New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

So where does this leave those who want to blue, or Parkerizing the retail "built" version? Or could it be just the light in the picture?

Considering the Tomenosuke quest for accuracy, I'd be very surprised if the gun were Parkerized. That said, I would think you could disassemble the gun, strip the receiver, and blue it however you like.

I got these two boxes on top a few days ago. Just the boxes and their inserts. The blaster aren't ready for shipping just yet ;)

10459044_10152566246227445_9138209020123451826_o (1).jpg

Re: New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

Thanks so much for the pics! :D Now I finally see what I'm getting for $900. lol

I'm definitely disappointed in the receiver not being blued, but it is still a fine looking weapon/prop. I'm just ready to get mine in hand so I can feel the action of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomenosuke just posted new pics of the gun as well. Check it out here http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/20033857/

Very nice.
The receiver close up does look a bit rough in this example but since it is a sample it may not be final.
Sharp looking piece.

I don´t like the gray finish of the new run...it looks like a matt painted toygun.It has nothing from the cool "used-look" of the originalgun or from most of the great kits that the guys built here on the board.:(

I have a feeling that is the final look. They are supposed to be shipping soon, so I don't imagine there will be time to do them differently.

Yes...the new pics are great...but the look is the same toylike gray.So I would say its final.
But its could be possible that you can wash the color away and blue it?:unsure

It's also available in a kit version, perhaps that will be in bare metal? I do not know but it's possible.

The big headline with the Retailer edition is the fact that the shape of various parts has been accurized. I don't know anything about how they chose the finish.

k

That doesn't look bad actually. I actually like it. I hope this is how it will appear. I was worried it would look bright and silver.

Bluing can be a bit of a PITA so they may have just given this prototype a quick finish and the final ones will all get blued in one batch. Some metal finishers charge a flat rate for a batch whether 1 part or 10. I know the chromers here charge $80 a batch and the batch is how big there tank is. IF you can fit 1 part its $80, if you can fit 20 parts in the same tank it's stlll $80. Heres hoping. I would rather they be blued also instead of this parkerized look.

It's also available in a kit version, perhaps that will be in bare metal? I do not know but it's possible.

The big headline with the Retailer edition is the fact that the shape of various parts has been accurized. I don't know anything about how they chose the finish.

k

Really?Did they sayed that a new run of kits is comming?

Kits yes but they might not be available outside Japan, I don't know. I am in the US and our distributor, HGC, is not getting the kits. I have no idea about Germany.

You might want to check over at Propsummit.com as well, there is a thriving Blade Runner community over there.

Karl

When these were announced they announced both kit and assembled models. Mune asked those ordering to specify which one you wanted and mentioned nothing of a restriction on shipping at that time. Both are sold out of course so if you didn't reserve a kit I don't know how much luck you'll have getting one direct.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back