New BMF coming

Okay I think I can say now, after looking at the above pics, what I have been hoping I could say which is this sucker is gonna save me about $4,000. I bought my MR Falcon for 2k.

Sold it years later for 3k to pay bills after job loss. Now they are going for 4k at least.

Although it would be nice to have another one, short of winning the lottery, I think this new Falcon will fill the void quite nicely. :)

Thank you to all the members making these incredible upgrade pieces.

This is getting exciting. :) I haven't started on mine yet but these great parts and adventurous knife wielding have made me start to salivate :D. I've ordered some of FZ6's shapeways parts and am awaiting patiently the resin parts being cast by Mike Salzo (from MORE of FZ6's shapeways parts), and JohnnyCrash's PE vent grills. This thread is making my head swim with possibilities :D

Okay I think I can say now, after looking at the above pics, what I have been hoping I could say which is this sucker is gonna save me about $4,000. I bought my MR Falcon for 2k.

Sold it years later for 3k to pay bills after job loss. Now they are going for 4k at least.

Although it would be nice to have another one, short of winning the lottery, I think this new Falcon will fill the void quite nicely. :)

Thank you to all the members making these incredible upgrade pieces.

Out-of-the-box licensed props are lowest on my totem pole of satisfaction. $2,000 or not; totally cool model or not; My MR Falcon is to me, eh - meh...

'Cause I haven't put any love into it...!

My X-wing toy conversion ranks WAY higher on my satisfaction meter...

FWIW...

Out-of-the-box licensed props are lowest on my totem pole of satisfaction. $2,000 or not; totally cool model or not; My MR Falcon is to me, eh - meh...

'Cause I haven't put any love into it...!

My X-wing toy conversion ranks WAY higher on my satisfaction meter...

FWIW...

Don't you have one or did you sell it????

- - - Updated - - -

I love my MR Falcon. I miss my MR Falcon. It was incredible and I miss her sooooooo. That and my 6ft Toys R Us Falcon were my two favorite pieces.

I will have another 6 ftr one day. Maybe a MR Falcon as well if things turn around real good. If not the modded Hasbro and 6ftr will do.

A friend informed me of this thread today as I had no idea this was going on. After spending the morning reading through the whole thing I went out with much excitement to find my Falcon! So, back home with one now and I have to say I'm quite amazed by this thing. After having two MR falcons(which I ended up having to sell to pay bills), this thing is pretty well spot on shape wise. I really can't believe that Hasbro nailed a toy like this. I mean, if this thing were a model kit, at this size it would be a hit considering the accuracy of the shape and the quality of most of the detail. And the price! Good grief!!!! Going to order the Shapeways parts here soon and begin what should be a very satisfying project.

Are any of you going to attempt to remove some of the molded on piping and replace with kit parts or brass piping? I'm considering doing some of the larger pieces on the back to add some depth and give me something to gawk at, lol. Will probably do all the larger pipes that ended up being tall walls in the casting. I'm not sure how to go about removing them however, especially the ones nestled in tigthly among other parts on the back. Does anyone have a good idea on what would be the best way to do this?

Chris

Heads up..I see there are some very cool new shapeway parts up...Turret well/Turret Window/ and Mandibles (inner) sidewalls.. Maybe slow down my project to wait for these parts to get shipped :)

Updated: Went ahead and ordered the Window/Turret well/and mandibles sidewalls... curses Tony! :)

Hey..TONY you still need to make the upper/lower center front ship thingys that are missing on the hasbro ship :) (Or should say are cut out in a weird way)

Last edited:
Got up at 5am with this thing burning a hole through my head and I've made peace with not shooting for any kind of accuracy with this other than what's already there...which is quite good. I made the decision that most all of the molded on piping I can live with but in the interest of having some up close eye candy decided that I would want to remove the largest offenders and replace them with brass pipes. Made a little chisel tool with a small mechanical screwdriver by filing it sharp and proceeded to chisel away at the big pipes on the rear deck. A little crude but perhaps after a some sanding and the fact that these areas will be painted and covered with add on pipes hopefully it won't look too shabby. I'm also thinking that I'll maybe add a few pipes of my own in select areas around the deck to give some undercuts and depth and maybe a few parts as well. I'll likewise add some piping in the access ports on top and underneath. Think that all in all, considering the investment and that it looks so spot on, this is going to be awesome and I'll likely get more pleasure from this thing than I did my expensive MR falcons that were so accurate. It always bothered me that I had so much money tied up in them and that they were so incredibly fragile.

IMG_0214.JPG

Chris

You're talking about the missing inner jaw box details, aren't you? I'm sure they're planned. There's just too many goodies (is there really?) available now. I might have to sell something to buy them all especially since I now want a second Falcon. Oh my poor wallet.

However, I would also like to see some docking ring caps (the caps only. You know, the things that hide the left and right side mounting points) printed and/or cast in resin for extra display options.

Heads up..I see there are some very cool new shapeway parts up...Turret well/Turret Window/ and Mandibles (inner) sidewalls.. Maybe slow down my project to wait for these parts to get shipped :)

Updated: Went ahead and ordered the Window/Turret well/and mandibles sidewalls... curses Tony! :)

Hey..TONY you still need to make the upper/lower center front ship thingys that are missing on the hasbro ship :) (Or should say are cut out in a weird way)

Holy crap those new pieces look sweet.

I just need to know if the Turret Well and Window will be done in resin as well or do we need to go the Shapeways route??????

- - - Updated - - -

Got up at 5am with this thing burning a hole through my head and I've made peace with not shooting for any kind of accuracy with this other than what's already there...which is quite good. I made the decision that most all of the molded on piping I can live with but in the interest of having some up close eye candy decided that I would want to remove the largest offenders and replace them with brass pipes. Made a little chisel tool with a small mechanical screwdriver by filing it sharp and proceeded to chisel away at the big pipes on the rear deck. A little crude but perhaps after a some sanding and the fact that these areas will be painted and covered with add on pipes hopefully it won't look too shabby. I'm also thinking that I'll maybe add a few pipes of my own in select areas around the deck to give some undercuts and depth and maybe a few parts as well. I'll likewise add some piping in the access ports on top and underneath. Think that all in all, considering the investment and that it looks so spot on, this is going to be awesome and I'll likely get more pleasure from this thing than I did my expensive MR falcons that were so accurate. It always bothered me that I had so much money tied up in them and that they were so incredibly fragile.

View attachment 414616

Chris

I'm gonna be doing the same thing as you Chris. Cutting off some of the pipes and replacing them and leaving some, but only the good looking ones will stay. I think this is a key mod to bring this toy up to the S.S. level. One of our members in one of the new Falcon threads has already done some of them and it makes a huge difference.

Below starting in post #82

http://www.therpf.com/f11/hasbro-hero-millennium-falcon-modification-228128/index4.html

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back