New BMF coming

I am thinking about trying this glue IPS PPX5:
http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/polyethylene-adhesives-glue/ipsppx5-50ml
This is the only glue that tackles polyethylene, and that is what this Falcon is made of...
Has anyone tried this glue?

Eighty bucks though? And you need a hundred-and-twenty buck applicator gun to apply it? Yikes, you could buy three and a half HS Falcons for that. Telling you - Lepage All-Plastic works fine (even on the curved panels that need to be added to the cockpit tube), or prime it with adhesion promoter.

For small pieces, I just use Superglue and it works for me....I make sure to sand both surface together before contact and sometimes put some small scratch marks on the gluing area
this would make the super glue hold strongly. For big parts I use 2-part epoxy and do the same for the surfaces works great. For reinforcing parts I also use Hot Glue gun.

Hi guys,

Anyone notice, it is getting harder to find this Hasbro BMF and not getting cheaper. In Ebay it sells not lower than 100 US$, and the number of sellers is continually decreasing.
Is this out of production already? For you guys who still to find one with a great price, Grab it now before it is gone....

I got mine for 60$US before, and I heard it went as low as 25$US in some Wallmart stores.

I'm currently hunting for one where the price is reasonable (plan to do another one in the future possibly,
Love to get the Deagostini Falcon but it is not reachable to me in my location.... :(

I managed to snag a set of the 7 landing gear that came with the Hasbro BMF (big Millennium Falcon - not the Hero version this thread's based on) and am considering building a set of styrene covers for when the landing gear are "up" then using magnets attached to landing gear and covers.

This would allow me to easily switch between the two, covers for displaying in flight - landing gear for displaying on ground. I know the landing gear will be a bit out of scale, but they will be close enough for me personally.

Anyone attempted anything like this? I'm a rookie at modeling and didn't know if I was opening a can of worms that I'm not aware of.

Thanks.

I managed to snag a set of the 7 landing gear that came with the Hasbro BMF (big Millennium Falcon - not the Hero version this thread's based on) and am considering building a set of styrene covers for when the landing gear are "up" then using magnets attached to landing gear and covers.

This would allow me to easily switch between the two, covers for displaying in flight - landing gear for displaying on ground. I know the landing gear will be a bit out of scale, but they will be close enough for me personally.

Anyone attempted anything like this? I'm a rookie at modeling and didn't know if I was opening a can of worms that I'm not aware of.

Thanks.

Yep... once you open that can you can't close it again and you'll be in for the ride of your life. Trust me... it doesn't get easier as you go along. But is it worth it, you betcha!

Yep... once you open that can you can't close it again and you'll be in for the ride of your life. Trust me... it doesn't get easier as you go along. But is it worth it, you betcha!

LOL...yeah, as I was visualizing what I had in mind I could see all sorts of snags popping up. But isn't that part of the fun...:unsure.

Still, I hate to waste the landing gear. Just getting my nerve up to jump into it.

LOL...yeah, as I was visualizing what I had in mind I could see all sorts of snags popping up. But isn't that part of the fun...:unsure.

Still, I hate to waste the landing gear. Just getting my nerve up to jump into it.

Oh I know that feeling well... I've got a closet filled with kits I'm still getting the nerve to get around to jumping on that have been there for many years! :)

Oh I know that feeling well... I've got a closet filled with kits I'm still getting the nerve to get around to jumping on that have been there for many years! :)

I love sites like this one, I can spend hours browsing at all the amazing work done by many of the model masters here. 95% of the time I leave here full of inspiration for projects of my own. I truck over to my collection room, open my closet of current projects (or closet of impending doom), pull out my models and freeze. Then decide to spend just a little more time researching.

Should have my unfinished projects done in the next 10 years or so. :$

My Hasbro Falcon is finally done and I can move on to other things!! I know the Ties are a slightly different scale but look just about right to me.
my RPF Falcon.jpeg

Thanks.

I am working on the same thing with the landing gear. I removed the 'nubs' originally used as Landing gear. I made Landing gear bays out of styrene and hot glue. I attached magnets to the Landing gear and on the inside side of the bays so that the magnets never touch. I will upload a photo when I get home. 20150917_061324.jpg20150917_061234.jpg

I am working on the same thing with the landing gear. I removed the 'nubs' originally used as Landing gear. I made Landing gear bays out of styrene and hot glue. I attached magnets to the Landing gear and on the inside side of the bays so that the magnets never touch. I will upload a photo when I get home. View attachment 534835View attachment 534837

Looks really good. Hope you post some pics when complete.

Does anyone know what kit the main part of this maintenance pit came from that was used on the 32 inch version? I am having a hard time finding anything. I need specifically the one that was used for 32 inch, not 5-footer.

15_jpg.jpg

Tamiya 1/35 Germany · 20mm4 twin anti-aircraft cannon 38 -inch
Tamiya 1/35 command car Funkuwagen
1/700 ship mast Tamiya 1/700 Royal Navy Prince of Wales ( King George
Tamiya 1/700 Shinano ( Kyukin type version )
Tamiya 1/12 ford Elf DFV engine

chris

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back