Nerf Gun Props? YES!

I always thought Nerf guns would make good conversion props. A little paint here, some changes here, and add a few parts here..........then your done.

I learned today that a nerf rocket launcher was used in The Incredible Hulk! I surfed on over to the IMFDB to see, and sure enough:

Vlcsnap-223304.jpg

Nerf_Titan_04.JPG

Obviously it's been modded to death, and looks nothing like a nerf gun anymore. Which I think is very cool.

A couple shots of the new paintjob on my thunderstrike. I removed all traces of "Nerf" and "Thunderstrike" and I also sanded down some crazy looking textures on the body of the gun. And added a Raider sliding stock.

painted1.jpg

painted2.jpg

I'm also adding a metal barrel so it looks a bit more real, since this will be set dressing as part of the wall arsenal for the cyberpunk flick.

painted3.jpg

Here she is in components. I still have some work to do on her. Weathering, and a red dot scope.

painted4.jpg

I learned today that a nerf rocket launcher was used in The Incredible Hulk! I surfed on over to the IMFDB to see, and sure enough:

Vlcsnap-223304.jpg

Nerf_Titan_04.JPG

Obviously it's been modded to death, and looks nothing like a nerf gun anymore. Which I think is very cool.

That is really cool ;) I bet it still cost the studio 1,000 to get it!

A couple shots of the new paintjob on my thunderstrike. I removed all traces of "Nerf" and "Thunderstrike" and I also sanded down some crazy looking textures on the body of the gun. And added a Raider sliding stock.

painted1.jpg

painted2.jpg

I'm also adding a metal barrel so it looks a bit more real, since this will be set dressing as part of the wall arsenal for the cyberpunk flick.

painted3.jpg

Here she is in components. I still have some work to do on her. Weathering, and a red dot scope.

painted4.jpg

Nice job! I gotta figue out why I'm not seeing them locally yet. Are the just at TRU stores?

painted1.jpg

painted2.jpg

painted3.jpg

painted4.jpg

Raider sliding stock, as in the Nerf Raider?
That's pretty awesome.

So you're not selling of these huh?

Stuff from this weeks batch...enjoy

Ok, so these first few are airsoft, but I thought that would be ok.. ;)
The front is obviously not done, but it's close!
IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

Nerf Barricade Semi-auto
IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

Rattler Supersoaker
IMG_5969.jpg

Finished Maverick in a Steampunk style
IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

Nerf Stampede - Full auto w/ 35rd drum. This is not quite finished..
stampederedstripe.jpg

Another WIP Shotgun for HvZ games
IMG_5972.jpg

thanks for looking! If you're interested in ordering something, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Brian

I just recently made this Fallout 3 style Sawed-Off Shotgun prop from a Bumblebee double barrel shotgun. It even ejects the shotgun shells!

You are a painting machine Brian, really nice work. Don't suppose there's any chance of a basic painting tutorial for us lesser mortals (obviously without giving up any of your "Trade Secrets")?

Roughneckone:cool

You are a painting machine Brian, really nice work. Don't suppose there's any chance of a basic painting tutorial for us lesser mortals (obviously without giving up any of your "Trade Secrets")?

I wish I could put together something that would be original, but honestly there are people who have done it better that I ever could on YouTube and other places. I'm self-taught so my techniques are probably a little unconventional in some areas. When I have time I may be able to hand over a few brush techniques, I'll just have to pay attention to what I'm doing..hehe

I wish I could put together something that would be original, but honestly there are people who have done it better that I ever could on YouTube and other places. I'm self-taught so my techniques are probably a little unconventional in some areas. When I have time I may be able to hand over a few brush techniques, I'll just have to pay attention to what I'm doing..hehe
I would say that the work you have shown us here is up there with virtually any other weapon paint jobs I've seen around TBH.
The fact that you can create realistic (and repeatable) paint jobs speaks volumes as to your skill I would say. I realise that there are many other paint technique sources on the Splinternet, I just like the results you get time after time!!! Any techniques you felt you could pass on in the fullness of time I'm sure would be most gratefully received.

I really love your finished Stampede BTW, I have one just like that sitting next to my workbench right now (with the addition of a Longshot scope), waiting to be modded up and painted, if it ends up looking half as good as yours I'll be well chuffed!
I can see that you "De-Nerfed" it badge moulding wise but did you sand off the moulded Digi Camo effect on the Stampede as well or is it just hidden in the paint?

I would say that the work you have shown us here is up there with virtually any other weapon paint jobs I've seen around TBH.
The fact that you can create realistic (and repeatable) paint jobs speaks volumes as to your skill I would say. I realise that there are many other paint technique sources on the Splinternet, I just like the results you get time after time!!! Any techniques you felt you could pass on in the fullness of time I'm sure would be most gratefully received.

I really love your finished Stampede BTW, I have one just like that sitting next to my workbench right now (with the addition of a Longshot scope), waiting to be modded up and painted, if it ends up looking half as good as yours I'll be well chuffed!
I can see that you "De-Nerfed" it badge moulding wise but did you sand off the moulded Digi Camo effect on the Stampede as well or is it just hidden in the paint?

You have my word I'll come up with something soon! Probably a video so I don't have to type a lot, hehe!

I'm kind of amazed that I keep up the pace that I've been at, but I realized I wouldn't get anywhere just doing a few guns here and there. The other motivator is a recent divorce and my desire to make sure I have a good enough income to still have my own home and make sure I can see my kids just as often as I can. It's been a blessing, honestly and at some point I hope the work will be noticed by more people needing that kind of "skill". In the mean-time, I'm just happy to have something to do that brings in extra money and in a way, I feel like I'm getting paid to practice. Words of encouragement like yours and the other great people on here really keep me wanting to top my last project and that can't be anything but good, right? :)

Good luck with you Stampede and I hope you'll post the results when you have a chance as well!

These look awesome!

Can you give a short tutorial on how you repaint these? That would be great! I'm an absolute beginner regarding this and I'd love to try it myself. Thanks!

You have my word I'll come up with something soon! Probably a video so I don't have to type a lot, hehe!

I'm kind of amazed that I keep up the pace that I've been at, but I realized I wouldn't get anywhere just doing a few guns here and there. The other motivator is a recent divorce and my desire to make sure I have a good enough income to still have my own home and make sure I can see my kids just as often as I can. It's been a blessing, honestly and at some point I hope the work will be noticed by more people needing that kind of "skill". In the mean-time, I'm just happy to have something to do that brings in extra money and in a way, I feel like I'm getting paid to practice. Words of encouragement like yours and the other great people on here really keep me wanting to top my last project and that can't be anything but good, right? :)

Good luck with you Stampede and I hope you'll post the results when you have a chance as well!
LOL, thanks a video would be great (picture paints a thousand words, etc) :thumbsup.

Need for cash can certainly be a great motivator, but enjoying what you do is always a better one I think and it certainly looks like you're enjoying yourself with these paint jobs.

I think most of us try to learn from each project and do better on the next one (don't always succeed though, :lol), so you're right that isn't anything but good.

For sure I'll post some shots of my Stampede when I get to working on it it. Busy re-vamping a Hasbro Boba Fett EE-3 at the moment but I'm not as quick as you plus this is more of a re-build than a re-paint so it might take me some time yet:eek.

Some new shots of the thunderstike all dolled up.

TS1fin.jpg

TS2fin.jpg

TS3fin.jpg

TS5fin.jpg

I created some 20 guage prop shells for her too.

Little better shot of the weathering.

TS4fin.jpg

Also, I've started on the mods for the other super soakers, and I went out and picked up the tornado strike too.

I'm planning heavy mods for these. The tornado strike will have an extended barrel, and I'll be adding something to the front of the grip to make it look more realistic.

It doesn't have a trigger, so I'll be adding a trigger too.

Tornadophoto.jpg

The point break is very Judge Dredd, so I'm thinking about adding some electronics and lights, and will probably go very worn and weathered metallic on the finish.

pointbrk1.jpg

pointbrkphoto.jpg

pointbrk2.jpg

J.A. I really dig that robocop pistol in Olive Drab and black. That looks fantastic! The rattler looks cool too. Those are very seburo looking. Did I post that already?

:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back