New BMF coming

Welp, while waiting (super patiently :) )for the resin kit from the fine gentlemen here who shall not be named, almost finished the wooden armature and engine lighting enclosure. Man, did the wooden structure NOT want to sit nicely inside the mandibles! Finally had to chop some of the teeny-tiny support stubs away from either side of the armature - now that a bunch of those screw-posts are gone, I just hope the whole thing will go back together sufficiently tightly when all is said and done.:unsure

A pane in the butt <pics removed> it is a test fit ther not glued down yet
Lance

Lance you wild man, please fully document the parts/ sources you're using and publish in a thread (with an easily Searched title, such as 'Super detailing the Hasbro Millennium Falcon') if possible as a resource to all us other "MF'ers" who might want to follow your example... building for posterity! ;^P Cheers!

Regards, Robert

Shapeways.png
yup

Lance you wild man, please fully document the parts/ sources you're using and publish in a thread (with an easily Searched title, such as 'Super detailing the Hasbro Millennium Falcon') if possible as a resource to all us other "MF'ers" who might want to follow your example... building for posterity! ;^P Cheers!

Regards, Robert

rbeach84 I can give it a try to do a full document on my work, but first I need to figure out how to publish or start a new thread on this site. If you know where to go to publish and/or start a new thread please let me know. If not that is ok too.

Thanks
leyrich

rbeach84 I can give it a try to do a full document on my work, but first I need to figure out how to publish or start a new thread on this site. If you know where to go to publish and/or start a new thread please let me know. If not that is ok too.

Thanks
leyrich

Sure; start a Thread using the "Post New Thread" button that is visible when you open one of the Forums such as 'General Modeling' or 'Studio Scale' (at the top of the listings, on the left side...)

Since EDIT of a posting is apparently *always* allowed you can in effect start a thread and just keep updating the first posting as you go along while the conversation continues to run into new replies.

Hope that helps!
Regards, Robert

- - - Updated - - -

Yup? I don't get it... is the Han figure? Did you publish out to Shapeways now?
Sorry if I'm being dense...
-------------------------------------------------------EDIT
Never mind, I see it in Tony's store on Shapeways now. Nice job!

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
Sure; start a Thread using the "Post New Thread" button that is visible when you open one of the Forums such as 'General Modeling' or 'Studio Scale' (at the top of the listings, on the left side...)

Since EDIT of a posting is apparently *always* allowed you can in effect start a thread and just keep updating the first posting as you go along while the conversation continues to run into new replies.

Hope that helps!
Regards, Robert

- - - Updated - - -

Yup? I don't get it... is the Han figure? Did you publish out to Shapeways now?
Sorry if I'm being dense...
-------------------------------------------------------EDIT
Never mind, I see it in Tony's store on Shapeways now. Nice job!

Regards, Robert
Sorry...Yes this one is done...uploaded...ready... This is in TONY's Shapways store now...I have teamed up with him...and I am having him handle the getting it to the masses, as well as checking to make sure it's scaled to his seats..etc...

Isn't collaboration wonderful? I'm just now looking in his store... so much fun, so little funds!
;^P
R/ Robert
Yeah..actually my falcon project is on hold because Im broke :) hahaha

Anyhow... working on a CHEWIE..and the plan is to also make these for the Deagostini as well... Tony will oversee them all from me :)
I hope you guys can paint them up nice and show us.

Yeah..actually my falcon project is on hold because Im broke :) hahaha

Anyhow... working on a CHEWIE..and the plan is to also make these for the Deagostini as well... Tony will oversee them all from me :)
I hope you guys can paint them up nice and show us.

That sounds cool! Say, how hard is it to make the figures with a separate head and/or arms? That would allow for a bit of animation in the pose... Of course there is always a knife & putty! ;^D
Chewie, I suppose presents some probs because of the hair issue... but imagine figs with different expressions (certainly possible for 1/48 scale - just look at Preiser's fine line of injection molded figures...) I can see Chewie with a snarl and Han with a snicker... hah!
R/ Robert

Last edited:
Wasn't there a Japanese page (or any page would be good) with a list and map of which kits were used in whatever place on the 32" studio model? I've been looking here and other forums but can't find it now anywhere.

That sounds cool! Say, how hard is it to make the figures with a separate head and/or arms? That would allow for a bit of animation in the pose... Of course there is always a knife & putty! ;^D
Chewie, I suppose presents some probs because of the hair issue... but imagine figs with different expressions (certainly possible for 1/48 scale - just look at Preiser's fine line of injection molded figures...) I can see Chewie with a snarl and Han with a snicker... hah!
R/ Robert
I'm open to all ideas.... Actually this han originally did have the arms broken off, but this being my 1st figure I was worried about making gaps, or having it not fit right. I had a lot of back and forth with TONY to make sure his hands didn't hit the seat..etc...

I think I need to quote Indiana Jones here..." I don't know, I'm making this up as I go!"

I will add..if people really get into these figures...I can see making versions with a lot of different options..or just making enough variations of them to make everyone happy :) I know TONY had some cool ideas for the larger falcon...

It only uses the MR Falcon as its reference and is not 100% accurate nor does it cover the entire model.

Thanks!
I does look like it's mainly just the mandibles there. Was more interested in the back end, around the vents and there abouts and bottom, center just under the engine.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back