My New Series Doctor Who Tardis Build (image heavy)

Loved your build and it was a great guide to help me with mine along with Bill "The Doctor" Rudloff's notes, the official TARDIS guide, and a scaled image of the current BBC center TARDIS. You had some great notes for someone who who was just starting out with wood working. I have most of my build on my website Four in the TARDIS | All of the adventures you did and did not want to know about and I will be migrating the build to the RPF over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for posting your detailed build.

Loved your build and it was a great guide to help me with mine along with Bill "The Doctor" Rudloff's notes, the official TARDIS guide, and a scaled image of the current BBC center TARDIS. You had some great notes for someone who who was just starting out with wood working. I have most of my build on my website Four in the TARDIS | All of the adventures you did and did not want to know about and I will be migrating the build to the RPF over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for posting your detailed build.

Thanks.. Nice build you have there. Lots of photos at dragoncon for sure.

Re: My New Series Dr Who Tardis Build (image heavy)

Whew, it was a race getting the build done enough for my prop party. I have more photos to put up, but thought I'd show this series of assembly photos taken when we were moving it outside.

assembly-01.jpg
assembly-02.jpg
assembly-03.jpg

assembly-04.jpg
assembly-05.jpg
assembly-06.jpg

assembly-07.jpg
assembly-08.jpg
assembly-09.jpg

assembly-10.jpg
assembly-11.jpg
Fantastic, absolutely fantastic :)
I would liketo build one like this up then, i hope so turns out like this because this is totally realistic and beautiful, Totally the original one :D Nice work :)

Re: My New Series Dr Who Tardis Build (image heavy)

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic :)
I would liketo build one like this up then, i hope so turns out like this because this is totally realistic and beautiful, Totally the original one :D Nice work :)

Thanks. Much appriciated.

Very nice job, it looks amazing, one of the most accurate/best looking I've seen. I'm currently planning to build a small, scaled down model of the tardis but I'm still stuck on the plans. I've been going back and forth trying to figure out the dimensions to make it as accurate as possible in terms of the ratio of height to width and size of the doors, panels, etc. I was wondering if you have any blueprints that you used that has the dimensions of everything and if you might be willing to share it? So then I could try and take those dimensions and scale it down to the size I'm planning on making but still keep the ratio intact. I understand if you no longer have them or if you want to keep it to yourself because of how hard you worked but I thought I'd go ahead, give it a shot and ask. Thank you and again, well done on your tardis build!

Very nice job, it looks amazing, one of the most accurate/best looking I've seen. I'm currently planning to build a small, scaled down model of the tardis but I'm still stuck on the plans. I've been going back and forth trying to figure out the dimensions to make it as accurate as possible in terms of the ratio of height to width and size of the doors, panels, etc. I was wondering if you have any blueprints that you used that has the dimensions of everything and if you might be willing to share it? So then I could try and take those dimensions and scale it down to the size I'm planning on making but still keep the ratio intact. I understand if you no longer have them or if you want to keep it to yourself because of how hard you worked but I thought I'd go ahead, give it a shot and ask. Thank you and again, well done on your tardis build!

Send an email to the sig in my address.

Rebelscum, i have been looking around for the past few weeks, and have come up with my own design, plans and measurements for a New Series Tardis build which I am starting tomorrow. I have spent the last hour or so reading ... no studying this thread and watching your progress and work on this build.

Amazing, absolutely flawless. Some of your techniques i had incorporated into my plans (in similar fashion)... others blew me away, and I may have to rethink some of my upcoming work.

Your shop is much better equipped than mine but I will give it a go just the same, I can only hope to come close to what you accomplished.

Rebelscum, i have been looking around for the past few weeks, and have come up with my own design, plans and measurements for a New Series Tardis build which I am starting tomorrow. I have spent the last hour or so reading ... no studying this thread and watching your progress and work on this build.

Amazing, absolutely flawless. Some of your techniques i had incorporated into my plans (in similar fashion)... others blew me away, and I may have to rethink some of my upcoming work.

Your shop is much better equipped than mine but I will give it a go just the same, I can only hope to come close to what you accomplished.

Thanks. It's a lot of woodworking to get it done, but it is very satisfying to do so. Enjoy your build!

Holy cow...! (sorry new here and first post)
Ever since I've seen a few builds on the Interwebs, the wife and I have been toying with the idea of making a Tardis bookcase. Of course nothing like yours but I must say reading this thread has given a me few ideas towards starting my own little build (and scared the living daylights out of me).

I do have a question, if you don't mind another one... Looking at your overall build drawing, the only reference to scale is the 60 inch base. Do you have any more with a bit more info as far as scale/ratio available? Since my own build won't be square like a proper Tardis, but more of a rectangular shape. Still in the research phase, just want to do my best to have as accurate Tardis (10th or 11th don't know which yet) considering it won't be square.

Anyway, love your build it's simply amazing. Great workshop also, seeing all those tools (and space) must make things oh so easy. Was a very interesting read, one that needs a few more for sure.

Holy cow...! (sorry new here and first post)
Ever since I've seen a few builds on the Interwebs, the wife and I have been toying with the idea of making a Tardis bookcase. Of course nothing like yours but I must say reading this thread has given a me few ideas towards starting my own little build (and scared the living daylights out of me).

I do have a question, if you don't mind another one... Looking at your overall build drawing, the only reference to scale is the 60 inch base. Do you have any more with a bit more info as far as scale/ratio available? Since my own build won't be square like a proper Tardis, but more of a rectangular shape. Still in the research phase, just want to do my best to have as accurate Tardis (10th or 11th don't know which yet) considering it won't be square.

Anyway, love your build it's simply amazing. Great workshop also, seeing all those tools (and space) must make things oh so easy. Was a very interesting read, one that needs a few more for sure.

Send me an email to my address below.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back