New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

I might be collaborating with a friend and doing a small run of barrels but I have to wait to see one in person to get the dimensions etc...I'll keep you posted Sean...

Thanks! I know that the barrel itself is 4½ inches long so its just really a mounting question... probably pull it off like the hollow aluminum barrels Rich made for me?! I'm dying to get my kit!!!

On the last kit's the. guy's had too cut the barrel's off. and there was a metal Insert that was In the way too. I'm sure you have probably seen that tho...

Yeah, the metal insert is the only way I can think of to get the barrel on without screwing up the frame of the Bulldog...however, I was going to try to machine that part at the end of my barrels where they insert into the frame. Which is why I need to have the kit in hand first! We will see what I can do when my kit arrives!

Not sure...I have heard they are very quick to build since there's only finish work to do so it will be put together fast but probably not blued very quickly...I'm looking into some other techniques to do the finish work...still blued but I want it to come out looking really good... so I'm just reading up on techniques and different ways to do it.

Cool. weird stuff that bluing. I blued two triggers made of the same metal at the same time and they did not blue equally..

It is very tricky to get it all even...that's why I am studying up on it...this one I want to be my number two piece behind my Coyle...

I think the new blasters are inch not metric and the holes have prob been changed slightly so existing tooling and dims may not work.
If these new ones need to be CNCd and you guys can't or don't want to do them, DEC can. The steel barrels for the ANH kits he made blued up great.
I have a kit on order too.
When oh when....

ps;
Clean. sand/scuff. Clean again. Heat/warm. Apply bluing. Rinse. Dry. Warm. Apply. Rinse. Dry. Warm apply. Rinse. Dry. Seal with oil, wax or clear coat.

Has anyone got any experience with one of these kits? Do they require tapping, drilling etc? Or are they just straight up, insert screw here and assemble?
And is there a place where you can buy these kits? Or is it all sold out?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back