My Teddy Bear Barbarian (pics)

fleefromme

so ive been working on the design of this costume for a while and for some reason or another havent started it. well thats gona end very soon. the basic concept of the costume is to wear a teddy bear, or multiple teddy bears, like a barbarian would wear a pelt/pelts. here is my 1st concept drawing:

15559-0806121043a.jpg

this is still a work in progress so ideas and tips would be much appreciated. on top of this costume me and my friends are going to make Scottish version, so if anyone knows how to make kilt that would be very helpful :)

Last edited:
Re: My Teddy Bear Barbarian

so i recently decapitated my bear and disarmed it. i've run into my first problem in this build (this is where all of you come in). i couldn't get the bears head to to keep it shape after i de-stuffed it and put on on my shoulder. so i put some of the stuffing back in, which works fine but i cant keep the stuffing in. i want to keep the stuffing in place so it fits around my shoulder and keeps its shape. tips? ...please?

Re: My Teddy Bear Barbarian (help plz?)

for the shoulder piece issue the best i can come up with making a semi ridges (smaller) shoulder pieces that will line inside of the bear head. what do you think?
i've been looking at my concept drawing and i feel like something is missing suggestions?

get a block of styrofoam from a craft store and carve it to fit inside the bear head to keep its shape and then carve it to fit your shoulder. glue bear head to foam, foam to strap. problem solved

just as test i tried hot gluing the teddy bear fabric and it didnt hold up all that well. so im going to make a shoulder piece (havent decided what to make it out of yet), then mount the teddy bear head to that.
i mostly finished the gauntlets, shin guards, and the vest. right now the vest kinda digs into my neck, so i need to look into solutions.

15752-p1020658.jpg

15751-p1020657.jpg

15750-p1020655.jpg

Last edited:
the two solutions ive come up with to keep the vest from digging into my neck are: cutting the neck bigger or adding a lining. so the question is which will look better. what do you think? new suggestions are also welcome. =D

I would cut the neck a little wider. Looking forward to seeing how this comes out. You should have a couple teddy bear carcasses hanging from your belt too, like animal skins

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back