, its best to be safe than sorry.

A diode prevents electrical current traveling backwards, but is not to be considered or treated like a fuse for overload. That has to be fitted externally or as a part of the charger/source device.

While I await the dc chargers i thought it was about time to get messy ;)

So the LEDs is in fact just one strip that runs along the midsole, I will blacken it out. They have defused the led strip with a rubber that fits inside the half moon shapes but its stuck to the rubber sole, hair dryer and pulling it off will do the trick just like I did to get the rubber away from the midsole, no xacto knife used.

I hope to edit this post later with more pics of my progress with regards to installing the el panel.

While I await the dc chargers i thought it was about time to get messy ;)

So the LEDs is in fact just one strip that runs along the midsole, I will blacken it out. They have defused the led strip with a rubber that fits inside the half moon shapes but its stuck to the rubber sole, hair dryer and pulling it off will do the trick just like I did to get the rubber away from the midsole, no xacto knife used.

I hope to edit this post later with more pics of my progress with regards to installing the el panel.

thanks Taff!! Great work! I may want to cut mine up soon! lol

So that is exactly how I thought they were put together. It's a perfect place to hide the inverter... :love

Ye you could get a 3v inverter in there but there is a thick layer of foam under the insole, I think it's to protect the battery, could be cut into easy though :)

Well here is where I am at now, taped up the leds so no light shines through them, removed those defusers and measured gap between half moons, then applied defusers and gap dims to el panel, used double sided sticky tape to keep it in place then used a sharpie to mark it up ontop of the protective plastic film, then cut the shape out and removed protective plastic film. I will block out the el in the middle gap and at terminations but hope this makes more people see the potential these have.

Ignore the strap being on wrong shoe I'm currently working on the left one.

Last edited:

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!!!

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!!!

Glad you like the look of them mate, they are really starting to take shape I think!

Just talking to Karin Chen at aliexpress just now showing her pics to send to the factory to give them suggestions before its too late.. She said "wow I would sell a lot of those shoes" haha I hope the factory thinks the same and they take action :)

Glad you like the look of them mate, they are really starting to take shape I think!

Just talking to Karin Chen at aliexpress just now showing her pics to send to the factory to give them suggestions before its too late.. She said "wow I would sell a lot of those shoes" haha I hope the factory thinks the same and they take action :)

Are you going to tackle the toe slim? That seems to the biggest issue I see.

Yes, but lastly as its the most daunting task I think.

I had three pairs of knockoff mags and tried the toe slimming but tbh It wasn't leaving a "factory finish" this material though is different and I think more giving than the kmag crap.

For a laugh I did the below to see how it would look, I won't do it this way as it doesn't leave it looking sleek but I guess a taste to what they could look like.

Ye you could get a 3v inverter in there but there is a thick layer of foam under the insole, I think it's to protect the battery, could be cut into easy though :)

Well here is where I am at now, taped up the leds so no light shines through them, removed those defusers and measured gap between half moons, then applied defusers and gap dims to el panel, used double sided sticky tape to keep it in place then used a sharpie to mark it up ontop of the protective plastic film, then cut the shape out and removed protective plastic film. I will block out the el in the middle gap and at terminations but hope this makes more people see the potential these have.

Ignore the strap being on wrong shoe I'm currently working on the left one.

My my! This is getting very interesting all of a sudden! That looks great Taff.

I tried to quote this image here but it would only do it a full resolution (which was HUGE)
http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f9/nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-builds-s9nhg.jpg-135957d1357779530

I was just wondering if you found some proper colored turquoise or aqua EL? Most people end up using blue, which is all I could find a couple years ago when modding my Mark Poons. But in your picture the color looks spot on.

Looking forward to seeing your progress, and of course Jedifyfe's too. I've been holding out for some V2.5's or V3's or whatever the next batch is for some better or more complete electronics, but it's great to see someone finally give these V2's the proper treatment.

Thanks! For the el panel this is the colour I use(below), sorry my mobile phone camera doesn't clearly show this very well in the photos but trust me I don't use blue :)

Very excited Fyfe is now on the v2's, things are away to progress 10 fold :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back