New BMF coming

Just checking back in to see if the 3D printed parts have been molded and cast, and are available for purchase. I'm wanting to make (as close as I can) 5 foot version.

Keep up the great work guys, looking forward to buying the cast resin upgrade parts.

Just checking back in to see if the 3D printed parts have been molded and cast, and are available for purchase. I'm wanting to make (as close as I can) 5 foot version.

Keep up the great work guys, looking forward to buying the cast resin upgrade parts.

In a few pages back, I think I read sometime in March they'll be ready.

Hi Red7.

Many thanks for your support Woody :p :D!!!

The jawbox parts are already designed. I'm waiting to see if everything fits. I've made all my measurements so I'm confident that it fits, but I want I green check.
If @TronGod have ordered and received the jawbox he can told us if the parts fit. Are you here Mike?

There are 3 parts, upper, lower and "backwall", all of them designed following the original 32" studio filming model and the studio scale Falcon. So it's a very close replica.

View attachment 442617

If you want to be a beta tester, no problem, PM me and I will send to you the link.

Cheers

Thanks Tony! I am looking forward to seeing them. I am afraid my slow assembly schedule might make me a bad beta tester. I wouldn't want to make you wait so long, but thanks for the offer!

-Woody

Bottom of the 5 ft model
falcon bottom.jpg

My resin bits and pieces from Randy Cooper showed up few days ago :thumbsup !!!! There was piece that was broken during shipping, easy fix
resin pieces.jpeg

This is where I am at with my Falcon, still have to order Tony's stuff and also possibly from Jaitea's upgrade, just ordered 2 decal sets from JT Graphics
Falcon.jpeg

Ken

Attachments

• Falcon.jpeg
    Falcon.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
May be just how Randy has his mold, mine came with that part in 2 pieces at the same exact spot. I'm about at the same spot, waiting on Randy's PE set and the JT Graphics decals (just one)

I think it is thin and due to the curvature and shipped in the size box, it is bound to break. I am also awaiting his PE set and I also ordered the base

Thanks for sharing, guys. Just to confirm I have this right, Randy's set is an 'homage' detail set sized for the Hasbro MF and not strictly accurate to either the 5-footer or 32-incher - right?
Cheers!
Robert

Thanks for sharing, guys. Just to confirm I have this right, Randy's set is an 'homage' detail set sized for the Hasbro MF and not strictly accurate to either the 5-footer or 32-incher - right?
Cheers!
Robert
Yep, the Randy kit is his own design......and looks cool with it

J

Okay, thanks Jaitea. That is what I call 'homage detail' because he used similar practices to the original ILM modelers in creating the detail. So, the look of the detail is authentic if not exactly the same. I'm down with that!
Regards, Robert

Hey all,

With all the new stuff for the Hasbro Falcon already out there, here is yet another add-on.

This upgrade consists of 18 resin (6x 3), and 9 PE (6x + 3) parts. You get 6x resin exhaust fan inserts (2 parts each), plus 6x PE grilles, then another 6x retainer rings. As well, you get three smaller grilles for atop the docking tubes.

This will be available from the SSM store sooner than later (but not before Xmas): They will (as of now) sell for $48.00 USD.

MMI-7781 - 01
MMI-7781 - 02
MMI-7781 - 03
MMI-7781 - 04
MMI-7781 - 05

NOTE: The PE in the images is in fact a custom piece for the SMT 1/48 Falcon. The 7781 PE will have a smaller outer diameter as to not be seen when the retainer ring is added. Hopefully that makes sense.

Any news/updates on this PhotoEtch and Resin Kit for the engine vents? I didn't see it on the Starship Modeler site. Looking forward to getting this, as well as their engines, for both the Hasbro Falcon (also not out yet) and the Fine Molds 1/72 kit.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a placement guide for all the small decals? I have a set from JT Graphics and I'm not sure where all of them go.

That sucks you don't get a placement guide from JT Graphics. Jbot sells the same set of Ken Rice's decals but includes a bunch of pictures, and are numbered and more spread out. You do get a bunch of other studio scale decals with the JT Graphics set. Maybe just scour pics of the 5 ft model (32" didn't have any on it) to find where they go. Good reference pics here.
http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=7554

decalssale.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back