My 1:1 Maximillian

Wow that looks great.

Over the years, I've seen umpteen evil, threatening robots in uncounted films. In the end I'd have to pick Maximillian as one of the most ominous and dangerous looking of them all. The color scheme of slightly weathered blood/devil red instead the terribly cliched black or silver metal really makes the design pop out. The inability to speak also adds to it. Great subject!

Yep, there are only a few truly evil robots, and Max stands out for me. I've got a couple other big robots but Max will be the only badass one. Eventually I want to have motors that spin the blades activated by motion sensor. That'll get folks attention.

I had some B9 ear motors in my hand, but they are too small for his blade hands. I'll need something with a little more umph. Right now the hand parts are all resin, but once I get him all finished up I'm going back and have a few parts machined in metal and the blades laser cut stainless. So the motor is going to have to be sturdy. First just to get him finished for molding, it's taken far longer than I had hoped.......

this is amazing to me, the time and attention to detail needed for such a massive undertaking boggles my mind. You sir are incredible. Can not wait to see the finished product!

12006260_10153270936336374_3212752891395569226_n.jpgRevising the port where the leg stabilizers attach so they can be moveable.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back