My Prop collection

Can you post some pictures of the front and back of the Tomtit cylidners on your Leia RotJ blaster please? I can't figure out how to get the half cylinder part to fit properly. Seems too sit too high up.

Not sure what you need to see....

I didn´t used my real tomtits as i wanted it metal, so i made me one from alu.

ROTJDDC001_zps839d03db.png

It sits centered on the barrel. Made from one piece and not halves, Cut as deep as i thought would look correct (after all i think i could have left 1mm more material to get the edge deeper on the receiver).

ROTJDDC012_zpsbe67f131.png

Yesterday a new toy came in. :cool

20160617_205439_zpsxfo7xkfq.png

And together with some friends:

20160617_211010_zpsw5yqv4c6.png

To bad the frontcaps are not easily interchangeable - would love to swap the clear from the new scope with the scope from the bowcaster. :cry

I know what you mean. Tried it myself several times, very hard to remove without damage, break easy, and very hard to get back in!

Guess what happened over time - the last pic is from today. :D

First pic i made some time ago:

IMG_20151117_161013_zpsxsft7u8j.png

Later i was able to make a updated pic:

20160405_180613_zpswgvnozmq.png

And today:

20161219_205223_zpsn354imcl.png

No, i´m not talking regarding having finally stored stuff away from the workbenches and cleaned the room. ;) (and the stunt is not on the pic this time, but still not finished.)

Do you still have my knobs you received from Jerry? Might need them soon.

And I am ENVY...but you already knew this, right :lol !?

Do you still have my knobs you received from Jerry? Might need them soon.

No, unfortunately i didn´t found them after cleaning the room.

Just kidding. ;)

They are really worn out, i will try today to see if i can clean them up to make them shine a little bit more. Otherwise ... do you need them that way for a special project?

And I am ENVY...but you already knew this, right :lol !?

You ... envy ..... for WHAT? :eek I have nothing you don´t have several times more, plus all the stuff you have and i don´t. :wacko

...for the nice lot of Kalimar cameras you´ve collected. Would like the idea of displaying one along with the hero Macros.

PLUS, you´ve got a R2D2 in the works. One of my dream props :cool

Displaying a Kalimar in it´s original condition is one of the reasons i collect them as i did. And maybe i will build 2 one painted like on screen, and one as we see them usual build.

I have no R2 "in the works" just started buying some parts ;), Dome and Skins, and a frame on order, maybe some alu legs soon and/or some utility arms (going CSR doesn´t help or makes it cheaper). I don´t even know yet where to display him (same problem as with all my props, all stored away in the basement, only the lightsabers are displayed). I hope my wife finds a place for him when he is build - but atm. her answer on my question "where to put him" is usually "build a BB8 and i find a place for that. :wacko

Regarding your knobs from Jerry - do you need them as used looking they are? Want to paint or weather them?
Otherwise i would throw them in my storage bins, and give you a much more shiney set from one of my Kalimars.

Did you fabricate the lens plate for the stunt Macros?

"Fabricate" is to much - it´s just a thick alu plate with some rounded corners, 3 small holes drilled, and 2 big holes for the lens mounting (with some M2 drilled and tapped holes). Nothing one couldn´t do with a drillpress and some handtools.

But i´m not sure if i will keep the alu plate. Already have some thick Acryl, i´m just not sure what was used. From the pics i have seen both is possible.

Only thing I reckon I'd have trouble with would be boring the two large holes for the lenses.

Only thing I reckon I'd have trouble with would be boring the two large holes for the lenses.

You only need a drillpress and a set of HSS holesaws. Nothing needed within a few mm, it´s ok if you get the needed clearance.

Or draw the needed circle on the alu, drill around with a small drill and saw between the holes (the more small holes the easier). Then a little cleanup, and ready you are.

Forgot about this thread for some time. :facepalm

Something i wanted to do for a long time - a crossknurled brass screw for my ANH-Vader. While searching my boxes for something else i found a old unused one with straight knurling, turned that away and put new knurling on it.

20170212_202824_zpsjfu36ksb.jpg

20170212_202814_zpsheabscof.jpg

And i decided not to rely on glue only for the control box of my TFA:

20170211_230253_zps5uq9peuk.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back