My take on the Rankin & Bass Heat Miser! Oompa Loompa Pics Added!

Re: My take on the Rankin & Bass Heat Miser!

Its funny babe, but I think he looks so much better up close and in person. Even still, I think the Heat Miser is my new favorite...sorry Oompa Loompa!!

Re: My take on the Rankin & Bass Heat Miser!

Its funny babe, but I think he looks so much better up close and in person. Even still, I think the Heat Miser is my new favorite...sorry Oompa Loompa!!

I have to agree, that Heat Miser really turned out great!!

-B89! :love

Yay! Someone else from the ATL!! Actually and sadly, Beeb lives in NC. He has a freelance business with his best friend in Greensboro. Up until July of last year we lived an hour from each other. My stepfather was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I had to move to Georgia to help him and my mom run their business.

But I am happy to report that it won't be much longer before Mr and Mrs Beeb89 will be officially married and living in the same house SOON!!

How do you bake the Sculpey (or whatever clay) when its on the plastic head? Doesn't it melt the head plastic?

PS - The Heat miser is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

Tyler, you can bake the sculpey on the head or body on the lowest setting on your oven, approximately 150-170 degrees. For about 2 or 3 times as long as what is suggested on the package. The vinyl does get soft, but not enough to melt or deform.

Laffo, thank you for the invitation! We would love to come and see a movie! I haven't been to a Drive-In in years!! We live north, outside the loop. Where is your Drive-In? I think the last movie we went to was the Avatar movie at the IMAX in Buford. That was my first IMAX experience and although I wasn't as impressed with the movie as I thought I would be, I really enjoyed being in the IMAX theater.

Karey

Wow, that's an incredible version of one of my favorite characters. My wife and I even made Miser Brothers costumes for Halloween a few years back. :)

Can't wait to see your take on Snowy...

Wow, there are a lot of people on here from Atlanta! I am sure you guys hook up all the time. We would love to participate in your next get-together!

I would love to see your pictures of you and your wife in the costumes if you wouldn't mind sharing!!

Karey

Tyler, you can bake the sculpey on the head or body on the lowest setting on your oven, approximately 150-170 degrees. For about 2 or 3 times as long as what is suggested on the package. The vinyl does get soft, but not enough to melt or deform.

Fascinating. How well does the Sculpey "weld" to the vinyl? Will it break off if flexed?

Mac,

It sticks pretty well but sometimes pieces have popped off. All you have to do is super glue them back on. I've never had an issue with cracking because as soon as the vinyl cools off, it isn't that flexible.

:D - Karey

Wow, there are a lot of people on here from Atlanta! I am sure you guys hook up all the time. We would love to participate in your next get-together!

I would love to see your pictures of you and your wife in the costumes if you wouldn't mind sharing!!

Karey

I just joined, so I had no idea there were so many Atlantans on RPF.

I will see if I can find a photo. That party (back in days before kids) was, fortunately or unfortunately, one where heavy drinking precluded good photo taking. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back