LiS Laser Pistol lights & sound question

Carson Dyle

Sr Member
This is such a rudimentary "prop newb" question I'm a little embarrassed to post it. Alas, I'm mostly a miniatures guy and this project is a little out of my area of expertise.

In a nutshell, I recently acquired an old Remco toy pistol like the ones used in Lost in Space TOS S1. I've got all the add-ons I need to modify the toy in terms of appearance, but I also want to wire it for lights and sound. I believe I can source the original LiS laser sound from a CD of Irwin Allen SFX. Where I need help is in the sourcing and installing of the electronics -- specifically the trigger/ activation switch, sound board, and speaker. There's plenty of room inside the prop's "battery pack" for electronics.... I'm just not sure which electronics would best suit this particular project (did I mention I'm not a prop guy)?

The attached pix do not depict my own prop, and are just included for reference. Any advice re: sourcing and installing the aforementioned light and sound components is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• gUmZPmal.jpg
    gUmZPmal.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 78
  • zwfqIvml.jpg
    zwfqIvml.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 348380358_233632552707150_2183726545645553126_n.jpg
    348380358_233632552707150_2183726545645553126_n.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 73
This will be no help to you whatsoever, but I have the same vintage Remco pistol that I never converted as I never knew where to get the add on pieces. Do you mind if I ask where you got yours?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back