My Darth Vader reveal helmet and bust - project. New headsculpt on post 59

Re: Darth Vader reveal - the first(?) completed custom made Lifesize

Have to say Trap Joe I'm not a fan of that Anakin head sculpt - the whole expression just seems a little odd, perhaps forced - kind of like the uncanny valley look you get with photoreal cg faces. I much prefer the Illusive sculpt. Hope you aren't offended, just my opinion.

I love seeing the rest of your work and would love to see more of the reveal build up's/ finished shots and your construction comments. You've done an outstanding job.

Have to say Trap Joe I'm not a fan of that Anakin head sculpt - the whole expression just seems a little odd, perhaps forced - kind of like the uncanny valley look you get with photoreal cg faces. I much prefer the Illusive sculpt. Hope you aren't offended, just my opinion.

I love seeing the rest of your work and would love to see more of the reveal build up's/ finished shots and your construction comments. You've done an outstanding job.

Thank you for your comment, blibber.
I have no problem that you are more a friend of the IC version. Anakin´s face looks so different in the very rare shots that are existing aside the movie scenes. I love Shaws performance so much. His real head with the make up to me looked odd. For example: they gave him the cayal eye lines like in the old 30s movies.
My intention was to nail the second when he smiles to his son in the movie.
That is one of the strongest moments in the whole saga to me. More like here
[/URL]
[URL=http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21vorlageanakin.jpg]

I guess the IC people concentrated more on these images. I had their sculpt as well as a sculpting reference, but noticed several details I didn´t like. Plus it´s much too big. And the back of the head and the scares are just wrong.

Everyone has his own opinion. And I´m glad that you like the rest of my work.:love

Last edited:

I think it has its own charm....sort of like a character from the Adventures of Baron von Muenchhausen. :lol

And I´m glad that you like the rest of my work.:love

I certainly do - some great threads you've made recently, very enjoyable. I've been working on a DV reveal recently, albeit a strange ep3/6/ "idealised" hybrid so I'm particularly keen to follow your work in this thread.

Re: your Anakin sculpt, it is a thoughtful choice for a reveal but I guess hard to nail, shame there's not much quality reference around for Shaw in this role. I see there is a new Star Wars reference book coming out this October soley on Vader, hopefully we can get some fresh archive shots our way.

I'm curious what your next costume projects are Trap Joe, you seemed to have crossed most things beautifully off the list already!

I certainly do - some great threads you've made recently, very enjoyable. I've been working on a DV reveal recently, albeit a strange ep3/6/ "idealised" hybrid so I'm particularly keen to follow your work in this thread.

Re: your Anakin sculpt, it is a thoughtful choice for a reveal but I guess hard to nail, shame there's not much quality reference around for Shaw in this role. I see there is a new Star Wars reference book coming out this October soley on Vader, hopefully we can get some fresh archive shots our way.

I'm curious what your next costume projects are Trap Joe, you seemed to have crossed most things beautifully off the list already!

:love

Maybe I´ll do a second Anakin sometimes. Although I decided never to do another Star Wars project, after I finished my lifesize Chewbaccas and the R2-D2 I have since 2002 and never built together. It could be, it comes different, because working on Star Wars is like a fountain of youth. And I found you pals:thumbsup

Any news about your E3 / E6 hybrid? It´s a really nice idea!!!:thumbsup

I´m doing two commissioned heads right now:
Not ready, yet:

I admire the work and talent that's gone into this reveal, i just can't reconcile the expression.....

Rich

I admire the work and talent that's gone into this reveal, i just can't reconcile the expression.....

Rich

As I mentioned in another thread about the reveal: I can understand that.
But for me this expression was most important.
After all adventures and heroic deeds of Anakin, the smile he gave to Luke before he died was the greatest to me.

got this great addition to my collection, together with the rubies armour. Now I have a Vader from every Star Wars episode :cool

..and i love all the rest + Chewie :lol Great craftsmanship on the vader mask and head-sculp. Really impressive!

TrapJoe, I thought you weren't a fan of the RotS helmet? Is it a completist thing?

O M G :love:eek:lovetotal love this reveal helmet must get off my bum and get my completed:thumbsup

Re: Darth Vader reveal - the first(?) completed custom made lifesize

I think the scuplt is very detailed and captures the intent wanted to be made:)

Thank you Guys. You are great.:love
I plan to make a case for it early next year.

TrapJoe, I thought you weren't a fan of the RotS helmet? Is it a completist thing?

Yes it is. And I like the inside of your ROTS reveal mask!

O M G :love:eek:lovetotal love this reveal helmet must get off my bum and get my completed:thumbsup

Hurry up, then:)

Last edited:

Congrats on the ROTS...I thought with that you would be tempted to make a complete ROTS Vader, or maybe you should turn that ROTS into a ROTS reveal...:love

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back