Never seen a Back to the Future Delorean then two in the space of a couple of weeks

Marv

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
On or around the 10/11th July I was driving between Exeter and Teignmouth on the B3192 here in the UK when I saw the first Delorean all spruced up just like in the movies, couldn't believe my eyes, absolutely brilliant. I'd seen Delorean's before but never dressed up like that.
Then on 22nd of July just outside of Coulon in France on the D25E between Benet and Saint Pompain, another on the back of a flat bed truck over took my old 1972 VW camper (luckily for me not at 88mph), I couldn't believe it. I ended up following it for some way and ended up getting lost in the French countryside for about an hour, until we got ourselves back to where we were meant to be, brilliant :)
IMG_2959.JPG
The picture (taken by my co-pilot) shows where WE ran out of road and should have gone right :)
So if this belongs to a board member here on the RPF it was me chasing you in the V-Dub that day :thumbsup

Re: Never seen a Back to the Future Delorean then two in the space of a couple of wee

Very cool looking car indeed! I saw a guy locally here in Southern California with a Delorean Time Machine not too long ago.

I asked if he would let me take a picture standing by it. So he let me do that, but then he told me to sit in the car’s driver seat for another picture. - It was awesome!

Re: Never seen a Back to the Future Delorean then two in the space of a couple of wee

No such luck for me I found it difficult keeping up with this one, being limited to 50-55mph in the old van.

That’s awesome, the only one I’ve seen is the one parked inside Universal Orlando. I sure one on the road is bound to turn some heads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take the plate number to your registry of motor vehicles, they can look up the owner and address for you

Costs us around 50 bucks to do a title search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On or around the 10/11th July I was driving between Exeter and Teignmouth on the B3192 here in the UK when I saw the first Delorean all spruced up just like in the movies, couldn't believe my eyes, absolutely brilliant. I'd seen Delorean's before but never dressed up like that.
Then on 22nd of July just outside of Coulon in France on the D25E between Benet and Saint Pompain, another on the back of a flat bed truck over took my old 1972 VW camper (luckily for me not at 88mph), I couldn't believe it. I ended up following it for some way and ended up getting lost in the French countryside for about an hour, until we got ourselves back to where we were meant to be, brilliant :)
View attachment 838750
The picture (taken by my co-pilot) shows where WE ran out of road and should have gone right :)
So if this belongs to a board member here on the RPF it was me chasing you in the V-Dub that day :thumbsup

Awesome! Funny you mention Exeter and Teignmouth, I saw the first Delorean in the UK driving toward Bath from Amesbury, seems like the Wester part of the country likes them better. :D Although the one I saw was a stock one, the only BTTF one I saw was at the Secret Cinema event.
On the other hand, the French one had an appearence on the Hungarian Delorean blog that I follow. The two guys were going to Turkey from France with the D on the trailer and were passing through Hungary so one of the Hungarian D owners contacted them for a meeting. Text is in Hungarian but the photos should really be adequate:
https://delorean.blog.hu/2017/06/07/egy_bttf_delorean_gyorben
Definitely the same car, first letter of plate and crack on the rear bumper match up. If you want I can try and ask the blogger if he still has any contacts to the French guys.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back