re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi all! I'm a beginner in the prop building hobby, but I've been lurking around here for awhile trying to learn much more. My main fandoms are anything Bioware (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KotOR, Jade Empire, etc), Firefly and Assassins Creed.

Currently I'm working on the Staff of Parthalan from Dragon Age 2, and the Onxy helmet from Mass Effect 1. I'm hoping that reading all of your wonderful progress reports will make me finish these projects (and somehow free up some of my time to work on them). You guys are a great inspiration and I'm happy to be here.

Kim

So yeah. I'm amateur prop builder. And just like every one else iv been more or less reading the forum and decided to jump in. I've built a ASHPD, a Fallout Laser rifle, Pipboy, NukaColas. Glad to be a part of the forum.

Been reading for a few months, new at prop making. The stuff on here is absolutely incredible. Great job everyone!

Hi RPF community...
my name's Daniel and i'm from good old germany. I've only heard good things of this forum ;-) ...i've resolved to look in here ^^
My hobbys are Star Wars, prop building of such costumes( especially the stormtrooper, i like this character so much ;-) ), music(...Linkin Park...), movies, sport, my family and chilling :p
In professional i'm a car painter.
So far as of me.....
Cheers....
Dan

Last edited:

Hey everyone, I'm Jim from the UK and I am currently working on my first prop build which is some medieval swords. Searching for information bought me to this forum which seemed a great place, so I joined :thumbsup

hello everyone
my name is charles i stumbled onto this site while looking at the 25 dollar ironman build, i was amazed at this persons work and kindness. I have always been interested in making prop costumes and weapons. I was wondering if anyone could help with my idea of making a warmachine costume and think i might get answers to questions that i have by being able to tapp into the minds of what looks like some amazing talent and skill. I tried to open the page to get the templates of the armour and found a "not valid page" screen.Any help with this would be much appreciated, thanks in advance .

Hello everyone. I'm Usiel and I'm new to the site, as well as to Prop building. I hope I can learn a lot and perhaps even show something as well. I started getting into Prop making quite some time ago when I noticed there was a lack of realistic props, or noticed how expensive certain replicas were. I thought maybe it would be cooler to try and make something better than what can be sold.

Well as they say a 1,000 mile journey starts with a single step.

Hello there!

My name is Jackie, I'm an illustrator and graphic designer with a tenuous grasp on how the 3rd dimension works :D I look forward to participating and getting my sculpting and sewing chops up!

Hello, my name is Andrew. I am introducing myself. I love GI Joe and Voltron. And lots of other things. A friend suggested this site, because i have been doing some movie scene models, and prop builds. So far I mlove this place, some amazing and great stuff, far better than what i have, but something i would like to aspire to.

hi, Im a new guy from spain , Im a good 3dsmax modeler .. I have started to model a robocop pepakura armor !

Hi all,

I'm Craig and I've been looking over the excellent props and replicas made by the community here. Hoping to both contribute in the future and get some help as well :)

Currently a cleared costumer with the 501st UK Garrison and attempting to create a screen accurate ROTS Obi-Wan for clearance there.

I'll post elsewhere about that though :D

Thanks

~~Joined back in November 2010 but don't think I've introduced myself here~~

Hi, I'm Scott. I was a huge model maker as a kid. Total child of the 80's and wanted to make movies so bad when I grew up. I now do special effects for film, and working at my childhood dream studio at the moment. Now that I can afford it, I've started a prop/costume collection for my home theater or office.

Currently working on a full size Indy.
Rocketeer is next.

I love anything from Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or Superman. Nice to meet you all!

Hey there guys,

Short-time lurker finally decided to step up and make an account. I'm sort of a novice when it comes to prop building, but I'm pretty decent at costuming, so it balances out. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Evil Dead and Ninja Turtles are my favorites from when I was a kid, and I've been doing those for this hobby now. Sofar I've done:

Evil Dead:
Ash costume
Shotgun
harness/holster
Chainsaw
Metal Hand

Ghostbusters:
Jumpsuit
Proton Pack (found parts build)
Random gadgets
Custom design car

Indiana Jones
Costume
Holster
Bag
Gun
Whip

Doctor Who:
11th Doctor outfit/Sonic
10th Doctor outfit/Sonic
Psychic Paper

Ninja Turtles:
Casey Jones outfit
Casey Mask
Golf Bag

Inglourious Basterds:
Aldo Raine outfit
Aldo's Knife
Bear Jew outfit
Bear Jew baseball bat

And for the obscurist horror fans out there...

Delemorte Delemore/Cemetary Man:
Francesco's outfit
Webley Pistol
Shovel

Looking forward to posting here, seems like a nice buncha folks sofar!

Hi everyone,

After some weeks of browsing I decided to create an account.
I have just started building some prop replica's and I am very glad to have found this forum,there is so much useful information here!

Greetings Kristof

Hey im Michael,23, from Glasgow Scotland

Im currently in my third year studying Product Design at Glasgow University.

if just finished for summer and thought id put my love for model making to good use rather than wasting my summer away playing COD..

So i have decided to do as many have before me and build a daft punk helmet. hopefully my previous years at uni will set me in good stead for the daft summer ahead.

I cannot remember if i posted in here, if i did sorry for saying hi im new again haha, im making fallout (video game) props, right now the jet and stimpack :)

Hey there, I'm Jesse from Washington State, and I found the site from various searches for Tron costumes and outfits. I consider myself an amateur costumer, but I do take it seriously. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I try for authenticity in my costumes. I've sewn a few things, and am fairly good at working with my hands, I've done woodwork, metal forging and welding, chainmail, as well as some other non-conventional craft methods. I decided to make my own costume recently, but want to hold to the same standards of authenticity. I don't personally think I'll be trying to sell any props, but I'm always willing to share sources for my supplies.

Jesse

Hello Everyone,

I have neglected to introduce my self!

I had been wanting to join for about two years, but membership was closed. I finally was able to join a short time ago. I was lurking for a time, but I suddenly became very impressed with the level of workmanship over here, more-so than anywhere else!

I have been a professional model maker since the late seventies, getting my start from a small but well know company in Delaware, Superior Models. I was making brass master patterns for waterline ship models back then. I have since attended art school, earned a BFA, worked in-house for about 12 years and started my own company in '96.

Love the work and people here so far! I can't wait to start posting more of my work here.

Regards to All!

Scott:cool:cool

hi there im trogan2000 i love fallout and gaming i found this site through a video on fallout nuka cola pipboy creation as im looking to myself buy a fallout pipboy compatable with samsung galaxy tab 7 inch screen that would fit perfectally on my arm (cant tell im a fallout freek can you lol)

hopefully this is the place to find one

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back