New Efx lightsaber: Luke from The Mandalorian

Yeah, probably a good idea to have a list of the bad ones to stay away from, since there a quite a lot to chose from.
I've really never attempted to actually decide to buy one like now.
While I don't need everything to be 100% perfect, I also don't want it to be obviously terrible and perhaps fall apart if I were to just hold it or whatever.
If I do end up having to get sabers from different sources, don't want them all to be vastly different, or maybe ones glow is really weak looking and another super bright.
Ultrasabers
Saberforge
89Sabers
Are 3 of the big ones I'd put in effort to avoid. 89 makes pretty good hilts (in terms of accuracy and build quality), but pretty much recast everything. Whether it be Master Replicas hilts or someone on the RPF's hilt, it's just scummy through-and-through.

You can easily spot a LGT or TXQ hilt mainly based on the switches used, most of the time it'll be some size of anti vandal momentary switch.

Ultrasabers
Saberforge
89Sabers
Are 3 of the big ones I'd put in effort to avoid. 89 makes pretty good hilts (in terms of accuracy and build quality), but pretty much recast everything. Whether it be Master Replicas hilts or someone on the RPF's hilt, it's just scummy through-and-through.

You can easily spot a LGT or TXQ hilt mainly based on the switches used, most of the time it'll be some size of anti vandal momentary switch.
Those 3 are mainly the ones I am now getting ads for.
Theres also artsabers.

I am only looking for a basic saber that looks like ones from the movie that would just light up to the correct color, nothing fancy beyond that.
All these companies seem to cram in like 37 different effects, sounds and who knows what else....well, if it could make coffee, that might be nice....lol.
So of course, not wanting to spend an arm and leg for them all just as a display, but also do not want to be supporting any cons of a company doing recast or whatever else.

I also don't want to really join a group of guys that do good work, just to go in sounding like I'm begging for their work. Kinda like randomly knocking on someones door to try and get something done from a person you don't even know. For the record, I absolutely hate knocking on anyones door for anything.
Maybe I thinking too much into all this, or making it hard on myself....but thats what I do with pretty much everything......

Those 3 are mainly the ones I am now getting ads for.
Theres also artsabers.

I am only looking for a basic saber that looks like ones from the movie that would just light up to the correct color, nothing fancy beyond that.
All these companies seem to cram in like 37 different effects, sounds and who knows what else....well, if it could make coffee, that might be nice....lol.
So of course, not wanting to spend an arm and leg for them all just as a display, but also do not want to be supporting any cons of a company doing recast or whatever else.

I also don't want to really join a group of guys that do good work, just to go in sounding like I'm begging for their work. Kinda like randomly knocking on someones door to try and get something done from a person you don't even know. For the record, I absolutely hate knocking on anyones door for anything.
Maybe I thinking too much into all this, or making it hard on myself....but thats what I do with pretty much everything......
Artsabers is an LGT and TXQ reseller, and not a very good one. They sponsor a lot of YouTube channels and Instagram pages & bot reviews to boost their reputation but even just a cursory search of the lightsabers subreddit will show you so many poor experiences with the company from actual customers with a few decent experiences sprinkled into the mix. And, yeah, obviously spamming ads to dupe newcomers to the hobby.

If you want JUST the right colour, looks like the lightsaber from the movie, no bells and whistles and not cost too much you're best bet will be Master Replicas Force FX sabers on ebay or the Junkyard and some listings for Hasbro Force FX. But your selection will be pretty limited, and I know the LGT/TXQ lightsabers may seem really complicated, but you'd be surprised with how much simpler it actually is than you think. There are tons of really good movie accurate fonts with the correct blade effects and colour, also the sound files can be muted fairly easily.

An LGT/TXQ from one of the reputable sellers can be a really great and easy experience that only costs 100-200ish dollars more than an MR, check out Darkwolf Sabers, Padawan Outpost, Vire Sabers, Aussabers, Exegol Outpost, Ebon Hawk Armory, CC Sabers, Stardust Sabers or Sulphur City Sabers if you want to at least check out what movie character hilts LGT and TXQ offer.

Another option you could take is to buy accurate empty hilts with a polycarbonate blade and rig up a lamp/light solution of blue, cyan, green or red (depending on the character) then mount. There are some great replica empty hilts that are priced around what the ebay MR Force FX sabers cost and you can get supplies for a blade from TCSS for like 25 dollars, they also offer colored polycarbonate blades so you can just rig up a simple white light instead. No need for sound effects or any fancy blade effects.

Artsabers is an LGT and TXQ reseller, and not a very good one. They sponsor a lot of YouTube channels and Instagram pages & bot reviews to boost their reputation but even just a cursory search of the lightsabers subreddit will show you so many poor experiences with the company from actual customers with a few decent experiences sprinkled into the mix. And, yeah, obviously spamming ads to dupe newcomers to the hobby.

If you want JUST the right colour, looks like the lightsaber from the movie, no bells and whistles and not cost too much you're best bet will be Master Replicas Force FX sabers on ebay or the Junkyard and some listings for Hasbro Force FX. But your selection will be pretty limited, and I know the LGT/TXQ lightsabers may seem really complicated, but you'd be surprised with how much simpler it actually is than you think. There are tons of really good movie accurate fonts with the correct blade effects and colour, also the sound files can be muted fairly easily.

An LGT/TXQ from one of the reputable sellers can be a really great and easy experience that only costs 100-200ish dollars more than an MR, check out Darkwolf Sabers, Padawan Outpost, Vire Sabers, Aussabers, Exegol Outpost, Ebon Hawk Armory, CC Sabers, Stardust Sabers or Sulphur City Sabers if you want to at least check out what movie character hilts LGT and TXQ offer.

Another option you could take is to buy accurate empty hilts with a polycarbonate blade and rig up a lamp/light solution of blue, cyan, green or red (depending on the character) then mount. There are some great replica empty hilts that are priced around what the ebay MR Force FX sabers cost and you can get supplies for a blade from TCSS for like 25 dollars, they also offer colored polycarbonate blades so you can just rig up a simple white light instead. No need for sound effects or any fancy blade effects.
Ok, cool. Thanks.
I will definitely keep this as a big consideration on where to go with this little fun project.

Only 1750 wonder how long it lasts? Figured it would be sold out by now
I don't think So. They ordered a block of 1000 that should be available by next month. Then they might consider the additional 750. I don't think this will be a hot seller. Don't forget the Rey saber (4 years late) was supposed to be a 750 edition that now is a 500 edition.

The buyers for this will be the folks starting out or those completeist folks that want everything. I'm a pass on this one. The EFX Reveal and the MR collectors EE ROTJ can't be beat by this offering.

I don't think So. They ordered a block of 1000 that should be available by next month. Then they might consider the additional 750. I don't think this will be a hot seller. Don't forget the Rey saber (4 years late) was supposed to be a 750 edition that now is a 500 edition.

The buyers for this will be the folks starting out or those completeist folks that want everything. I'm a pass on this one. The EFX Reveal and the MR collectors EE ROTJ can't be beat by this offering.
The EFX Reveal and the MR collectors EE ROTJ both were released quite a while back. Many people who have been collecting replica lightsabers for multiple years don't have either of those. I have quite a few sabers including several Luke ROTJ heroes by other makers, but neither of those.

I'm interested in this new saber because it appears to be based on a screen used saber that was designed to light up. I don't look at this as a substitute for a quality ROTJ hero, it was designed much later with a different purpose in mind which resulted in differences in the design.

I have no doubt this will sell out. Some for those who want variation in their collection of prop replicas and some who are simply Star Wars collectors who pursue licensed products. There are many people who don’t know or even care that there are differences or even the existence of the different hilts.

For me, I just find it an odd offering. Image if this were a version of the graflex stunt that does not have a mid clamp. Yes, it would be true to a screen used but quite different from the hero. I have to wonder if the Luke Mando practical hilt was the only hilt eFx was given references for. Or if they have both the practical and hero replicas to offer but simply think sales may do better offering the practical first. Maybe they just want to think out of the box.

Anyhow. I got no real issue with it, just letting my mind wander.

Last edited:
I have no doubt this will seek out. Some for those who want variation in their collection of prop replicas and some who are simply Star Wars collectors who pursue licensed products. There are many people who don’t know or even care that there are differences or even the existence of the different hilts.

For me, I just find it an odd offering. Image if this were a version of the graflex stunt that does not have a mid clamp. Yes, it would be true to a screen used but quite different from the hero. I have to wonder if the Luke Mando practical hilt was the only hilt eFx was given references for. Or if they have both the practical and hero replicas to offer but simply think sales may do better offering the practical first. Maybe they just want to think out of the box.

Anyhow. I got no real issue with it, just letting my mind wander.
This was told to me by 3rd person. I don’t know how true it is, but a second part of the story makes me believe it could be possible because I know that stuff is fact

But I’ve been told the belt hanger (Rylo) was owned by a member involved in the costume department, they donated it for the fitting since the super stunts (rescuer) wasn’t completed yet. Possibility not even made.. I have to check my records

Somehow the Rylo stuck with the custom and made it all the way to set

What makes me believe this story is, the super stunts were designed to be able to quickly change into a belt hanger if they wanted to

again, Im piecing story’s together from what I’ve gathered over research

Now the next im about to say is pure speculation trying to piece together the pervious story, but I can see 2 things happening

1 the Rylo belt hanger was finally returned to the owner, or 2 the Rylo belt hanger they quickly realized it isn’t just heavy.. but can’t dangle on the belt very well since it can easily open up and expand

Idk how they kept that emitter from not opening up.. hanging upside down like it did on screen..

But maybe that’s why they didn’t have the Rylo belt hanger on hand to copy?

Again, a lot of speculation in my story, but the stuff I mentioned about the super stunts is “facts”

From what I see in these photos, the pommel looks different to me.. along with the “chamfer” under the booster section

IMG_1640.jpeg

Yeah im surprised eFX is still in business and still making Star Wars stuff. I heard they made good stuff (Vader legend, Luke RotJ reveal, and the Dinn saber iirc) but their delivery was so slow I thought they closed up shop, at least in regard to Star Wars merchandise. I do think the Luke reveal looks very cool though and wish I didnt miss out on it since the price has only gone up since then.

To the person asking about sabers, I think you first have to consider what you want. There are usually 3 types:
- adult toy that you can swing around.
- official replica for collection that looks nice.
- static hilt for best accuracy.

For the “toy” (although its an expensive toy), you want something durable with sound effects and led blade that lights up over “movie accuracy.” There are companies that make such sabers that I cant really name since Im not interested in that area.

For “official” props, there was Master Replicas and now eFX. They make licensed, limited editions of sabers that are high quality but also pretty pricey.

For movie accurate static props, I think independent artists here on the forum is the way to go. You see so much analysis of the props that result in different variations of the prop so then it becomes a matter of taste of what version of the prop you like (idealized vs stunt, version differences based on film, etc.).

There is one final holy grail version which is the real parts version (made from the actual materials used so actual graflex or MPP) but this will cost you a pretty penny, time, and the wrath of other antique communities lol.

IMHO EFX dug a pretty big hole starting at the bottom of the Grand Canyon that they are starting to dig themselves out of reputation wise. They finally released the Legend Scout Trooper helmet, they are about to release the Dark Rey saber with a new base.... and now this.... it's finally trending the "Right" direction.

Dark Rey from EFX shipped a couple days ago and I'm still confident that Luke Mandalorian Saber will keep up!

20230714235038.jpg

3 years late but great to see it. I ordered from sideshow and have not received an update yet. You must have ordered from EFX direct. Did you order 2 ?
1 of them belongs to someone else. It was revealed that some EFX authorized resellers were also getting supplies, but they had a specified unlocking time, and packages would be shipped when the unlocking time ran out.

Yeah im surprised eFX is still in business and still making Star Wars stuff. I heard they made good stuff (Vader legend, Luke RotJ reveal, and the Dinn saber iirc) but their delivery was so slow I thought they closed up shop, at least in regard to Star Wars merchandise. I do think the Luke reveal looks very cool though and wish I didnt miss out on it since the price has only gone up since then.

To the person asking about sabers, I think you first have to consider what you want. There are usually 3 types:
- adult toy that you can swing around.
- official replica for collection that looks nice.
- static hilt for best accuracy.

For the “toy” (although its an expensive toy), you want something durable with sound effects and led blade that lights up over “movie accuracy.” There are companies that make such sabers that I cant really name since Im not interested in that area.

For “official” props, there was Master Replicas and now eFX. They make licensed, limited editions of sabers that are high quality but also pretty pricey.

For movie accurate static props, I think independent artists here on the forum is the way to go. You see so much analysis of the props that result in different variations of the prop so then it becomes a matter of taste of what version of the prop you like (idealized vs stunt, version differences based on film, etc.).

There is one final holy grail version which is the real parts version (made from the actual materials used so actual graflex or MPP) but this will cost you a pretty penny, time, and the wrath of other antique communities lol.
I opted for the close enough without costing too much.
Found a few people selling the Master Replica Anakin Saber off Facebook.
And the Hasbro Force FX Elite Palpatine saber. Didn't need it with sound, but whatever. It should all look good once I get them all and hung up.
I've only ever had the cheap $10 to $20 toys in the past, so this is a million times better.
20230714_183033.jpg

20230714_183923.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back