Necronomicon from the new EVIL DEAD movie

I+agree+with+you+i+personally+don+t.+I+prefer+girls+_85c6470c60c341d70f117c00aac48be0.jpg

Avolow.

I miss the face, But I love the look of the "skin." It's a bit more realistic, though it does seem a little too pristine for an ancient tome.

Not only it looks pristine, it looks also fake. The stitches are all so clean, so straight, you don't feel they are pieces stitched and forced together with some tension points, it's just flat pieces glued down there. It's bland, and the lack of the face, which gave it so much horrible stories to be told, makes me kinda afraid for the movie.
So, right now you're telling yourself " god, another hater ". Maybe. But the original movie had some sense of very dark fantasy in it ( the corpse dance, the moving trees and the cursed forest, the magical book with the face on it ), like a children's tale who went very wrong. That fantasy made that the " Evild Dead touch ". In the trailer, or with this prop, I don't feel that fantasy; It's just plain horror. That's what I'm afraid of. :/

I like the fact the top of the book has hairs still attached to the skin. However it doesn't look as iconic - now it's just another run of the mill 'bound in human skin' book of evil.

I started one, but never got past cutting the leather for the front cover. I might pick it back up though after I get to see the film.

Avolow.

i will try to make some pages from the Naturom Demonto with the awesome Art, when i finished one page i will show pics of it.

I do not think I'm doing the entire book at the moment, maybe later this year

My understanding is that ANY necro made that has a "face", Tom Sullivan will come after you citing infringement on his license, this is probably why they didn't do one with a face this time.

I made a mini-Necronomicon. lol Took a pocket size composition notebook as a base then sculpted the cover. Lightly fired it and ended up with this necro.jpg

So does anyone here have any information on the book in the movie? It looks really thick, I'm curious how many pages it has in. I've caught a few times in the film and caps where the pages seem to be duplicates also. Trying to gather up as much info as I can to start on one of these.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back