Mondo Posters & General Poster Art Prints discussion

Re: Mondo Posters & General Poster Art Prints discussion

The Aliens print is really cool but the Aliens themselves have been done to death in art prints. I want to see a colonial marines art print already.

- - - Updated - - -

........art prints.

Not sure if this is an actual art print or not:

944238_603770733009104_1802081303_n.jpg

Tom Whalen's BATMAN 1960s TV Show Print to Be Released Saturday at Comic-Con | Collider

"The Huckleberry booth is located on the convention floor under #3449"

Saturday, July 20th at 9am

“Batman Classic TV Series” by Tom Whalen
18” x 24”
Numbered Screen print Ltd Ed of 350
$60

“Batman Classic TV Series” by Tom Whalen
18” x 24”
Numbered Screen print Ltd Ed of 175 (variant)
$75

batman-tom-whalen-regular.jpg

batman-tom-whalen-variant.jpg

Exclusive: Mondo's 'King Kong' Poster

King Kong by William Stout

"Will go on sale on Thursday (watch @ mondonews for the exact time the poster will go on sale) for $50 with an edition size of 325."

king-kong-mondo.jpg

Last edited:
Millennium Falcon and Firefly Prints Recreate Volkswagen 'Lemon' Ad | Collider

The “Lemon – Firefly” and “Lemon – Millennium Falcon” prints so on sale at Spoke Art’s online store Friday July 19th at 3pm PST.

Title: Lemon – Firefly
Dimensions: 14″x18″
# of Screens: 1
Type of paper: 100 lb. cougar white
Edition Size: 75
$30 each

Title: Lemon – Millennium Falcon
Dimensions: 14″x18″
# of Screens: 1
Type of paper: 100 lb. cougar white
Edition Size: 75
$30 each

For comparison, here is Volkswagen’s Lemon ad:

Re: Mondo Posters & General Poster Art Prints discussion

Not sure if this i should post this here, but here's the Pacific Rim poster I made a year ago before the film came out. :)

picific+rim+japanese+web+mauro+balcazar.jpg

Attachments

• picific+rim+japanese+web+mauro+balcazar.jpg
    picific+rim+japanese+web+mauro+balcazar.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 102
NECA posted the following.

"Thrilled to announce the talented @ jasonedmiston in conjunction w/ @ MondoNews will be providing original art for the ED-209 packaging. #SDCC"

I wasn't too wowed by the Elysium poster initially. But after seeing a higher res shot, the details looks much better now. I am liking it.

9329826454_2b4cb118a7_o.jpg

9329824920_246eee743c_o.jpg

Art print from the graphic novel Mute by director Duncan Jones and artist Glenn Fabry

Duncan Jones will be signing this Mute artwork by Glenn Fabry at the Dark Horse Comics booth today at 3pm at booth 2615.

http://www.therpf.com/f47/mute-110581/#post2983433
More info here.

Please let me know if anybody here attending Comic-Con can get me a copy of the print from the Dark Horse Comics booth.

https://vine.co/v/hKqadBedBZz
Video clip from the booth.

Some pics shared by his wife Rodene.

BPuwXHgCUAA3qOl.jpg:large

BPux-kyCQAE34wT.jpg:large

BPu2r-aCIAAsyM6.jpg:large

Last edited:
Star Trek: The Art of Juan Ortiz: Juan Oritz: 9781781166703: Amazon.com: Books

51DZTyovvBL.jpg

What if every Star Trek: The Original Series episode was a movie event? What would the movie poster look like? This was the inspiration to develop a one-of-a-kind set of images for the series that launched a franchise. Artist Juan Ortiz has created unique retro-style art with the look of a 60s movie poster, comic book, pulp novel cover or advertisement, one each for all 80 episodes.

About the Artist

Juan Ortiz is an avid Star Trek enthusiast and an accomplished artist that set out to create an art program representing each of the 80 episodes from the Star Trek: The Original Series. The artwork embodies his passion for the series, the transformational Sixties, and the visceral reaction generated from each episode.

Since 1985, Juan has been an illustrator/designer for Disney and Warner Bros. and has penciled covers for DC Comics’ Looney Tunes and Tiny Toons magazines. He is also the publisher of his own comic book series, Silver Comics, seen in the Disney/Dreamworks release I Am Number Four (produced by Steven Spielberg) as well as The Skull Army, a macabre/detective pulp, featuring his creation (named) The End.

WAR GAMES poster for Skuzzles | Signalnoise.com

"WAR GAMES Regular Edition

Price $45
Size 36″ x 24″ – 5 color screen print
Edition size of 165
Printing by DL Screenprinting
Artwork by James White - Signalnoise

WAR GAMES “Green CRT” Variant Edition

Price $60
Size 36″ x 24″ - 5 color screen print
Edition size of 70
Printing by DL Screenprinting
Artwork by James White - Signalnoise

GLOBAL THERMONUCLEAR WAR BEGINS (screen prints on sale) on Tuesday July 23 @ 12:00PM Eastern Time on our homepage. Join our mailing list or follow us on twitter @ SKUZZLESCAN for announcements."

i_wargames.jpg

i_wghold1.jpg

i_wghold2.jpg

Exclusive: Mark Englert '2001: A Space Odyssey' and 'Dr. Strangelove' Posters for Gallery 1988 Kubrick Exhibit | /Film

"At Gallery 1988 East, Mark Englert will have his first solo show called Director Series: Kubrick. It’s an entire show of posters based on the films of the legendary director, and the first in a soon-to-be annual tradition of Englert applying his signature detailed landscape style to the films of a specific director

Here are Englert’s posters for 2001 and Dr. Strangelove. He’ll also have posters for The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and a few others."

"Here’s the deal. The Strangelove is just one colorway. The 2001 is a regular (the apes) with a glow in the dark element. There’s a variant too, but that’ll be revealed later. These are all 12 x 36 inches. We’re still waiting on cost and edition size.

Mark Englert’s Director Series: Kubrick, opens from 7-10 p.m. at Gallery 1988 East, 7021 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles. It’ll remain on display through August 24."

2001 (Regular)

2001 (Regular GID)

They mentioned variant will be revealed later, but the following image's file name was titled variant, guess the GID for this might be different.

2001 (Variant)

Dr. Strangelove

Full Metal Jacket

Last edited:
In Bottleneck Gallery's recent newsletter, they announced plans for a subscription service to Marko Manev's work. And also teased new Noir pieces.

Blade_Runner_Preview.jpg

Alien_Preview.jpg

2001_A_Space_Odyssey_Preview.jpg

Evil_Dead_Preview.jpg

Psycho_Preview.jpg

Jaws_Preview.jpg

Hellraiser_Preview.jpg

Terminator_Preview.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back