Movie Locations & Props To See In Florida?

Parenthood (1989) shot at Universal Studios Fla, with location shooting around Orlando and at the University of Florida.

Also Instinct (1999) with Cuba Godding Jr. and Anthony Hopkins. Shot in and around Orlando, a lot at the old Naval Training Base.

Mark

Doc Hollywood was filmed in Micanoy Florida. It is just outside Gainsville. It is pretty much the way it stood 100 years ago. It never changes. You can walk down the street that Michael J. Fox walked the pig, and shop in the antique store that was the hospital that he worked at. It looks exactly like the film set, even today. Even the garage that housed his car as he got it fixed looks exactly the same. But if you are not into antiques and coffe shops, then it might not be for you. Not much else to do there. The cabin that he stayed in later in the film is located near by as well.

THe Tallahasee Auto Museum has some of the Batmobiles there.
They have:
Batman Returns Batmobile
Returns Bat-Ski Boat
Duckmobile
Batman Forever Batmobile
They were supposed to get one of the 60's Batmobiles but I am not sure of that one.

They also had an old Studebaker that was used for the crash stunt as the practice track from "Tucker: A Man and His Dream". The car was used for the actual crash itself, which occurs during one of the test runs of the car.

Or at least they did the last time I went.

Even the garage that housed his car as he got it fixed looks exactly the same.

Not true. My dad and I went through the town last year after getting me moved in to attend school. We swung through the town. The Garage is now a store (but the painted sign that says "Garage" is still up on the wall).

If you happen to be in the North Florida area, go to Valdosta, GA. When you reach Clyatteville (10 minutes out from Valdosta) by crossing the railroad track at either the church or near the trainyard (you'll see a firetruck and a water tower), try to get to the backroad, and you will find the shooting location of Pacific Playland from "Zombieland," my first place of employment, "Wild Adventures Water and Theme Park." Even if the park is closed down, you can spot the iconic Boomerang rollarcoaster (which can be seen when the Humvee flies off into the lagoon), the Bug Out (the second ride Tallahassee uses to kill zombies) and the Pharoh's Fury (the boat ride the girls are on when they discover the zombies climbing the fence at the go-kart track. :)

<I was an extra in the canibal corpse show segment in Ace Ventura....
it was fun despite falling backwards into a lightbox and getting a bit of a burn....
hey Ive stil got a screen used leather jacket

Mentioned before but the Shopping center from Edward Scissorhands. Went there last year =D

IMG_0279.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back