My Dredd 2012 Costume

Love that you're showing it off. Show how you connected the buckle man!

The buckle was a lot easier than I first thought. All I did was buy some webbing to fit in the belt loops & a plastic black buckle like the one below. First off I sewed the webbing to the larger bit of the buckle & then after a few drops of superglue held it in place. While it dried I added a bit more superglue to roll into any extra gaps that got missed. I then used a glue gun to just fill all the gaps around the buckle parts. I've used it several times now & it's as strong as the day I did it.

KH102p2.jpg

I've just completed the weathering of the helmet & buckle. I could have done more on the helmet but didn't want to go over the top, so there's a few bits here and there which are down to the metal.

The badge up close looks like brass now and I'm really pleased. Thinking about doing the name badge too, but it's glued into the vest & I'm a bit worried about not getting it right. But saying that I was about weathering these 2 bits, so hell, I'll fiddle later.

F8DA9BC8-5333-4016-A1E5-BD96E03459A7-18682-00001D377C72036A.jpg

4EC89161-6C0A-419D-A99A-A8E8CAEE925E-18682-00001D37758B4392.jpg

Fantastic outfit! I would advise against using cement as dust, some people have an allergic reaction to it. The stuff used by costumers is fuller's earth ie clay type kitty litter. Just grind it up a bit and of you go. Super cheap too.

Awesome Dredd costume man! GREAT likeness!! You really look the part here..... Hope you have more pics from the party to upload so we can see more! Really well done.... would have loved to have a "face off" staredown with you in my Bane costume if we were at the same party! LOL!! GREAT work!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back