Neuer22 - Iron Man 3 - Mark 42 / XLII - W.I.P.

Re: Neuer22 - Iron Man Mark 8 / 47 / 42 / VIII Project W.I.P.

Sweet!Nice Build!looking forward on ur next build ^^

Update:

I started to work on a hinge version for this helmet... I know this method is not very popular, but I think it's not because it opens the faceplate not all the way up.

BUT I managed a way to open it 100% up, so I hope you guys like it!

I used blind rivets to connect the metal pieces very tightly.

neuer22-iron-man-mark-8-47-42-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358676732.233253.jpg-138231

Great idea :thumbsup.

Neuer22 - Iron Man Mark 8 / 47 / 42 / VIII Project W.I.P.

I think I found the right EVA foam here in Germany!! Searched all places in 4 Cities + the Internet for EVA foam and in the end I stumbled upon these nice sheets right around the corner :D

Attention!! These are very rare in Germany!!! For everyone who is building suits: BAUHAUS has some in their Car-Department!!

View attachment 138390

:)

Just ordered two servos to make an electronic automatic faceplate movement :)
I have a good Idea where I will place the servos and how to setup the hinges :)

If everything works out I'll share my work here! The good thing is that it'll work with every mark 8 helmet from Biggeek1972 :)

Just ordered two servos to make an electronic automatic faceplate movement :)
I have a good Idea where I will place the servos and how to setup the hinges :)

If everything works out I'll share my work here! The good thing is that it'll work with every mark 8 helmet from Biggeek1972 :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. My helmet run is just starting now so I should be getting my biggeek soon. Oh yeah!!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. My helmet run is just starting now so I should be getting my biggeek soon. Oh yeah!!

Hehe, thank you :)
I'm crossing my fingers for you it's shipping soon ;)

Unfortunately I was confronted by a huge problem with the faceplate mechanism :(
I was already done with my servo setup when I realize that the new vent entrance is underneath the main helmet... So the faceplate needs to move 1cm in front first before it can go back...

I have 2-3 solving plans but that is making everything a lot more complex and actually I wanted it to be as easy as it can be :(

Stay tuned I'll come up with a solution :)

Exited to see what you have next for us :popcorn :popcorn

Hehe :)

I would love to share more progress! I had a lot of trial and error in the last 4 weeks... But I want to make sure it works at least 99% before I want to show it. Progress will nonetheless be posted here when the final hinge mechanism is working :) :)

So don't worry you will get all my failures too :D

Stay tuned :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back