Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Can you dye the nerf bullets? I'm modding the clear green Vulcan, and the orange bullets look bad with the green. (I'll be adding some kind of lighting.)

Also, has anyone taken the nerf bullet strip apart? Any tips?
I'll also need to dye the bright orange nylon strap it came with to black as well.

Here's one of mine. I call it the E-65 Caliber. The base is a buzzbee doubleshot gun, the boba style barrel is scratch built from 2" PVC, Resin T-tracks, little resin details and paint job with desert weathering. Enjoy

Really nice custom job there, Variant! I'm all for a really flaming, well thought out and executed repaint like the one that Hypercats posted (one of my fave that I've ever seen.) But it's really nice to see such a solid heavily customized effort.

I instantly recognized the base gun (one MIGHT live in the footwell of the passenger seat of my Nissan) but you've made it something totally new, and something totally cohesive in design. Vera Nice. =)

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. If you don't mind me asking what are the brand/vintage of the dart pistol and revolver in the above pictures?

It sure has been, I've got some more photos to post in a moment ;) This is the Lanard X-8 and there's another one with the magazine called the Lanard Shell Shock X-6. Both are currently sold, but they sell them in some odd-sounding stores that are not in Florida. You can find them marked up on Amazon.com if you can't find it elsewhere :) Good luck!

Can you dye the nerf bullets? I'm modding the clear green Vulcan, and the orange bullets look bad with the green. (I'll be adding some kind of lighting.)

Also, has anyone taken the nerf bullet strip apart? Any tips?
I'll also need to dye the bright orange nylon strap it came with to black as well.

Not sure the foam will take the dye, but it's worth trying the RID or something for dying dashboards of cars. Let me know how it goes. I would suggest buying a bunch of the digital camo or black foam/oranger tip darts, they look better anyways :)

To distress or not distress. I looked thru some gun mags, for inspiration, before painting this and I like the look as it is. Should I age it or leave it be?
2011_06_19Pictures008.jpg

Funny thing, can you see that little spot of orange? I took this apart and painted everything I thought you could see thru the gaps in a contrasting color. But I missed part of the trigger mechanism. Oh well. :)

To distress or not distress. I looked thru some gun mags, for inspiration, before painting this and I like the look as it is. Should I age it or leave it be?
2011_06_19Pictures008.jpg

Funny thing, can you see that little spot of orange? I took this apart and painted everything I thought you could see thru the gaps in a contrasting color. But I missed part of the trigger mechanism. Oh well. :)

Looking great! Ya, there's always a spot of orange somewhere. It's part of the fun! Wait, no it's not...but there, non the less ;)

Johnson, is that 1911 the little green pistol from Walmart? Does that rail come off? If so, what does it look like under it? I need two 1911's, and that would probably be the cheapest alternative to airsofts....Thanks man! :D

I'm pretty sure that's the same one I have Jodo, the 92f's that I did that are back on page 2. I've been looking for some decently cheap 1911's too, so far the best I've found are some $10-$13 airsoft guns on Amazon. I've decided to use those for my costume rather than the 92f's.

I just finished my first Nerf repaints. I figured I would post them here instead of starting a new thread. Hope that's okay.
There's nothing all that original with these, I'm just imitating the great work I'd seen done by others. But they were fun to do and I'm happy with the way they turned out.
I've got several more in the works...

Great looking stuff! Thanks for sharing and all the detail on the builds :)

Johnson, is that 1911 the little green pistol from Walmart? Does that rail come off? If so, what does it look like under it? I need two 1911's, and that would probably be the cheapest alternative to airsofts....Thanks man! :D

Actually those are airsoft, but they're pretty reasonable. Check in the airsoft isle!

Great looking stuff! Thanks for sharing and all the detail on the builds :)

Thanks! Any advice on what to use as a sealer to protect these paint jobs?
(P.S. I went back to the beginning of this thread and read about why you don't usually sand off logos or fill in screw holes, and it totally makes sense for your situation)

A friend of mine posted this thread on facebook today.......I read every post lol. Amazing work everyone. Absolutely amazing.

Now I'm off to view the rest of the forum :)

A ton of good work on here folks. I am looking forward to starting my mods soon. I think I want to work on a longstrike, as a kind of futuristic sniper rifle. Are the prices about the same everywhere, or do they differ from store to store?

Wanted to give it a shot before I wasted too much money lol. $2.00 spray paint (x3) and a $3.00 water gun. I have a ton of learning to do as well as a ton of trial and error....but it was fun. :)

263461_221045907928654_100000697405222_753444_1960820_n.jpg

Great work here. As there have been a few mods, I thought I would throw my hat into the ring for modding toy guns into props.

Here is a Warhammer 40k flamer made from a Buzz Bee Clip Tek gun.
IMG_20110620_224053.jpg

IMG_20110620_224105.jpg

IMG_20110620_133610.jpg

It started life as this...
2995611_raw.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back