National Treasure

Yes. The other cards are expired credit cards of mine. One is a Master Card and the bottom is a clear plastic American Express.

Any plans to make a complete wallet prop of Gates with other cards?!? Oh yeah, and I like to have one of your Ben Gates IDs, in the middle of next week, if thats ok... :)

Took a trip to the National Archives. After a quick purchase and a little photoshop, I was left with the following paper prop I wanted to share.

It is the credit card receipt for the Declaration Ben purchases at the Gala. It is based on a real receipt I received.

Notice the date on it is the 70th anniversary of the creation of the Archives (Ben purchases the Declaration at the 70th Anniversary Gala). Also, the time says 8:59 PM. To arrive at this number, I timed how long it took Ben to get to the store from 8:57, the last time we see on Riley's screen.

While lifesize Declarations in real life are only $8.50, I made it the $35 as seen in the film. While Ben does say "$35 plus tax," I didn't add it as things sold in the archives did not actually add tax to the original cost on the reciept.

Finally, you will notice Ben has used his trusty Visa for the purchase.

Hope you like it. Just open in any image editing software, size it properly and print away on thin paper:

DECLGATESREC.jpg
[/

Good Job!

Took a trip to the National Archives. After a quick purchase and a little photoshop, I was left with the following paper prop I wanted to share.

It is the credit card receipt for the Declaration Ben purchases at the Gala. It is based on a real receipt I received.

Notice the date on it is the 70th anniversary of the creation of the Archives (Ben purchases the Declaration at the 70th Anniversary Gala). Also, the time says 8:59 PM. To arrive at this number, I timed how long it took Ben to get to the store from 8:57, the last time we see on Riley's screen.

While lifesize Declarations in real life are only $8.50, I made it the $35 as seen in the film. While Ben does say "$35 plus tax," I didn't add it as things sold in the archives did not actually add tax to the original cost on the reciept.

Finally, you will notice Ben has used his trusty Visa for the purchase.

Hope you like it. Just open in any image editing software, size it properly and print away on thin paper:

DECLGATESREC.jpg
[/

I don't know if the URL for the online store should be on there. I believe stores associated with public parks and national sites were fairly late to become fully integrated with Web 2.0 and the sales revolution.

I don't know if the URL for the online store should be on there. I believe stores associated with public parks and national sites were fairly late to become fully integrated with Web 2.0 and the sales revolution.

I see your point, but this is an unseen prop so I think it's okay to keep it in there.

just to clear it up, thegreatgalling postet an original sales check, this is not an invented one.....so the online adress is on the original one too

And just to clear that up, thegreatgalling posted an original sales check from this year. National Treasure came out in 2004. While 6 years doesn't seem like much, it's a huge difference in Web terms. :)

And just to clear that up, thegreatgalling posted an original sales check from this year. National Treasure came out in 2004. While 6 years doesn't seem like much, it's a huge difference in Web terms. :)

NOW I understand :thumbsup
I really just misunderstood your posting :rolleyes - my bad

Hey, just checked this thread. Special thanks to Fyfe for cleaning up the receipt, def. looks great.

Never thought about the website, it's a good point. It seems like it would be easy just to block that part out for those who agree it shouldn't be there.

Just noticed Fyfe made the Visa number on the receipt match his Visa! AWESOME! :)

Is that an invented number? Did you get a flash of it on the screen?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back