My HIC Poker Table.

Wake up Post!

Ok,,,, Back to work.

I'm on the home stretch of this project. I painted and installed the doors earlier this week. I painted them the same silver as Mr Solo to make a nice contrast. But, after looking at them installed, I thought this table deserves better.

73c7437a.jpg

So, in keeping with the theme I thought what would boba fett's poker table look like??? Here's where we ended up with that.......

551bed12.jpg

First the yellow......
f21e5b35.jpg

Then the green........
d307f3b9.jpg

BAM!

Next up I wanted to add more "Boba" to the doors.....

Got some tracing paper and got my bantha skull

3d76be0d.jpg

To transfer the logo, you just trace the back side with a lead pencil. then you lay it on your surface and trace it again. by pressing down on your template, it then transfers it onto your material.

14a1a91e.jpg

d61fb9fd.jpg

Last up, I took my paint pens and colored it in.

94284bec.jpg

Just like any paint, the paint pen requires a couple of coats. but you get the idea....

More to come!!

Looks great Chris! Is the colored material on the base end caps just Plexi? or something else?

Yup.... 1/8" orange. It's transparent, so I had to sand the backside with my sander. This way it still glowed but wasn't see-through

OK, back to work. *I am looking to finish this sucker in the next couple of days, so here we go.......

Not much to put out on this post, but the panels are built and being primered. *Now I know there are some of you that just cringed when you saw my panels. *It's OK. *Relax.... Breath in.... *and remember this is a custom project. *

So if you didn't notice, the faces of my panels were put in reversed. *therefore everything is flip-floped as far as canon goes.

This was done because either
A) I put these in when I was too tired to be working.
B) It's a custom project and different is sometimes good
C) It proves that I built them myself
D) Sometimes it's the easiest things that trip you up in a project
E) All of the above

If you guessed E then you are correct. *The reality is that once I noticed that they were put in reversed I had already built them. *These panels were more work than the table itself and I was going to learn to like it as-is

ac12f4c4.jpg

c10ea4b6.jpg

Anyhow, more to come tomorrow

:O I so want one as well! My gf keeps whining about that a HIC is too big... but if one would build a living room table of it..... :D
Very nice job! It's gorgeous :)
/D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back