re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello fellow fabricators,

I am a props builder and FX artist based in Central Florida. I've been in the business since the late '90's and work on anything from Film and television to themed attractions and trade shows. The last few years I have focused more on building props for the theme parks here in sunny Florida. I was a member of this group way back when, but was never much of a blogger. I hope to change that and share what I know and learn some new tricks. I may even get into a little buying, trading, and selling eventually. I specialize in multidisciplinary projects, where I combine carpentry, metal work, sculpting, 3D printing, and other forms of fabrication to mold, cast, coat and then paint, detail, and finish props and set pieces. I'm looking forward to sharing information and ideas.

And to the member whose into the Haunted Mansion stuff. I'm the scariest one in the middle. We were testing the prop to make sure it fit.

MK-HM Hitchhiking Gosts Prop 01 by stefanfx42, on Flickr

:love What's up everyone, i'm fairly new to this site and love all of the creativity! I am somewhat of a cool nerd and hope to start an epidemic being that i consider myself waaaay turtley enough for the turtle club!:eek

Hi everyone, My name is Jo, im in Ontario Canada...
I can't make or create anything, because im not actually talented in that way, however, i love collecting. Im a HUGE Tim Burton fan, so usually whatever i see related to his work, films etc, i buy... I also love horror stuff, Zombies, SAW movies... I breed and exhibit Bull Terriers, and so i tend to collect anything of those as well. Ummm, i think thats about all for me...
Thanks for letting me join :)

Hello, huge fan of Fight Club and I wanted to look at all the replicas here from that movie :)

Thanks,

AJ

Hi everyone, i am Vicknes and i am a new member to this forum. I like to first wish everyone here happy Easter and thank you for giving me this opportunity to join you here at this owesome forum.
I am a prop collector, and a great fan of Star Wars. I hope to meet as many of fans of Star Wars and others from different interests.
Thank you.

I have been a member of this forum for a little while, but haven't introduced myself so I figured I might as well do so. I am currently working on a LOTR witch king (semi)replica flail, and hopefully the rest of the outfit next month.

Hello there. I recently found this forum through a wonderful Facebook post from Volpin who I began following after I took a look at his Little Sister Adam Syringe from Bioshock - among other crazy things. I'm now actually making my own syringe, following on from my first ever creation: a Big Daddy doll, also from Bioshock. Since that was pretty darn easy, and I'm still quite new to all this I'm not exactly making amazing things, but I'm hoping all the wisdom from this site will help me out with that. Let's see how this goes :D

Hi,
I'm Adam. Going to the Con for the 3rd year and finally commiting to dressing up.

I am going to be the Shredder.

Huge TMNT fan, and always love the villains... so it fits.

I found this site because of this and am excited to learn and CREATE!!

Seems like the place to be.

:fartjoke:

Hi everyone glad to be here. I'm into star wars props. First replica was MR Anakin Ep3 Gutted Now
Luke Ep6 MR 3aa Sold
Anakin Ep2 MR
Vader ESB Hasbro
Graflex 2 cell
RotJ Reveal EFX on the way.

Whats up everybody? Ive been hovering here for a while, but finally decided to join. Im a big daft punk fan, and have built a Thomas helmet, and am now working on a guy helmet, complete with all the lights.

How do! GB fan. Currently getting together my GB1 pack, have a uniform etc.

Reside in Swansea, South Wales

hi my name matt i been fan of ghostbusters since age of five still am now i been working on my costume since october last year i have custom made pack which is now breaking and im making my own pack for first time better then one i got now i also be making my own fan made movie which is my first i be directing/producing/star in im been writing script myself since october last year its almost finished hope to start filming in 2012 thats if everythings goes well im new to this forum thats it for now hope u enjoyed reading remember bustin makes u feel good

Hey, new here, but I've been lurking for a while. I figured it was time to register so I could expand my understanding for new building materials for props and the like to make my costumes just that much better. While I seem to have the sewing part down pretty okay, I know my props could use some work, so I'm excited to learn!

Hello everyone,

My name is Thomas (bluehavok) and I love to make replica props and costumes. I have many tallents, but master at none of them. My favorite movie is Back to the Future, and I own or have made replicas of several props from the trilogy. Some of my other passions include: computer repair, web design, graphic design, video production/editing, karaoke, voiceover acting, and special makeup fx.

Hey everbody, I am a big prop fan, I collect, sell, trade and make em. My main areas of interest are Buffy, Supernatural, Star Wars, dead like me, Charmed, etc. Favorite props to make are vampire stakes and basically anything I can make with wood. Wood is my thing. Current obsession is Supernatural props - I have made the Angel Sword (just had it on ebay but had to pull it due to a paint mishap) and Ruby's Knife out of wood. I desperately need help with rounding out the rest of my Supernatural prop replica must haves. I have a bit of OCD (ok alot) and I gotta have the props as exact as possible - brand, color, size, etc. Also looking for set used props.

hey all, im scott. born and raised in los angeles. living in ohio now. stumbled upon this site looking for screen used tombstone wyatt earp peacemakers.

hows it goin?

Well, I registered here ages ago and I tend to lurk around and read the forums every now and then. I suppose it's long overdue that I introduced myself...

As far as building my own replicas go, I can't scratch build anything to save my life. Kits and finished items are my way to go. I've watched some of the amazing work happening around here and am always impressed at the talent displayed.

My biggest collecting interests are Stargate, Star Trek, BSG (the new one) and more recently, Doctor Who.

So, that's that!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back