Netflix Recommendations Thread

I'm looking for a new series to binge watch now that I've finished Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Tell me about--
ZOO
Between
Jericho
American Odyssey

Any of these worthy?

The problem with Jericho is that fans had to fight to get a second season and the writers thought it was a good idea to end that with another cliff hanger.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I really enjoyed Heavy Water War on Netflix. WW2 drama but based on a true story of the Allies attempt to stop the Nazis atomic bomb program.

I'm looking for a new series to binge watch now that I've finished Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Tell me about--
ZOO
Between
Jericho
American Odyssey

Any of these worthy?
American Odyssey was great. It never should have been cancelled after first season. The good news is they didn't end it on a cliffhanger so you'll not be mad with them at the end.

This is what this thread is for!!! Great recommendation for something I would have probably just skipped pasted! (Oh and "Rick and Morty" series One has made in on to Netflix UK , huge fun!!!)

I enjoyed Firefly, Game of Thrones, The Truman Show, Deadpool, The Last Unicorn, Saving Private Ryan, ET, Top Gun & Back to the Future :)

Thank God Netflix has done the business and listed "The Expanse" at last in the UK. Oh Happy Day!!!

PS:
Finished!!! Damn I can't believe where they finished the series but I guess with season two in the bag and some plot overlaps between the books It was the right thing to do! What a show though, it beat my expectations and by some!! Hope "Dark Matter" gets a UK release now! I watch more Netflix than any other channel these days. These last few weeks have been excellent.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to get through ZOO before I move on to Luke Cage. I can't really say that I would recommend ZOO as it is fairly ass stupid, but I've only got 3 episodes left, so I'm committed to finishing season 2.

Any opinions out there on Hulu? I've never had the service, I'm a Netflix member, but I see now that Hulu is running a special of $5.99/month (for one year, then it goes up to $7.99/month) for their baseline package--which, unfortunately, includes commercials. I'm not a fan of commercials, but the price is enticing, as I sometimes struggle to find something good to watch on Netflix.

So, do you like Hulu? If you also have the baseline package which includes commercials, are they kept to a minimum, or are they as frequent and intrusive as they are on network television?

Thanks,

The Wook

I'd be interested to hear this as well. Netflix just isn't doing it for me. I want movies. Not original programming and crummy old tv shows.

Any opinions out there on Hulu? I've never had the service, I'm a Netflix member, but I see now that Hulu is running a special of $5.99/month (for one year, then it goes up to $7.99/month) for their baseline package--which, unfortunately, includes commercials. I'm not a fan of commercials, but the price is enticing, as I sometimes struggle to find something good to watch on Netflix.

So, do you like Hulu? If you also have the baseline package which includes commercials, are they kept to a minimum, or are they as frequent and intrusive as they are on network television?

Thanks,

The Wook

I have Netflix and Hulu. I bounce back an between the two of them depending on what I'm feeling at the moment. I like to keep up on regular TV programming so I think Hulu is definitely worth it. They occasionally have some really good movies too!

Caught Black Mirror a week or so back and I thought it was alright. I've always just been okay with the previous series (I caught it online some years back with friends and we had better time calling out the plot twists than anything else) but of this series, San Juniperino is their best episode. The rest of the season, much like the others in their previous seasons, suffer the same problem for me and it's that they're a bit too on the nose and the stories lack a certain humanity to it. In place of a solid, emotional, human center to the themes it wants to explore, it's more content with almost cartoonish caricatures.

On the plus side, a pretty good mini-series I caught was an Australian show called Glitch. It's pretty solid throughout and there's some great performances delivered (Episode 4 with Kirstie is superb). It wraps up a bit too convenient and quickly towards the end but it's a good watch, nonetheless.

Also caught series 3 of The Fall. This is just a decent show for anyone not caught it. It's a bit dragged out, one-note, and also wraps up too cleanly but Gilian Anderson is still hot and until Happy Valley gets another series, this'll do.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back