New BMF coming

Its great that they've used both versions of the Falcon for Ep 7,......cant wait to see what she looks like from the front,.....whether she has the 5 foot F1 boxes or the 32' boxes

That will make an impact on mods for the Hasbro
J

So are we saying that this Hasbro toy could be the Episode VII Falcon just with a round dish?

No, sadly not...... the four ( & four on the underside) triangler vertical pieces on the actuator flaps on the engine deck are spaced as of the 32" on the Ep7 & Hasbro...., but the greeblies on the engine deck & the 6 engine coolers & vent grilles are of the 5 footer,...but the Hasbro are from the 32'....(there is a very small amount of the 5 footer greeblies in the Hasbro also, they are there to fill a bare space which is also bare on the 32")

J

Trying to figure out all these details is really fun... but then I think back to Battlestar galactica when they took the landing bay and flipped it upside down and used it as a shot of the exterior of the Galactica. When they made these movies back in the day it was..whatever works and gets you to the next shot, however we all want our personal models to match what we remember on screen. It took me awhile before I noticed the falcon was different from IV to V...yet here I am trying to get all the details right myself! Love it!

Keep making these Falcon parts..I will get my knife out and start removing more of the toy bits to replace with these awesome new parts!

Just saw the new clip! The New Falcon scene got my heart skipping a beat:) I do hope they complement it with physical Falcon scale model scenes and not just CGI all throughout. There is no mistaking that crabshell 5-footer basic shape and narrow sidewalls, though. Not a 32" hockey puck at all.

W610wjo.jpg

qzDu5P7.jpg

tR3Ofu1.jpg

RLXlgss.jpg

rz5FApD.jpg

Ok here I have split the support template into three pics so they are easily printed on A4 paper,

mf-left34web.jpg
you need to set the length of each image at 203.33mm in photoshop and print from there.

mf-mid34web.jpg
Sorry but I don’t know how else to do it as just printing them in windows only wants to fill the page.

mf-right34web.jpg

Cut the middle one to the lines and then glue them together making sure the line in the centre is straight and the total length should then be 610mm.
The plywood should be 9mm thick and decent hardwood “engineered” type, usually with 7 layers.

itern325web.jpg
Fitting the cut pieces together will need two more bits of ply 50x135x9mm and 165x70x9mm fixed where shown on the template.

base35web.jpg
A few bits of plastic will have to be removed to fit the support inside like so.

top32web.jpg

If you are not going to cut the mandibles from the hull like this...

hull34web.jpg
and will just be using the support for fitting to a stand, then you may be able to do away with the long straight bit at the front of the ply support and also leave the plastic strengtheners at the front by the mandibles on the bottom, changing the ply to fit there accordingly.

intern456web.jpg Thats a bingo :)

Dont know if anyone is interested, but as ill be starting mine over again after my incident ill have spare top gun,rader and some sidepanels if anyone is interested?

Ill let all the panels,the gun and dish go for £20 shipped :)

Dont know if anyone is interested, but as ill be starting mine over again after my incident ill have spare top gun,rader and some sidepanels if anyone is interested?

Might want to consider keeping them for testing purposes. I've oops'd a couple of things and having the second one for do overs has been nice.

Ok here I have split the support template into three pics so they are easily printed on A4 paper,

View attachment 410321
you need to set the length of each image at 203.33mm in photoshop and print from there.

View attachment 410322
Sorry but I don’t know how else to do it as just printing them in windows only wants to fill the page.

View attachment 410323

Cut the middle one to the lines and then glue them together making sure the line in the centre is straight and the total length should then be 610mm.
The plywood should be 9mm thick and decent hardwood “engineered” type, usually with 7 layers.

View attachment 410324
Fitting the cut pieces together will need two more bits of ply 50x135x9mm and 165x70x9mm fixed where shown on the template.

View attachment 410325
A few bits of plastic will have to be removed to fit the support inside like so.

View attachment 410326

If you are not going to cut the mandibles from the hull like this...

View attachment 410327
and will just be using the support for fitting to a stand, then you may be able to do away with the long straight bit at the front of the ply support and also leave the plastic strengtheners at the front by the mandibles on the bottom, changing the ply to fit there accordingly.

View attachment 410328 Thats a bingo :)

You are awesome. Thanks so much.

No if you want to make some money offer these with a stand in the JY :)

Thanks Jameth
I forgot to mention, I used a small band saw to cut this out but if you don't have one and have to use a jigsaw or even a hand coping saw and aren't to sure of you wood skills, cutting a mil or two inside the line, and putting a bead of silicone sealant on the edge before final fitting will work just fine. Better that than it being too big :)

You should use the spare gun & turret to replace the crappy on on the bottom

J

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back