Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

Re: NARCISSUS Part id help

Nuffink unless I can get Davy's excellent IM bucket finished up. Doubt it, not sure I'll even make it to the show at all, too much stuff to do. Got a bunch of Dalek rings cast up tho if you wanna grab some. Middle and lower, top ring still pending. Got more ultrasil for the slats. Need to bin a couple of moulds, summer wasn't kind to them apparently.

Engines need lengthening and angles for the hull are different. Nozzles are good ref though. I'm thinking Shapeways too.

Simon,

Not sure if you have seen the video, but there is a section where Martin Bower talks about the kits used for building the Narc....

Have a look here at the "Alien Makers" (video 1 of 5) from the 40min mark.

Haven't watched it yet Paul as my iPhone/safari won't download it. I'll have a look later if my mac will do it. That site and one other have some great Alien Pix. Thank god they rocked up otherwise we would be strapped for ref pix.

edit just watched that part.so thats 37 kits in total. Didnt have the Katyusha so thats another one.

Last edited:

Holy **** Paul... Just checked my Email...**** mate those are way more than I could have ever asked for. Folks Woodlake here has just emailed me the working drawings for the Narc and I have to say it is the most comprehensive build I have ever seen. I'll try and post a couple of examples but this truly is amazing work. I have to go down load these. Back soon.

Going over all the reference I have I notice a little red 'Ju87B-2' decal on Martin's replica. It seems to match the Airfix 1/24 (recent issue). Now I'm not sure if the kit or decals were used on the original, but it's worth a closer look :)

Anyone have a pre 1979 Ju-87 Stuka kit decals they can scan?

L

OK just a tease. Woodlake has created not only a full set of working drawings but also an assembly instructions sheet of which here is just one page of many.

Lee I'll get onto the Decals after the weekend. i have 5 models to finish for a model show this weekend but i'll get onto it Monday. Good Find on the Stuka!

Last edited:

Thanks Lee. should also note that not all the kits on Bowers shelves were used on the Narc. But there was a couple that were new to me and its a good ref if theres anything i cant find.

shutup8.jpg

wow - thanks guys :$.
A lot of the credit has to go to you though Martyn, as my model and drawings are based on your drawings.

Woodlake - would you like to tackle a studio scale Landspeeder some time after you finish this? I have CAD data... and no cad. LOL.

Thanks for the nod, Woodlake! But it's also very obvious you've taken the time to study the subject. I may end up finding some nitpicks but I can already say they are going to be very minor.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back