New Prop room / Office Pics (PIC HEAVY!!)

Great stuff! Nice set up. Not too crowded and not too 'in yer face'. Once i get a place of my own...thats the sort of displays i want...but all round the house not just in one room.

Glad the stand worked out ok.

Lewis

To create the border, i simply blew up and printed the script out on a few a4 sheets of paper, 4 in total. I then carefully cut the text out, leaving the a4 sheets with the script outline. Taped the script together in two sections, and held on the wall whilst i stencilled round the script. I then used a bronze / gold paint to fill in the penciled text on the wall. It worked out really well. As the text was in the middle of the a4 sheets, the top of the sheets was held against the ceiling to give me a straight line. Although time consuming, it wasn't a difficult task.

It does indeed sound time-consuming, but also like something that even I, with my very rudimentary skills, could possibly pull off. I don't know that I could get it to come out as nice as yours, but I'd have fun trying. :cool Thanks for posting all of the info.

I'll post pictures of my original stencil later tonight, so you get the idea, of how i done it.

That would be great! :) I look forward to seeing the pics, although the last thing I need is yet another project to tackle. :lol

Whoops. I just PMed you asking how you did the paint job before reading below... :$ Great room!

To create the border, i simply blew up and printed the script out on a few a4 sheets of paper, 4 in total. I then carefully cut the text out, leaving the a4 sheets with the script outline. Taped the script together in two sections, and held on the wall whilst i stencilled round the script. I then used a bronze / gold paint to fill in the penciled text on the wall. It worked out really well. As the text was in the middle of the a4 sheets, the top of the sheets was held against the ceiling to give me a straight line. Although time consuming, it wasn't a difficult task.

Ok, as promised here are some pics of the stencil & Border up close

BOrder.jpg

BOrder1.jpg

BOrder2.jpg

BOrder3.jpg

Border4.jpg

Also, to create a nice backing finish, within the bookcase's, i used Picture frame mounting board, bought from the local hobbycraft store. Cut the boards to size and glued them inside the bookcase. The boards are great, loads of colours to choose from, easy to work with, and like i have done with the i-Robot logo, easy to cut into the top coloured paper layer and remove to reveal the white paper underneath. I feel it gives a very professional display. The boards are really inexpensive as well.

Backing1.jpg

Backing2.jpg

P.S i've not finished the backing as yet, ran out of board, need to go buy some more!!!

Pretty well organized, it seems its a small room and I got to tell you, you got the best of you, excelent collection and way to display it, love the LTR borders, congrats!

Gus

Beautiful work... great displays.

I love the boards inside the wood finish cabinets. It works very well together and really lets the props "pop".

best,
Tom

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great comments, and hope you all enjoyed this thread.

I think there should be more threads like this, so come on guys lets see some displays and rooms!!!

Hey mate care to share the print file for the script? I'd like to give it a try in my cinema room but with a glow in the dark paint;)

Love what you have done. A little effort goes a long way....magic.

The only thing I personally don't like is having the DVD's in open view. I hide mine away. But hey...that's just personal taste. I LOVE it:) Well done:)

Regards
TAZ

Hey Taz,

No Probs, i will post tonight after work.

I think in all honesty i simply typed in LOTR script into google images, and found it that way.

Here's the BMP for the LOTR Script. It may be easier if i emailed the file to whoever would like it, should it not work by copying the pic from here.

Let me know your email if you want the file.

Thanks

Gordy

lotr.jpg

Got a couple of new aquisitions,

First off....Sideshow Robocop Premium Format Statue

Robocop.jpg

Robocop2.jpg

Robocop1.jpg

And, Screen used Judges Ammo Pouch from Judge Dredd

JDAmmoPouch.jpg

Cheers

Gordy

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back