Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Thanks, Crimson Prime. There's no magazine (or drum) in the gun I'm trying to work on. Just solid. It helps that it doesn't need extreme disassembling. I've fiddled with the Maverick before, and it takes a lot more work to disassemble that.

I've repainted a couple of flintlocks, Nerf guns, etc, but nothing to the skill of the rest of y'all.

Good luck! You can also look for the 18 round drum mentioned above if it might still be considered SA. It looks very cool on this gun :)

These are such great mods, I was a little hesitant to show this one. I hope you don't mind if I incorporate some of these ideas in future stuff that I do.

This is my first Nerf mod. I called it the Maven (not that it really knows anything, but it was an easy mod on the body).
I disassembled the Maverick for painting and sanded down the logo and warning info. I did this before knowing about AR mods and spring replacements, so it's all stock internals.
I filed the stops on the chamber to let it open more. I used the end of a Buzzbee lever action rifle for the barrel extension. The barrel support is a piece of 1/8" acrylic sheet, painted and glued on.

Gareee, I like the idea of Nerfs being able to retain functionality after modding. I realize that sometimes it's not possible with some mods.

These are such great mods, I was a little hesitant to show this one. I hope you don't mind if I incorporate some of these ideas in future stuff that I do.

This is my first Nerf mod. I called it the Maven (not that it really knows anything, but it was an easy mod on the body).
I disassembled the Maverick for painting and sanded down the logo and warning info. I did this before knowing about AR mods and spring replacements, so it's all stock internals.
I filed the stops on the chamber to let it open more. I used the end of a Buzzbee lever action rifle for the barrel extension. The barrel support is a piece of 1/8" acrylic sheet, painted and glued on.

Gareee, I like the idea of Nerfs being able to retain functionality after modding. I realize that sometimes it's not possible with some mods.

Very cool idea, I like how it came out. Now that I have a beefy band saw at my disposal, I'm hoping to start using up the huge box of parts to add on to future projects :)

Just a couple little side guns I did to fill up time. The mav is pretty plain to allow someone to add their own gizmos. the little 3-shot is from buzzbee

IMG_6876.jpg

IMG_6875.jpg

IMG_6880.jpg

IMG_6878.jpg

new project...this was how it started out. Very cool gun and the sounds and LEDs built in are pretty cool for making into a prop.

IMG_6855-1.jpg

other stuff..

Recon/Longstrike/Raider frankenstein gun :)
ReconLongstrikeWIP1Custom.jpg

Special Unit 2 Replica Commission
SpecialUnitTwoPistol1.jpg

Stainless Steel Maverick Commission
StainlessSteelMaverickforSam1.jpg

Samus's gun from Metroid Commission
WIP
MetroidBlasterCustomWIP3.jpg

Done
MetroidBlasterCustom.jpg

Longlas custom commission and a SS Shotgun side project
LonglasandShotgunSoakerWIP.jpg

Firefly WIP
FireflyWIP1.jpg

Ebony and Ivory Desert Eagle Clones (she was on a budget)
EbonyandIvoryDesertEagles.jpg

I'm always doing commissons, so please let me know if you have something you need painted up :)
johnsonarms76@gmail.com
http://johnsonarms.wordpress.com/

Last edited:
Stuff from today..hope the phone photos came out decent :)

iPhone4 Otterbox, just for fun

IMG_2986.jpg

Stampedes Akimbo style :)

IMG_2984.jpg

Laser Tag Pistol

LaserTagMartynWIP.jpg

Lanard X8's going under the knife..

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

No explanation on this one..I was getting punchy ;)

IMG_2990.jpg

Little cap gun for my Brother

IMG_2991.jpg

Thanks,

Brian

johnsonarms.wordpress.com

Wow those guns are sick..

I am thinking about making a Batman Grappling Launcher from a nerf gun. Think it could be done? Any tips on what to use as a core? Does it have to cock - No but it would be kool. Does it have to fire - no but that would also be nice.

grapplegun01new.jpg

PM me if need be.

Wow those guns are sick..

I am thinking about making a Batman Grappling Launcher from a nerf gun. Think it could be done? Any tips on what to use as a core? Does it have to cock - No but it would be kool. Does it have to fire - no but that would also be nice.

grapplegun01new.jpg

PM me if need be.

Cool idea! You might look at the Nerf Scout with some kind of extension grafted on the end of the barrell. I'll look forward to seeing what ya do!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back