My Boushh helmet weathered/ full costume pics added 9/08

Wooow, nice weathering job . Looks really good and realistic, the rest will come during trooping-time... :)

Well done, you can be proud of it . :thumbsup

I think you've done a fantastic job. What about it aren't you happy with? I would be very happy with the results. Now the whole helmet looks uniform.

It looks really nice to me. Only thing i see that ya left out was the gray color around the vid screen. Look at your pic of the real one and you will see what i mean.Also Lori remember once you have the entire costume ON the character comes to life:)
Its kinda like a TK with no armor, if your just wearin the helmet the body just looks odd without the rest of it. Don't be scared about diving in,weathering really makes the helmet and costume look REAL and not an off the shelf store bought product like.... cough. cough.RUBIES.cough.
I can't wait to see the rest of your costume all together and being worn.

Goldenrod

Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate all your compliments and replies. I GUESS I am happy with it. You have to know me to understand WHY I sound so unsure. For one, this helmet was a kit and I've NEVER done anything of the sort before (well helmets) I've been deathly afraid of it looking cheap or thrown together. I always see such wonderful work from you all and fear my helmet would look so bad. That's one reason, when I make costumes, I've only done them for myself.

Paul: To answer your question .."To TRY and save Han" lol. Thank you for the too kind compliment.

I do see what you mean Goldenrod about the grey area. Its very much like what I painted in the so call "ear" areas of the helmet. I honestly don't know how I missed that. Well...back to the paints. :lol And I have to agree you all, that wearing it to events does weather the helmet naturally. You see the scratches on the "mouth" area, they are there because I didn't bother to touch it up. Usually I would do that before my next event. Maybe I shouldn't touch it up anymore?. :unsure

As far as my costume, like many of us I feel its never done. I originally completed it in May, but since then, I've done nothing but revisions. It doesn't look anything like my pic at the 501st anymore. I know many of you can relate to that . I'll try and post pics soon, but I plan to play around with my costume a little more. I need to get this done before I have to take pics for my 501st card. I don't want to look bad . :( And yes..that is a reason why I worry about all this.

Top job Lori. I think it looks fantastic, so no worries there. It's really cool to know that you started from a mere kit and have this to show for it. You've done an excellent job, so be proud.
The helmet looks far more authentic now and I think you've got it spot on...and like Paul said, the helmet will get general wear and tear in time which will add to the overall appearance of the helmet as well. Just check out the before and after shots and youÂ’ll see what a fine job youÂ’ve done.

Hi Lori

I am in the camp that nearly every SW costume should be weathered. I've actually used the dremel to add cuts and scuffs to my Dengar armor. I'm sure most clean TK's would cringe to hear that but Bounty Hunters don't have time to spit shine and polish their outfits.

I love it.. :love

It makes it look like you've seen some action, BH's are never going to be clean. The only clean BH is one that's not been in the game very long and they keep polishing their armour and helmet. A seasoned BH has had to clean their armour so many times that they just give up and let it get a beating, that's just my take on it.

Your helmet looks like the type of BH I would want to steer clear from (Brilliant :D )

Congrats on an amazing looking Boushh :thumbsup

Cheers,

Kraig

Great job Lori, looks great to me.

I agree that once it starts to get a bit of use it will get some of it's own weathering but what you've done is great.

Nice job Lori, you've managed to weather the leather just enough.

It's always the problem with this sort of thing, normally you keep weathering thinking it doesn't look enough, but by the time you think you've got it you've gone too far. Less is more, and you've got it at just the right amount of weathering.

PS Haven't seen you for ages, not since the old BOTB site, sorry haven't posted much in BOTB or LOH since I got into all things 501st. Hi Lori.

i agree with everyone else... it looks great :)

taking the plunge to "mess up" your shiny props is always rough, but that's what separates the "oh neat" costumes from the "just stepped off of the set" ones.

Wow guys. I am truly taken back by all your nice compliments. That means so much coming from all of you. I admire all of your works :) And I am not just saying that. I sincerely admire people from this board as well as fellow costumers, everyone has such wonderful talent. You all have given me inspiration in distressing my helmet. I would have never done any of it without the little push and inspiration you have gave me to go ahead and do it. Trust me, I have barely any faith in what I do as far as costuming and props. I never really feel I have done a great job. Thank you all again for inspiring me.

HoundofCulaine: No worries. I've been away from BOTB myself, in such a long time. The 501st and RL has taken any free time I have ;)

Ian: I HAVE to see your Dengar soon. Perhaps next years SWW ;)

Well here it is finally. I have donned the costume for some pics, mainly to update my profile at the 501st. A little error on my part, my Bandolier waistband slipped too low in the pics except for the close up.

Oh well :unsure

Thanks again everyone. :)

boushhwebA.jpg

boushhwebB.jpg

boushhwebC.jpg

Congratulations...

That looks brilliant, you've done one helluva job and should be very proud :thumbsup

Cheers,

Kraig

<div class='quotetop'>(AlderaanGirl @ Sep 8 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]1316008[/snapback]</div>
Ian: I HAVE to see your Dengar soon. Perhaps next years SWW ;)

[/b]

Will you be at Mega? Scott will probably handle Dengar at SWW (unless something comes up). Otherwise, we will need to drag you to Dragoncon next year.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back