MOS General Zod Kryptonian Build, slow but steady

Thanks. I just scaled up the 1:6 statue from DC comics. You may have to try to find one on amazon or eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if it's been a while. I've ben tweaking and re-designing my circuity that will control the extension and retraction of my saber (or knife) thing that Zod wears on his right gauntlet.

(FIXED VIDEO)
<b>

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh forgot to post the schematic, it's at the end of the video but it's not as easy to see.
Saber-Control-Circuit.png

The nerdy details are now starting to take over. Most of the major construction is over, minus the boots which I am dragging my feet on (pun intended). I have no name for this nerdy plate, so I'm calling it the thigh to waist connector plate. I still have to get the leather a darker brown and there's another strap (not pictured) that directly joins the cod to the thigh plate, reminds me of a song...
thigh upper connector plate.JPG

Original leather color is on top, next is just acorn brown dye, third down is a mix of brown and black dye, bottom is just 100% black dye. I went with the mix (3rd down) as it was the closest in level to the color of the armor. These are the straps that are in the previous posts' picture.
leather-colors.jpg

Finished the connector plates between the thigh and waist. Still cleaning up the cod piece. It has "issues" and I still need to add the straps to it like I did these pieces.
Upper-thigh-waist-connector-plates.jpg

Started making the boots and taking a break from the gauntlets. These plates are two 2 mm thick craft foam sheets glued together and then cut at the corners so I could make sharp-ish corners. I'm using PVC boots just for their compatibility with craft materials and glue. I'll add some articulation around the ankle and I'll trim the boots down some more. Better to have too much than too little. :)
boot-plate-bottom.jpg boot-plate-added.jpg

Ugh. This is why I dislike doing boots. Zod's boot is definitely complicated. I still have to shape up the bottoms with a curve and this upper part will be articulated at the ankle to make walking easier.
Boot-upper-progress.jpg

I've been watching the new Robocop and working on Zod's boots. All that's left are the calf muscle bumps and details.

As for overall work to go:
1) Armored gloves
2) Right gauntlet mechanism
3) Segment straps (the silver bits)
4) Trim detail straps behind the boots/knees and elbows
5) Priming/painting everything below the waist

There's a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train!
Boot-upper-base.jpg

Zod's right boot has a scabbard for a knife but because of con rules I decided to make it just a handle. I can always cut it off and stick a blade on there in the future if I need to.
boot-right-scabbard.jpg

This build is so under appreciated. You are doing work my man. This is a colossal project. Especially with the amount of detail in the armor pieces. I'm super jealous! When I saw the movie I was like I want that armor

Boot tops, thigh plates, and cod are all primed with Rustoleum Filler primer. I now have a mountain of sanding waiting for me when I get home tomorrow. Ten of the 12 silver segmented straps are complete now too.
boots-thighs-cod-primed.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back