Netflix Recommendations Thread

So I watched the pilot for Farscape last night, a little dated, anybody watch it? Don't know much about it.

Yep, I've seen the entire series and it is fantastic! One of my top four sci-fi series, along with Firefly, Doctor Who and Stargate SG-1.
It has a bit of a slow start, but gets so good!

Top Gear, Bones, & How I Met Your Mother are what I'm watching right now. All three shows are great. Especially Top Gear for those who are into cars.

Just want to give another shout out for "Out of the Wild: Venezuala." Probably one of the best series I have seen in a LONG LONG time. I absolutely love the messages it sends and the way it was handled. It was both inspiring and humbling and makes me laugh at hippies who think we should all just love and embrace nature and "mother nature" will take care of us! Great stuff!

They just added season 2 of Archer and some really bad (bad as in so bad they are good) horror flicks. "Humanoids from the Deep" and "CHUD"

Archer is one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time.

I just watched Death Race 2000 in all it's cheesy goodness. I forgot Stallone was in it. He is quite whiny.:lol
deathrace6.jpg

Supernatural.

Had no idea it has been on for 7 seasons. Anyway, never bothered with it.

Watched the first episode a month ago and I've really enjoyed catching up.

-Rylo

Not Netflix, but on Hulu Plus is "The Booth at the End" which is a cool miniseries. It's about a guy in a diner people go to when they need things. They ask for something, anything, and he tells him what he needs them to do in order for what they want to come true. Sometimes he asks them to do something helpful for other people, sometimes he asks people to do terrible things. The story involves about 8 people who go to him, and their stories become intertwined at times and at others remain entirely separate. It remains ambiguous even through the end of what he knows, or how he does what he does, and it's best that way.

I just watched Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology which is a documentary on the Hart wrestling family. Even if you aren't or never been a wrestling fan its pretty good!

Check out Inferno: The Making of the Expendables. I wasn't super impressed with the Expendables, but after watching this making of documentary actually made me appreciate the effort that was put into this movie.

Check out Inferno: The Making of the Expendables. I wasn't super impressed with the Expendables, but after watching this making of documentary actually made me appreciate the effort that was put into this movie.

That's on the Expendables Blu-ray disc. It was cool. The blu-ray also has more. Sly talks about how his collar bone got broken in that scene underground where Austin kicks the crap out of him - he kept telling Steve to hit him 'hard' and finally after multiple takes, Austin finally did what Sly wanted and ended up breaking him!!

I just watched Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology which is a documentary on the Hart wrestling family. Even if you aren't or never been a wrestling fan its pretty good!

The Ric Flair bio was pretty good as well. Being an wrestling fan since I was little I have watched most of the ones on streaming as of late.

They're actually pretty good even for not being much of a fan anymore. The Hart Foundation was my fav as a kid

The Black Donnelly's made it on! I think it ended WAY too early!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back