My Back to the Future collection [Real Guess jacket P48]

Hi Emma!

Now I actually HAVE just registered to saw how much in awe I am of your work on the BTTF collection. I have been looking around the internet for weeks now as I am going to do my first ever attempt at cosplay for the London Film & Comic Convention in London this summer as Marty McFly, as it just made sense.

The outfit is coming together well but the skateboard is proving hard. I've bought a basic one I'm going to have to re-paint and assemble for my budget and for days I've been directed here to see your efforts and the knowledge and work you've used for your own board are so impressive, really. Well done!

Do you have tips at all? My main struggle is the stickers, mainly the neon green/red one on the underneath. And then I need to work out how to make them to apply myself!

*holds head*

This site could prove hand for me in this respect!

:)

Hi Emma!

Now I actually HAVE just registered to saw how much in awe I am of your work on the BTTF collection. I have been looking around the internet for weeks now as I am going to do my first ever attempt at cosplay for the London Film & Comic Convention in London this summer as Marty McFly, as it just made sense.

The outfit is coming together well but the skateboard is proving hard. I've bought a basic one I'm going to have to re-paint and assemble for my budget and for days I've been directed here to see your efforts and the knowledge and work you've used for your own board are so impressive, really. Well done!

Do you have tips at all? My main struggle is the stickers, mainly the neon green/red one on the underneath. And then I need to work out how to make them to apply myself!

*holds head*

This site could prove hand for me in this respect!

:)

Hello, I could help with the stickers, I'll send you a pm :)

The one prop I have never seen made is Doc's sniper rifle. Do you have any interest in that prop Emma?

Well, the reason why I don't have any guns in my collection, it's because it's technically impossible to have them pass the customs here in the UK, and I don't believe they sell good realistic replicas here in the UK... I would have looked more into it if it would be plausible ^^

The same here in Germany. It would be nice to have good replicas of the BTTF guns in my collection (I don't like real weapons). But I don't want to risk having trouble with the customs.

Hi Emma, Fantastic collection and great thread. If you were interested in the winchester rifle you might be able to get it through customs as antique weapons are exempt from the VCRA restrictions. Interestingly if the Doc's was an 1866 rifle as mentioned previously this would seem to be OK because the regulations actually refer to modern weapons as being made from 1870. Alternatively you would need somebody to paint it bright orange!!!!!!

Well, the reason why I don't have any guns in my collection, it's because it's technically impossible to have them pass the customs here in the UK, and I don't believe they sell good realistic replicas here in the UK... I would have looked more into it if it would be plausible ^^

The UK doesn't even allow non working replicas? Thats dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Emma, Fantastic collection and great thread. If you were interested in the winchester rifle you might be able to get it through customs as antique weapons are exempt from the VCRA restrictions. Interestingly if the Doc's was an 1866 rifle as mentioned previously this would seem to be OK because the regulations actually refer to modern weapons as being made from 1870. Alternatively you would need somebody to paint it bright orange!!!!!!

The yellowboy replica today has an orange pinted tip at the end of the barrel. Does that count?

The UK doesn't even allow non working replicas? Thats dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

The yellowboy replica today has an orange pinted tip at the end of the barrel. Does that count?

I am afraid that having an orange tip isn't enough in the UK the replica has to be over 50% bright orange or a similar colour to be permitted. If you think that is dumb, it is illegal to own realistic imitation firearms in the UK including airsoft guns unless you are part of a skirmish group or re-enactment society but anyone in the UK can own a real deactivated gun as long as they are over age 18. So I can own a real deactivated winchester rifle but I can't own a replica......had many battles with UK customs over this so how stupid is that huh! Sorry Emma if this detracts from your great thread.

I am afraid that having an orange tip isn't enough in the UK the replica has to be over 50% bright orange or a similar colour to be permitted. If you think that is dumb, it is illegal to own realistic imitation firearms in the UK including airsoft guns unless you are part of a skirmish group or re-enactment society but anyone in the UK can own a real deactivated gun as long as they are over age 18. So I can own a real deactivated winchester rifle but I can't own a replica......had many battles with UK customs over this so how stupid is that huh! Sorry Emma if this detracts from your great thread.

No worries, and yeah! The regulations have been really strict over this, which is quite understandable I suppose... But not really convenient for collectors like us xD

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back