My 1st Prop from Scratch - Hellboy's Big Baby Build Thread

Here are a few pictures of the top bit of the stock and the hinge:

SDC11251-1024.jpg

SDC11252-1024.jpg

SDC11253-1024.jpg

SDC11254-1024.jpg

There is a couple of pictures of it here on the yourprops.com site. (let me know if you need higher res pics and I will take some)

These are very nice, thank you.

Is anybody intersted in the "Big Baby" graphics I've made, that are on the stock? I could upload a high res jpg of the face, and one of the letters. The latter could be used to make a cutting mask from, to paint on the white letters.

I managed to get some more done on this drawing today.
Just when I think I'm done. I notice little details that are still missing.

Skaeligrmbillede2013-03-16kl141219_zps8b9bd60e.png

Its looking good. Don't forget there is "B.P.R.D 333" embossed into a raised panel on the front ring around the barrels

excited to see this build, I had the sideshow ones. It was a great prop but it was made out of thin resin and felt kinda cheap for the price. Are you going to include the wind-up spring piano that plays lulla-bye and goodnight?

You can get the little clockwork boxes they put into stuffed bears that play Brahms Lullaby for not much at all. All you would have to do is to fit the key into the Big Baby winder

I dont know how far prop building will go to gain you some street cred, However some Scene cred maybe, and looking at your pics you already got my jelaousy.. Having been a teacher in this field for 15 yrs how is it you`ve never built a prop? Oh Well better late than never i`ll be trying my own hand on a few things when i move and have more space to tinker

Thanks for all the awesome info so far, I'm on Spring Break for 2 weeks, so Big Baby will have a long nap. But I'll be back working on "her" soon.

PS - My initial thought was not to make her open, was going to be fixed, I'm doubting myself a bit now, wondering if I should tackle the opening parts too? The hinge I'm not too worried about, it's the inner barrel part and how I'd fill in the parts between the 6 PVC parts that I'm using for the barrels...

I've been wondering if I could convert one of these airsoft grenade launchers into an airsoft big baby:

revlaun001.jpg

They take 40mm grenades which are about the same size as the Hellboy ammo. At a guess I'd say they used the cylinder off one of these to make the Movie used one.

I dont know how far prop building will go to gain you some street cred, However some Scene cred maybe, and looking at your pics you already got my jelaousy.. Having been a teacher in this field for 15 yrs how is it you`ve never built a prop? Oh Well better late than never i`ll be trying my own hand on a few things when i move and have more space to tinker

Thanks, street cred with the kids, you haul out (a hopefully decent big baby) and I've got their attention :)

I have been teaching 3D modelling and animation, the jump to props came via Nerf and have led me to starting a course that we can do a bit of everything and have fun with our 3d printers

Thanks again

I've been wondering if I could convert one of these airsoft grenade launchers into an airsoft big baby:

revlaun001.jpg

They take 40mm grenades which are about the same size as the Hellboy ammo. At a guess I'd say they used the cylinder off one of these to make the Movie used one.

Might be possible, I'll let you know soon how the PVC and MDF go. I'm jealous you've got one of the sideshow props. Thanks for all the great pics.

How wide are the barrels? Outside dimensions.

Thanks again

excited to see this build, I had the sideshow ones. It was a great prop but it was made out of thin resin and felt kinda cheap for the price. Are you going to include the wind-up spring piano that plays lulla-bye and goodnight?

Hmmmm, wasn't planning on it, but now I might have to...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back