New Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy Book by the creator of the RPF!

Re: New Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilog Book by the creator of the RPF!

I'm another one hoping for good A-Wing and B-Wing helmet photos - especially showing the greeblies. Pre-ordered too based on the info that there will be new photos. :)

Any chance that the Cloud Car Pilot costume/helmet is in there?

There are some new photos of the Vader reveal helmet, including an in-progress shot of the facemask showing alternate greeblies that were considered.

Brandon

Great news..an in-progress shot of the ROTJ Reveal?And is there the real gray color in the book?

I ask that because I´m building a Reveal helmet now...so the book could bring new informations about the prop that I don´t have.:eek:)

It looks like that in germany the book is comming earlyer...on the 14.october!...here a exclusive look inside the book:

http://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2014...stumes-die-kostueme-der-klassischen-trilogie/

Last edited:

Great news..an in-progress shot of the ROTJ Reveal?And is there the real gray color in the book?

I ask that because I´m building a Reveal helmet now...so the book could bring new informations about the prop that I don´t have.:eek:)

It looks like that in germany the book is comming earlyer...on the 14.october!...here a exclusive look inside the book:

http://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2014...stumes-die-kostueme-der-klassischen-trilogie/

By those pics this is looking fantastic.Love the page with the X-wing helmets.You lucky Germans get it first too.:)

Ben

Thank you very much for this information: the book seems to be fantastic!
Preordered: available in Italy at the beginning of November.

By those pics this is looking fantastic.Love the page with the X-wing helmets.You lucky Germans get it first too.:)

Ben

Yes...the X-Winghelmet pics are awesome.I think the quality of the pics will be the same like the pics of the propstore site.And this pics are always very good.:)

And about the german release:Yeah..that are very good news.Pre-ordered my copy yesterday!:D:thumbsup

I can't wait for this book. Most of those costumes have been in bad need of being re-photographed.

it would be great to see a Lucasfilm Archives book Vol. 2. Only, in-depth!

Yes there is an in-progress shot of the ROJ reveal. There are no photos of the ROTS reveal helmet - the book covers costumes of the original trilogy only.

I'm not sure what you mean about "gray color".

re: Cloud Car pilot - that never existed as a costume, only as a model miniature.

All of the photography for the book was done by noted art photographer Joe McDonald -- it's fantastic.

Brandon

Yes there is an in-progress shot of the ROJ reveal. There are no photos of the ROTS reveal helmet - the book covers costumes of the original trilogy only.

I'm not sure what you mean about "gray color".

re: Cloud Car pilot - that never existed as a costume, only as a model miniature.

All of the photography for the book was done by noted art photographer Joe McDonald -- it's fantastic.

Brandon

Ah yes...sorry..I removed the ROTS question...its only a original trilogy book(and that is so good!haha)!

I´m talking about this gunmetal/gray color..:

19607147bl.jpg

The problem with the most pics of this and other masks is the flash on the SW expo-pics.So you cannot see the real color because everything is forged about the flash!Like on this pic I posted here...the mask looks extreme bright silver from the flash.

Last edited:

I received my review copy from the publishers last week and am hoping to get a review up as soon as they allow.

Can confirm its an absolutely awesome book - well done Brandon!

Cheers

Jez

I received my review copy from the publishers last week and am hoping to get a review up as soon as they allow.

Can confirm its an absolutely awesome book - well done Brandon!

Cheers

Jez
Any confirmation that the book has quality pictures of the B-wing pilot helmets (maybe even both styles of it?) and of the B-wing pilot costume itself? Maybe even the front and back? :p

Yes the ROTJ Rebel helmets and Costumes are covered really well. There are some great shots of a number of different B Wing helmets, plus some behind the scenes shots from 1982 including a photo of the wood buck used for the mouilds.

i spent 3 hours on the train yesterday going through it. I nearly missed my stop. For a helmets/costume fan it really is a no-brainer to buy.

Cheers

Jez

Well, I'm definitely looking forward to it. The next version of my B-wing pilot costume is counting on it. Heh. :p

I have casts of the B-wing pilot helmets from the movie molds but the greeblies are tripping me up. I'm dying to see some decent pictures of them. I also have one of the accurate flak vest greeblies but the other two I haven't seen a clear enough picture to tell exactly what they are. So it's definitely going to be interesting to see the book.

Any focus on Obi-Wan and Luke's costumes? I really would love to learn more about their construction or at the least get some really detailed reference photos. I've been looking forward to this release ever since I heard about it earlier this year. I've had it pre-ordered since then. Can't wait to get my copy!

Any pics of 4LOM? I know the droids were obviously worn, but not sure if they would fall into the category of "costume". I'm painting up a head now and can't find good pics that show detail colours (the Chronicles shows the central "cog" detail as the same colour as the rest of the head, but all of the stills make it look silver - though could be bright lighting - and all of the toys have it silver).

So freaking stoked about this book. Just less than a month until it's release. The wait is gonna suck.

My money is ready for it

still 2 weeks and it´s mine!:D:thumbsup

Looking forward to the first review. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back