My Builds: The growing of an eclectic collection

Re: LEIA ADDED! Blasters on the bench: Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17 more

Ok, I'm calling it complete. I was not happy with the sterile look of a pristine blaster so I went weathered.

These pictures are crappy because it's nighttime and the house lighting does not do it justice... and the flash is even worse.

The kit was provided by @OdiWan72. He also provided a metal muzzle that was from an old @Boba Debt run.

View attachment 518450 View attachment 518451

Total weight: 13 ounces

It looks like you kept the little round post thing sticking out under the barrel and cut a space into the bottom of the cylinder???

Is this confirmed or just what you wanted to do?? Seems they would have just cut it off for the cylinder???

Tom

Re: LEIA ADDED! Blasters on the bench: Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17 more

Be my guest.

I can tap it in metric, maybe M5 or M6 (and include a short piece of matching threaded rod), or just a plain drilled hole - whatever suits best to the inner dia of the plastic barrel. Just let me know your wishes. :)

Okay I need a non threaded 1 Centimeter hole. The rod I have is a hair under 1 centimeter so that should be perfect. It's solid steel and fits in the Rubies barrel perfectly.

Thanks so much.

Tom

OK, then i will use the 10mm drill . or make a Adapter from Alu if the 10mm leaves not enough Material at the walls.

It looks like you kept the little round post thing sticking out under the barrel and cut a space into the bottom of the cylinder???

Is this confirmed or just what you wanted to do?? Seems they would have just cut it off for the cylinder???

Tom

I honestly don't know. If they used a real Margolin for the build up, they probably did not cut it off. If they used a cast, then they could have cut it off.

Re: Youngling Hilt - Projects: Leia, Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17 more

My next project is going to be Adamata's cast of a youngling training lightsaber. It's a nice cast so not much prep work.

full-1800e3a80e32bf8427ce5f5db27a449e.jpg

Re: Projects on the bench: Greedo Blaster, DL-18, GK, Droid Blaster, E-11, DH-17 more

...So Frank, how many blasters do you have by now!? :cool

Markus

I have 18.. 19 if you count each Jango blaster.

New count puts me at 21... 22 if you count each Jango blaster. I am in on boba debt's current DL-44 Solo/Hoth run so that number will go up by at least one soon. My wish list for blasters is for an accurate A New Hope DH-17 and a bowcaster.

My next project is going to be Adamata's cast of a youngling training lightsaber. It's a nice cast so not much prep work.

Until I saw this I totally forgot I started one of these years ago. I had to go look to see if i still had it. I have the original toy part with putty still on it, but never finished it.

Until I saw this I totally forgot I started one of these years ago. I had to go look to see if i still had it. I have the original toy part with putty still on it, but never finished it.

Yes, i have two of the toy parts (mini hits that went in the back of the figures to trigger combat action). I even have the .doc file tutorial from JediDentist. This will be much easier.

In fact it was not that much work. ;)

It´s drilled and will probably ship in 1-2 days, depending on when i find time to go to the post-office.

You are still awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Re: Projects on the bench: Greedo Blaster, DL-18, GK, Droid Blaster, E-11, DH-17 more

New count puts me at 21... 22 if you count each Jango blaster. I am in on boba debt's current DL-44 Solo/Hoth run so that number will go up by at least one soon. My wish list for blasters is for an accurate A New Hope DH-17 and a bowcaster.

You and Markus and Paul are so utterly my people. :D My current count is 23/24 that I've at least made a start on. Plus a bunch of custom stuff inspired be and intended to fit in the Star Wars universe for my various fringers and Mandalorians and such. And a few melee weapons.

--Jonah

You and Markus and Paul are so utterly my people. :D My current count is 23/24 that I've at least made a start on. Plus a bunch of custom stuff inspired be and intended to fit in the Star Wars universe for my various fringers and Mandalorians and such. And a few melee weapons.

--Jonah

I'm not sure what happened. All the sudden my interest in blasters peaked. I guess because blaster prop replicas were not as prominent in the MR and EFx lines as lightsabers were. Therefore it is easy to set a collection apart by adding blasters. It's not that I have anything against Efx, MR, or lightsabers, but since they made lightsabers so accessible, so many people have them, my collection seemed more like a collection of LFL licensed merchandise. Even if I have a more accurate and higher quality replica than and MR or Efx, that tends to get lost in the big picture.

It really helps that there are a lot of great people on the board willing to source parts (printing, casting, matching, locating, etc). I wouldn't have most of my items if not for all of you.

Yup. I'm indebted to lonepigeon, kpax, deadbolt, DECmachinist, WizardOfFlight, RafalFett, MojoFett, Steve Sansweet, ParkSabers, the Custom Saber Shop, Markus, and many, many others, either for parts directly, schematics they've researched, 3D models they've generated, parts they've identified that can be acquired out in the world, or high-res photos they've made available. I've always been interested in what I'm interested in, regardless of how common or rare, or easily-sourced or as-yet-unidentified... Han's blaster and Luke's lightsaber were never main foci for me. Leia's blaster (also used by Luke), Vader's lightsaber, the Imperial officer sidearm, the Royal Guard force pike... I like the challenge of making these pieces to my standards. As the hero DL-44 research thread discovered, even being from MR or eFX isn't a guarantee of 100% accuracy (though with Gino's involvement, eFX gets closer to the mark... but with their prices, small runs, and massive delays, I'd rather make my own).

--Jonah

Yup. I'm indebted to lonepigeon, kpax, deadbolt, DECmachinist, WizardOfFlight, RafalFett, MojoFett, Steve Sansweet, ParkSabers, the Custom Saber Shop, Markus, and many, many others, either for parts directly, schematics they've researched, 3D models they've generated, parts they've identified that can be acquired out in the world, or high-res photos they've made available. I've always been interested in what I'm interested in, regardless of how common or rare, or easily-sourced or as-yet-unidentified... Han's blaster and Luke's lightsaber were never main foci for me. Leia's blaster (also used by Luke), Vader's lightsaber, the Imperial officer sidearm, the Royal Guard force pike... I like the challenge of making these pieces to my standards. As the hero DL-44 research thread discovered, even being from MR or eFX isn't a guarantee of 100% accuracy (though with Gino's involvement, eFX gets closer to the mark... but with their prices, small runs, and massive delays, I'd rather make my own).

--Jonah

Word.

I also owe a lot of people a lot of thanks and like you I like what I like. Don't care if there is one or a million, popular or not.

This is just a great place to have fun, help people, and buy, build, sell and learn all about props, costumes, etc.

RPF rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

I wouldn't have a collection at all if I hadn't stumbled across this place a few years ago, when I joined I hadn't made anything since I was a kid, so many people have helped me out with Run's, parts, advice, criticsm etc. I like how people work together to make these props happen.

I'm fairly obsessive & have never been able to have just one of anything, if I know there are variations I need to try & make them all even if budget & location makes that difficult :lol

I've tried to focus my collection recently to strictly Star Wars & Strictly OT, I'm not a prequel hater & I loved the Clone Wars I just needed to narrow the field for myself I'm sure this'll go out the window with TFA coming out :lol

if possible I like to make/put it together myself & I have very few licensed props anymore

I really enjoy this build thread as we often seem to be working on the same things so it's pretty inspiring & helpful to push me along in my own builds :)

keep it up MJF

You are still awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

It´s packed, and my wife will bring it to the post office tomorrow. Have thrown some other stuff in, hope you gonna like it.

Please let me know when it arrives (or not, then we need to find another way to get you a muzzle)

It´s packed, and my wife will bring it to the post office tomorrow. Have thrown some other stuff in, hope you gonna like it.

Please let me know when it arrives (or not, then we need to find another way to get you a muzzle)

Will do. Thanks sooo much. Thanks to your generosity I switched this build to the ROTJ and gonna due the ANH next.

Pics soon.

Thanks again

Tom

Ooh, other stuff??? I missed that the first time :) :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back