NEW: ALIEN Emergency Helmet from NOSTROMO!

Bob Burns owns an original

44.jpg

The science Fiction Archives museum in France owns one

sheet_FBF87376-C54A-E19A-0EBBDF53EC2155CE.jpg

and the aforementioned Propstore one

13388.jpg

Three out of seven...

looks awesome

what is the greeblie at the helmets right side, at the end of the ribbed hose!?
this detail is also used on a StarWars related prop...looks like a tape deck button, but I never have been able to identify model and maker :(

I would appreciate some help, if possible

Thx, Markus

Excellent! That is one busy prop. There really really are a ton of graphics on that thing...

-Rylo

If I could make and paint a prop half as nice as that. I would be all giggly Inside. That is absolutely fantastic...

looks awesome

what is the greeblie at the helmets right side, at the end of the ribbed hose!?
this detail is also used on a StarWars related prop...looks like a tape deck button, but I never have been able to identify model and maker :(

I would appreciate some help, if possible

Thx, Markus

Talking about this specific detail (shown here is a 3D printed part).
Any help would be great!

lagenbla007_zps7d965681.jpg

Markus

Hello Everyone. I'm going to start with a bit of background before I ask the main question. About 25yrs ago a friend my mine was doing house clearances. Knowing I was into SciFi he gave me a helmet. Did not think much of it, a bit of a curiosity was all. Now jump 25yrs into the future and being a big fan of Alien (full size Alien head on my wall) I decided to sit down last Saturday and watch it again for the 1000 time. Well to my surprise there it was. I've always admired the Emergence Helmet, but never remembered seeing the back of it (VHS was always to dark). Until now (bluray and all). So It's been sitting in the garage for 25yrs ever since. But not anymore. So the main question is: Is this helmet I have a prop from the 1979 Alien film or is it a replica? If it's a replica, it's very good.

Back view (full)
IMG_5445.JPG

The front of the visor is missing. That was how it come.

IMG_5441.JPG

Weyland Yutani Logo (right side)
IMG_5444.JPG

Front view
IMG_5442.JPG

Back view close up
IMG_5450.JPG

Top View
IMG_5440.JPG

Left side
IMG_5446.JPG

Close up view (left side)
IMG_5448.JPG

Back view (close up)
IMG_5449.JPG

Appears to be made from plastic, wood and some metal parts?

Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers
Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne,
My initial thought after looking at the detail is that it's original.
If it's not, then it's very good replica - what's left of it.
Would you mind photographing the inside please.
If it’s real or not you’re a very lucky guy – I’d love to have that in my collection!

Hello Everyone. I'm going to start with a bit of background before I ask the main question. About 25yrs ago a friend my mine was doing house clearances. Knowing I was into SciFi he gave me a helmet. Did not think much of it, a bit of a curiosity was all. Now jump 25yrs into the future and being a big fan of Alien (full size Alien head on my wall) I decided to sit down last Saturday and watch it again for the 1000 time. Well to my surprise there it was. I've always admired the Emergence Helmet, but never remembered seeing the back of it (VHS was always to dark). Until now (bluray and all). So It's been sitting in the garage for 25yrs ever since. But not anymore. So the main question is: Is this helmet I have a prop from the 1979 Alien film or is it a replica? If it's a replica, it's very good.

Back view (full)
View attachment 464849

The front of the visor is missing. That was how it come.

View attachment 464852

Weyland Yutani Logo (right side)
View attachment 464853

Front view
View attachment 464857

Back view close up
View attachment 464859

Top View
View attachment 464860

Left side
View attachment 464864

Close up view (left side)
View attachment 464867

Back view (close up)
View attachment 464870

Appears to be made from plastic, wood and some metal parts?

Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers
Hyperdyne

you need to contact stephen210. He has very intimate knowledge of the screen used helmets. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone better qualified than him to tell you if this was screen used or not.

Thanks for your reply. I will post some inside pix. Your welcome to give me an offer? I'm not going to do anything with it. Maybe if it was complete I would keep it.

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers. Thanks for your reply.

Seems genuine to me. They made quite a few of those for the Nostromo bridge for sure. Some were heroes and others for background only...but knowing how SRS works, I bet every one of them were detailed to the hilt;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back